WheelOFortune's - first turn

lol, ont, my friend.
my friends and i call any bud that is nugs with no seeds but not very potent beasters. usualy hard commercial nugs for 10/gramish you know? wasn't referring to any specific bud.

and NH, i missed anything that was really offensive, it was deleted before i got here, lol.
you calling my bids small wasn't really offensive because its true. but like i said first run. . . not expecting to pull 3 lbs yet.

the strawberry cough is right from dutch passion, so there isn't any question about genes.

about the dripping again, i have never used any of the others, but i believe that you can mitigate any problem if your smart and can think of inventive solutions. The volks however is as close to fool proof as you can get in this case.

people tend to get defensive of beliefs they hold whether its defending a system that you think is the best, or knowledge you believe to be true. sometimes it gets out hand and you say stuff out of anger or resistance to change. i wasn't really offended by the small bud comment, but it's nice to try to word things so that they are less offensive if you are commenting on someones problems.

I always try to give people good constructive critiques, but i always try to be careful to word it in a way that wont create sore feelings. if you read some of the posts i made on other journals, you would know i don't always accompish that perfectly. no ones perfect.

if you have your system going up, i hope you take pics and start a journal.
always love new info... when its accurate. lol.
i don't put much stock in links to other grows as proof of being knowledgable about a subject. i just listen to the types of statements and questions. you have my attention.

peace. WOF

oh shitty commercial bud looks good but thats it because some people call BC bud beasters and it really pisses Canadians off because BC holds it down when it comes to chronic esspecially BC Godbud

and we pay 10 a gram for every bud even the best shit but I pay 5 because I know buddy with the weight lol it's not about the money around here just good bud and good peeps

Wheel how many weeks r u now i didnt miss ur harvest did i.I got my seeds today and got them soaking ,and got a call friday from omega should get my volks in 7-10 business days.Almost got my room ready wont be long now.I must say the folks on site are much more easy going and nice,, my cup of tee

ahh well id have to say its a little about the moneny or i can bet most people would not be doing it.. although it is a good passtime and hobby..! around hear you have headies...KB beasters reg, your mexi outdoor ,and then swag.....as for prices per zips... 460, 350, 260, 150, 100, and 60 kb is anything that is above beasters ( that nasty hay smelling bud but with no name) any name-brand is heads or we call it elites... but if theres no breader packs with it or a copy then who knows what it is...
thats a shame that it's about the money where you at thats likely why it's all bunk swag greedy dealers picking up lots of bunk shit and selling it for as much as they can is terrible not very good karma thats likely why the States envy Canada cheap and good herb where ever esspecially in T.

not saying it's not about money but it shouldn't be about greed either and of course we're jealous you guys can charge alot for herb but we're not jealous of who ever is paying $4000 a pound or the wallstreet idiots paying $1000 an oz when it only cost us$1400 a pound

I must say the folks on site are much more easy going and nice,, my cup of tee

ever vigilant mods like soniq, always on his game cleaning up the threads make this one of the nicest forums to read. (whenever hot heads prevail)
things said in the heat of the moment disappear into the past in conversation, they sit and fester in a forum. deleting them makes it easier for those who are nice to control the conversation.

BMB,
You didn't miss anything, lol. Dutch Passion says that strawberry cough has a second growth spurt that lasts until about day 65. they suggest harvest at 9 weeks. the druglibrary strain guide says 75-80 days!! yikes. i think thats too long.

today is day 55. the microscope shows like 60% milky, 30% clear, 10% amber.

So i decided to go another week. i'll take a look next weekend and decide. tomorrow is exactly 8 weeks. since they are on the light side, unless i see a major shift to amber trichs, i'm gonna try and let it fill out as much as i can. plus now is the time that shes hopefully gonna start to purple up nicely.
I'll post pics when i take them, and again after drying.

on another note, i took another sample last thursday so should be dry in a few days.

also the (2) lowryder females that were mature enough to pollinate have about 80-140 seeds between the two of them. the strawberry cough has about 30-40 and the HS has a dozen or so that i can see. i am confident that i will be able to get a few auto fems from the SC at least. hopefully the HS as well.

no since in rushing fine wine keep up the good work wheel. The af, im anxiously waiting the results on that.And for the rest of you's, sip a milk shake in a snowstorm and stay cool:peace:

souternont,

you are partly right though, i'll stick up for you.
there are a lot of grimey, dirty, low down scum bums, that would steal from thier own mothers, that sell/grow/transport weed. It is precisely because there is so much profit to be had that these people get involved. So many people get hurt (and others get powerful) because of these dumb laws that empower people like this.

your so right that it sucks that these people even exist. they suck, the problems they cause suck, and their weed almost always sucks too.

However I think IMO, most of the people on sites like these either are growers or know growers. most of the stuff i got before i grew came from a friend i knew who grew or another friend who knew someone who grew ALOT and distributed. I want to be the first guy. enough for me and a few good friends who end up paying for the grow and my knowledge. they get the best shit they can get and for the same price as crap. they are happy i am happy.

For those that want to take the next step to the second guy i knew, there's nothing wrong with charging fair market price. good shit is hard to get in places where it's illegal. hell, its just hard to get period. it takes alot of time and care and money to produce greatness. how good it is gives it great intrinsic value. if you made 10 million dollars last year 1000 bucks isn't shit for the best f'n weed you ever had in your life. your not taking advantage of that guy, he's happy, your happy. its all good.

if it was legal, that would all end. and people would grow weed like wine makers grow grapes. but alas our fruit is forbidden.

oh, and SO, that dude that sells you shit for $5/gram, is probably hooking you up cause your a friend and he is making his money on you anyways if he's growin right.

NH,
a wise man veiws all of the available evidence and makes the best possible guess as to what is true or right or god or bad or whatever. loyalty IMO should always be to truth above all else. if your beliefs are wrong, so what, change them.

safety is the best policy, agreed.

i think you have your numbers messed up, yeah the big ones are 6k, the volks is only 80 site max, and goes for $1800. i picked mine up at the local ups freight, in a pickup, but that's because i'm impatient and its faster that way. getting your local hydro shop to order it for you would be a good idea too (they'll prob want the money either upfront, or something down)

there is nothing illegal about a volks, and couldn't be used as probable cause for a search. i'd be much more nervous ordering seeds than a volks.

anyways NH,

if you want to post about my grow or maxx's grow, i welcome the conversation.

but since this is a grow journal, i don't want to argue which systems are best or which company is best. this is a VOLKS journal. i want to talk about my experiences with this exact system so that people can learn, and i can learn.

and i doubt people want to read it, and if they do they can just go to one of the other sites with an old dead journal because no on wants to read an argument.

Alright gentlemen, good points all around. It all comes down to judgement. I've been accused of having poor judgement, but I am a risk taker. Without risk, there is no reward. What sweeter fruit is there than the forbidden? Ask yourself this, how is my karma? I didn't start this to get rich, I started it out of need. I like bud, the economy is horrible, jobs are rare where I am (that pay enough), and I can actually help those in need (not just myself). I consider myself a responsible grower of high quality medicinal marijuana. I keep prices low to combat black market importation, make availability to those financially challenged (people who truly need it rarely have the money for it), and of course lots more of that awesome karma.

With that said, my VG is assembled, I have everything necessary, and am ready to grow.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to start clippings (no roots) in the VG? I am going to attempt it. I used an aeroponic machine outdoors with fantastic results against much critisizm and surprise. I didn't know I it was not recommended, and so I did it and succeeded. I continue with my "ignorance is bliss" growing methods and try not to do stupid things while not narrowing my mind with "knowledge". If it doesn't work, oh well, but I bet it does. I have a fogger I intend to utilize with the wheel. I guess this means I'll have to start my own journal. Best of luck Maxx, and W.O.F., consider yourself inspiration for the rest of us. I will do my best to do the same.

When I ordered my Volks, the company suggested that I pick my system up from the shippers doc so that it was not delivered straight to my door, regardless of what it was for. These units are highly efficient at growing whatever you are growing. I have heard of the feds busting in on grannies growing tomatoes in their windows, so I think it's good not to have guys with guns, hopped up on coffee and donuts busting into your place for any reason.

Cheers,
Maxx

Alright gentlemen, good points all around. It all comes down to judgement. I've been accused of having poor judgement, but I am a risk taker. Without risk, there is no reward. What sweeter fruit is there than the forbidden? Ask yourself this, how is my karma? I didn't start this to get rich, I started it out of need. I like bud, the economy is horrible, jobs are rare where I am (that pay enough), and I can actually help those in need (not just myself). I consider myself a responsible grower of high quality medicinal marijuana. I keep prices low to combat black market importation, make availability to those financially challenged (people who truly need it rarely have the money for it), and of course lots more of that awesome karma.

With that said, my VG is assembled, I have everything necessary, and am ready to grow.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried to start clippings (no roots) in the VG? I am going to attempt it. I used an aeroponic machine outdoors with fantastic results against much critisizm and surprise. I didn't know I it was not recommended, and so I did it and succeeded. I continue with my "ignorance is bliss" growing methods and try not to do stupid things while not narrowing my mind with "knowledge". If it doesn't work, oh well, but I bet it does. I have a fogger I intend to utilize with the wheel. I guess this means I'll have to start my own journal. Best of luck Maxx, and W.O.F., consider yourself inspiration for the rest of us. I will do my best to do the same.

Outstanding, if you need any help setting it up, links in sig, etc, please shoot me a PM; I'm in :popcorn:

some more messages were edited to make it smooth sailing,
but i want to reiterate part of my point that was cleaned up.

whenever someone make a claim - any claim - as a scientist i have been taught to ask myself "is this plausible?". Then i gather all available data and make a decision as to what i think the "Truth" is or whats most likely to be right. but a true scientist has no loyalty to an idea or system or method. a true scientist has loyalty to the truth no matter what. for instance if everyone thinks that the world is flat, and i have overwhelming evidence that it is round, i don't care if i get excommunicated, i have to believe the evidence. if every backwoods conservative in the world tried to tell me evolution isn't real and adam and eve were the first humans, i would ask the scientific credo, "where is the proof?"

scientists know that if you want to be published, when you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you. I am writing a research paper right now in physics, and its just pages and pages of trying to prove my idea. one thing you should keep in mind that many times there can be many different truths that may not compliment each other but are still true from one perspective. like newtonian physics and quantum physics. they contradict each other as far as we can tell, but they are still both truths.

every one should ask themselves, about every belief they have ever held -
"where is the proof" if there isn't any or isn't enough then don't be stubborn, scrap the old ideas, and follow the evidence. Ultimately it won't lead you wrong.

CM, you can try anything you want. . . if it works, let us know.
better yet start a journal so we can learn with you.

if you start one, can you post a link in this forum so it can catch my attention?

thanks, and GL.

WOF!

Back
Top Bottom