J189RFC 400W Hydroton Lyriders + Outdoor

:D Oh that is happy news! Outdoor girl needed more time and is all grassy tasting still so I think it's into the pot for her! Hahahaa :lol:

I make mine a little on the light side 3 bricks (6cups) for 2 oz of trim or bud or w/e. So you end up with about 9-10g/cup of butter. Most recipes call for 1/3rd- 1/2 cup. 1/3rd cup is only 3g of original for lets say 12 cupcakes. .25g/item. So lets say you munch out really bad and eat 3 of these, your still not totally destroyed! lol!

Gonna make cookies next. They take more butter than cupcakes but thats ok! Same idea applies. Each cookie should work out to about 0.1-0.15 g / cookie.

:)

Oh wow! I had no idea how much you could make with just one brick of butter! 2 Cups is a lot to work with! So far I'm up to 6 trays of cookies and a tin of muffins! Ohhh they are all so tasty though!

Drum rolls and trumpets please! *nothing happens ... Continues anyway*

It would seem that the ladies are starting to think it's almost time. They are getting fatter, the hairs are turning more orange, the smell is coming out, a bunch of new ladies are well on their way, I've used up all my butter and am working on 2 cups for another friend, this is a horrible run on sentence.....

I also took some very nice pictures this morning right before the light turned on. You can really see the progress with these. Also I happened upon some amazing buds so I also took pictures. So tasty and now I can finally enter the nug of the month again! Vote for me ya? :p

nov_9th-1.jpg
nov_9th-10.jpg
nov_9th-2.jpg
nov_9th-3.jpg
nov_9th-4.jpg
nov_9th-5.jpg
nov_9th-6.jpg
nov_9th-7.jpg
nov_9th-8.jpg
nov_9th-9.jpg

The little green thing that isn't trimmed at all is the outside lady. She gets the pot here soon! Roughly 3/4 of an ounce from her of no where near done bud. May be good for meds, we will see. :D Happy sativa day all!

DAMMNN, Nice long colas dude :thumb:+Reps for sure. How would you rate the smoke of the outdoors?

And I'm disappointed to hear that the butter machine didn't meet your expectations on overall production, but the quality of product must be worth the price, no?

I admit I consider popcorn trim that might be why I had a potent batch of oil. I also admit I used a bit more green than the recipe called for might be why I got so overwhelmed by what I made. Did you use the Soy Lecithin?

No we didn't know about the soy lecitin before! But it's a nice little trick! I don't even want to try smoking the outdoor... Full of bugs, grassy smell, not quite ripe :( very sad, I was hoping there would be enough time for her. But alas it was too cold.

*** 15 minutes later**** Well I went and smoked a nice big j of somewhere near the top main cola and nope, still gross. Strong I'll give you that much but other than that, taste like assy grass. Has a nice spicey smell to it when you just light it up. So I look forward to some flushed, cured big beastly nugs!

I am really impressed with the machine don't get me wrong, but like with any machine that tries to do every thing at once, it misses out some times. I'll still end up using it, but maybe not as freaquently. I like making butter by hand, but oil.... ya maybe not. I think I would use it for oil, but even then, I kind of prefer hash. Oh well haha each their own. I know a couple people who just love theirs.

he still can edit himself if he wants as long as the button is there and highlighted :thumb:

Rain, ya that competition is getting all crazy again this month. Always drama in the contests! The contest rules say no campaigning. Campaigning would have me going to other threads and sending pm's. That was not a real ask for votes, it was an off hand comment.

Chron I'm not sure why but my ability to edit seems to disappear after about 5 mins... Oh well, not too concerned.

IN GOOD NEWS!!! I learned how to make really nice hard toffee last night and home made skor bars, I'm only a step away from adding canna butter to it! It will be so strong ! 1/2 of the recipe is canna butter!!!!!! All I can say is that home made candy is way tastier than store bought!

Gonna try that this afternoon :)

OHHH MAN! Home made candy is by far the best thing every... oh wait, no. Home made CANNA CANDY is!

Thats right, recipe right here!

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canna butter(salted)
2tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda

test your thermometer, boiling temp of water is 100C, subtract 1(one) degree Celsius for every 500 feet elevation

slowly melt butter with water in a thick bottomed or glass pot, mix in sugar, dissolve completely

put on low heat - 3.5/10 heat works well.
put in candy thermometer, cook till 140C (with substractions)
only stir once or twice to prevent burning, make a sample batch to make sure it works and you get it (lots of butter used!)

Should take about 20 minutes, while that is cooking line cookie sheet with tin foil. This is the part where you can add crushed almonds or crushed peanuts or other things.

Take off heat when it reads 139C
add vanilla and baking soda, stir just enough to mix in ingredients and pour onto cookie sheet. Let cook 2-3 minutes and top with chocolate, let melt for 5-10 minutes and brush the chocolate smooth. Let cool for at least 2 hours. Chop and store in a cool dry place.

Tasty and full of meds!

+Reps for the recipe dude, I will be trying this come Christmas time. One question though:

>>> Let cook 2-3 minutes and top with chocolate, let melt for 5-10 minutes and brush the chocolate smooth. Let cool for at least 2 hours. Chop and store in a cool dry place.

When you mentioned, after you mix the baking soda and vanilla in, and pour it onto the cookie sheet, does the 2-3 minutes of "let cook" mean just let the mix sit on the cookie sheet to cook internally, or do you put this on another type of heat source. just looking for a clarification as I wouldn't want to mess this up, thanks ;)

Oh wow thank you for catching that. no it's "let COOL for 2-3 minutes" on the cookie sheet, until it get hard enough that the chocolate doesn't sink to the middle. hahah :)

And to you Chron!

Not much going on over here. The hairs are almost all turned and the buds are starting to puff....a little. If by the end of the month they aren't done I'm pulling them.

I got a new toy today so I've been playing! Photos now, treats later hahaha

nov_16_2013-6.jpg
nov_16_2013-5.jpg
nov_16_2013-4.jpg
nov_16_2013-2.jpg
nov_16_2013-1.jpg

Oh man, starting to get exited! Getting some serious cloudiness in the main girl, the others two are still throwing out TONS of pistils though. And I mean like were talking fat fat fat. I am not defoliating this next round if that's the difference it makes this much of a difference. Also huge lemon smell! It's got a sweet like a lemon tart smell to it, or no a lemon frosted cookie... something like that. Made more butter yesterday, gonna make some more toffee, that stuff was amazing. Updates as usual.

:)

Back
Top Bottom