WheelOFortune's - first turn

thanx CMX,
i hope my second run will be more than twice as productive. lol. I think my buds are already world class as far as taste and strength goes. my yield was shit this time though (as you all can see). but your right CMX, learning curve to any new system.

soniq,
im not going anywhere, lol.

NIce pics wheel looks like happy days out ur way. I finaly got my volks yesterday ,my seeds are 2 1/2 weeks in so i will start a journal when i can cut clones and get it filled up . Looking forward to harvest keep up the good work

AWESOME BMB,

can't wait. if you have any questions or need help, let me know. I'm obviously not a master of the volks yet but I have learned a lot from the first run.

another suggestion for myself (and others), next run, i think i should only water 1 time a day. I have the three LR#2 in the fridge, it takes about 3 full days for the RW to dry out enough for the leaves to droop, so one watering a day should be plenty.

ok. ok. ok.
everything is dry except my eyes. lol.

this harvest is one of my most disappointing harvests ever.
my dry wt. is worse than my lowest expectations by far.
other growers might be inclined to pump up their numbers to sound like they did better, but thats not my style. A good scientist is loyal to the truth no matter how bad the data is.

two things first-
1) i don't blame the volks
2) i don't blame my self either.

why my harvest is so low is because of the genetics of the SC. it was old and stressed out, and was grown from a seed that i made from light poisoning method of feminizing seeds. Also the clones i took were weak, taking more than a month to show roots.

The HS is another story, and is what is keeping my confidence up.

i miscounted in the beginning the number of each i had in the wheel, but it was easy to tell the difference in smell and looks at harvest.

i had 57 strawberry cough that yielded a dismal 58 grams dry.
the holy shit however, I had 14 plants that yielded 45.8 grams dry.

thats about 1g/plant for the SC and over 3g/plant for the HS.

if i only grew HS, my first run wouldn't have been bad, 80 plants at 3g/plant would have yielded over 1/2 lb. but like every other journal i read, i was not ready for the number of clones i needed to fill the wheel, so i did what i could to fill it quick.

oh well. now you all know what a bad harvest looks like in the wheel, and should have a lower limit to what you can expect to pull out of a wheel if you do a poor job, or have poor genetics.

the smoke is awesome still, however, and i do have a 1/4 lb. to last me the 10-12 weeks before i'll have more. unfortunately now i will have to be stingy with friends, and keep all of it for myself. . . good thing my boy the baker has a lagre quantity on the way to supplement what i can't give to my friends. I helped him harvest last wed.

anyways. . . that should just about wrap this grow up. . . thank god, and good riddence. lol. I have new seeds, new genes, and new plans to worry about now. . . but it will still be weeks before i even think about puttin more plants in the wheel.

thank you everyone for your help and support,
thanks PAN, MAXX, SONIQ, and everyone else who posted on this journal.

I'll still be around, but in a week or two this journal should go to completed status.
I will post curing pics if i get a chance.

thanks again
WOF.

ill take a 1/4 pound of sc any day, dont beat yourself up, off 1 600 still not that bad , genetics is going to be key is the volks , im also going to bite the bullet and buy some advanced nutrients and use c02 still did a great job wheel surly between 4 or 5 people with a volks we will find that magic strain stay safe while u work looking forward to the next turn of the wheel +rep for ur honesty if i can give rep

WOF after reading your full grow here are some suggestions (this is coming from a wheel grower)-

Get the hell away from fox farms! You must have a crappy hydro store who gives you bad advice. Chaching is good but everything else they have is cheap crap. Also stick with one nutrient for the whole run, don't switch companies in the middle because of what you have lying around. Go with the CNS if you want size, canna if you want taste,

Stop messing around with the cubes! Leave them in the system and don't keep pulling them out.

You don't need 4 airstones. One is fine.

The twisting of the leaves doesn't affect anything. And the turning of the heads is due to gravity not positioning to face the light , the plants right themselves on their own after a few turns on the wheel. It is not a permanent effect unless you always leave them on the side like in the Ecosystem(which sucks).

Stop messing around with autoflowers. Those genetics suck. If you want some serious genetics i would get in my car and drive to Cali. I don't know how far that is for you but if you want the best genetics in your state you have to come here. Pik up a few clones and they will be better than you can imagine. Those seed companies are playing around with way weaker genetics.

You have got to clone and keep some mother plants around. You aversion to mothers and cloning is like buying a race car but refusing to put gas in it.

2 mothers, 60 clones per run. Very simple.

if you insist on getting seeds - the first is obvious you have GOT TO go with DNA. LA Con, Recon, LA Woman, and here is the one that will be the real killer - Cataract Kush(og x LA Con).

If you want a taste of some serious cali genetics and you can't get here to LA, I will let you in on a little secret - they are called the CALI CONNECTION(u can find them on Thcfarmer.com). They have the most severe shit on the planet. All the psychotic OG GENES. also Chem(whish is ogs Daddy). And they have all kinds of sick OG and Chem crosses that will absolutely blow you away, however the one drawback to these is that most of them get a little tall and are ten weekers. Though the Giesel is supposed to stay a little shorter. This is some crazyness for breeding. I would love to see you combine any of these with your holy shit.

Good luck and keep on spinning.

Look at the brite side, if you can do that with poor genetics, just think what you you can do with good ones! Definitely something to look forward to! I think the worst smoke I ever grew, was still better than buying some. Plus you learned so much on the way, perhaps the bounty was much more than you thought. Experience is priceless. Best luck on the next round, in the meantime, I just put my clones back in my machine last night! So you can watch me try not to muck it up! Great journal, excellent effort, outstanding attitude.

Experience is priceless.

:amen:

Conventional growers have to go through a learning curve, it seems normal to me that the volks would require a learning circumference ;)

thank you everyone,

im glad you all enjoyed yourselves, it was fun for me to post too. too bad you have to take a small risk in doing so. . . but i will keep it up anyways. I really appreciate all the kind words. Im don't really blame myself for my poor yield. i think i'll do bette with the new seeds.

short round, I appreciate the advice. . . but,

I think i will try dutch master next run, my boy uses it with great results, and other people like it too. i just think its not as good tasting as fox farms. . . I don't talk much with my hydro store guys, i don't think they know much.

also i didn't pull many blocks out during the grow, just a few once or twice for a specific reason. most didnt move.

I did actually put one big clamshell airstone in the new res when i bought it.

i don't know how you can claim auto genes suck, they are all different. just like normal weed. I like the fact that you love the local cali shit, but i've been to amsterdam, and i think they might argue with that statement. IMO there are great genes all over the place. its just a matter of taste. I will continue to try new things, and maybe after i am over my auto idea i will try some dna genetics. I already have autos going for now though, so im sticking to it for now.

I don't have any aversion to mothers, those SC i had this turn were 5th or 6th generation clones. I used to grow DWC with 600w and pull 250 grams from 3 plants. cloning worked great for that, and i think cloning would work great for the wheel too. I just think the autos are cool and i want to build up a nice seed bank for myself.

lookin good homes i hope i get an o from my AG the rhino and speed queen

Back
Top Bottom