Mini Green House Grow

Re: setting sun's mini-greenhouse grow

thanks man! Happy thanksgiving!

you're welcome bro!

hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Hay SS I also have the same machine, I was hesitant putting my cured buds in those plastic containers. I read somewhere that it not a good idea to put buds in plastic jars. Have you read or heard anything about that?

Have a great Thanksgiving....

I think that pertains more to plastic bags like baggies. Trichs stick to that kind of plastic. These canisters are made out of a slick hard plastic that doesn't do that.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Did someone say they made tops for canning jars?

yep, Foodsaver makes vacuum tops for both regular and wide-mouth canning jars. They also make "universal" vacuum tops for any kind of glass jar, but those tend to leak and lose vacuum, so make sure you get the ones for Mason jars if you get some.

popping the seal on some well-cured vacuum packed buds is sublime :yummy:

you're welcome bro!

hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

I think that pertains more to plastic bags like baggies. Trichs stick to that kind of plastic. These canisters are made out of a slick hard plastic that doesn't do that.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

yep, Foodsaver makes vacuum tops for both regular and wide-mouth canning jars. They also make "universal" vacuum tops for any kind of glass jar, but those tend to leak and lose vacuum, so make sure you get the ones for Mason jars if you get some.

popping the seal on some well-cured vacuum packed buds is sublime :yummy:

There is a ton of them on ebay. new and used.

Yep, lots of them on ebay.

That's where I got some extras.

Hope you had a good TG, OMM! ;)

Was pretty good. Had a good can of ensure. Didn't have turkey flavor though. :surf:

First of all congrat's on your harvest!

How long can you keep the buds in a state of oxy free suspension before re introducing oxy to complete the curing process?

Thanks for a great learning ride!

JOURNAL WRAP-UP

IMG_3413_Medium.JPG

IMG_3412_Medium.JPG

IMG_3405_Medium.JPG

IMG_3403_Medium.JPG

IMG_3391_Medium.JPG

IMG_3386_Medium.JPG

Yield: 4.5 oz

Smoke report:

From the perspective of a medical marijuana patient, this strain works well for me. It relaxes me so my back muscles can relax, and the euphoric effect is helpful in taking my focus off of my back, which is also a very good thing.

From more of a connoisseur perspective, it hits your head hard and is the trippiest weed I've smoked. Takes me on magic carpet rides where I just stare off into space for a while, lol.

The only downside to this weed, which I also mentioned in my last journal, is the extreme short-term memory hit. It's like having cerebral couchlock, lol. My body works just fine, but I might as well stay on the couch, because this is thinkin' and trippin' weed, not project weed ;).

I flushed these plants really well before harvest, and cured them than my more carefully than previous harvest. The buds smell fruity and sweet, almost like candy. It smokes smooth, no coughing with big rips, and has a mild pine finish on exhalation.

THINGS I LEARNED ON THIS GROW

I learned a ton of stuff on this grow, but these are the major ones that came to mind:

1. Growing one plant per pot works better for me than more than one.

2. LST works well for me both outdoors and indoors.

3. Even though I'm a legal marijuana patient and grower, if I want to grow outdoors in my backyard, I have to do so in a manner that is stealthy enough to give me peace of mind.

4. If I take my plants out for some direct sunlight, I need to acclimate them gradually so that they don't get burned.

5. White pots work better for growing outside in hot climates because the roots stay cooler.

6. Be prepared for pests before they appear so that I can catch things quickly. I now have several products on-hand.

7. Girdling plants and individual branches may increase yield and is easy to do. I plan on pursuing it.

8. Calcium and magnesium supplements are a requirement when using reverse osmosis water.

This journal has been quite a ride and journey. A sincere :thanks: to all of the great members on this site that encouraged me, advised me, and most of all, became my friends.

ss_2.jpg

Congrats on the harvest brother grower. I love the parting shot of the setting sun. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your next grow. Much love.Peace.

Hi Sun :surf:
You've done what you set out to do. Each grow has been better than the last. :clap::clap::allgood::clap::clap:

You and all of us have learned so many useful methods and tricks to make us all better better growers. Thank You. :goodjob:

By the way, Nice Haul too. :cheer:

In for the next one too old buddy.:grinjoint:

Awesome, a true class act :clap::clap::ganjamon:
those buds look deeeeelicious too

+rep

Way nto finish her out strong SS... Its funny because your high as a connoisseur smoker is nearly identical to the high from my first crop... lets just say i sat in the car for 45mins jus spacing out one day, with the wiper blades on... and it wasnt raining... LOL... neway +rep if i can:439
sorry gotta spread the love

First of all congrat's on your harvest!

How long can you keep the buds in a state of oxy free suspension before re introducing oxy to complete the curing process?

Thanks for a great learning ride!

great question, but I don't have enough experience with vacuum packing buds to know the answer. On my next harvest, I'll vacuum pack a few fresh buds and see what happens.

thank you OldSkoool!

That's the stuff! Nice job!

do you have a final weight?

excellent timing with that question doc, lol!

I'm very much enjoying following your very successful harvest!

Awesome! Applause!
If you would take 'portraits' of your known strains and post in the Cannabis Strain ID thread (see my signature) we will also have a growing catalogue for IDing different strains. Thank you, bro.

will do TB, and hope to contribute as many strains as I possibly can :grinjoint:

thanks brother! ;)

Congrats on the harvest brother grower. I love the parting shot of the setting sun. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your next grow. Much love.Peace.

thanks Charlie, I've appreciated having you on-board ;). The next one should be a blast. Much love and peace to you also :peace:

That bud looks great man! And that is a good yield from the number of plants you were growing. Great job. 5star

thanks mesrone! I'm satisfied with the yield from this grow. At one point, I didn't think the plants would even survive, so I'm grateful for the outcome.

thanks for following my journal and for the positive energy ;)

Congrats on the harvest and very nice summary on your grow.

thanks Screwnuts!

I love to read other people's summaries, especially if they mention what they learned from the experience.

rock on brother! ;)

Hi Sun :surf:
You've done what you set out to do. Each grow has been better than the last. :clap::clap::allgood::clap::clap:

You and all of us have learned so many useful methods and tricks to make us all better better growers. Thank You. :goodjob:

By the way, Nice Haul too. :cheer:

In for the next one too old buddy.:grinjoint:

thank you OMM!

I value your friendship and support ;).

Following your journal has been a pleasure! I love to head over to the islands and see how things are going ;).

Awesome, a true class act :clap::clap::ganjamon:
those buds look deeeeelicious too

+rep

thanks for the kind words DroJo!

I would give you reps but it wont let me, I guess I've already given you some. Damn nice job!!!!

:goodjob:

thanks sister! your comments mean a lot more to me than the reps do ;).

best wishes with your indoor grow! :slide:

Way nto finish her out strong SS... Its funny because your high as a connoisseur smoker is nearly identical to the high from my first crop... lets just say i sat in the car for 45mins jus spacing out one day, with the wiper blades on... and it wasnt raining... LOL... neway +rep if i can:439
sorry gotta spread the love

good, I was hoping my smoke report expressed the high well, and I see it did! :ganjamon:

thanks dez!

Just caught back up with ya, Sun. Top notch buds and journal! There were some ups and downs, but you maintained. The results are a wealth of information and awesome buds! Great wrap up. You inspire me to be a better grower and journal writer! + respect! (can't rep again) Can't wait for your LED experience!

Back
Top Bottom