J189RFC 400W Hydroton Lyriders + Outdoor

Looks awesome!

-Thanks WRB!

Looking nice a nice recovery here RFC, that cola in your second pic is starting to swell up real nicely there friend

One question, do you not have any heat problems with your hps so close?

-Not as much as you would think. It's a small HPS in a large room with lots of circulation. Plus its right under the ceramic(the closest one) and not much heat pushes that way. Investing in a cool tube soon though cause burns have been a problem before.

Plants look great, I like how you photo shopped a piece of wood over some non sponsor nutes I am guessing

-Hahaha yup, spot on ;)

Very nice, long leggy gals you got there J, good job!
- Thanks! I can't wait till they bulk up and finish up!

Thanks for swinging by guys! If you wanna see the up and coming guys and galls check out the perpetual link in my sig!

Wow! Those are like Jack and the Beanstalk tall. I want to climb up them.

I will take a foot long cola... make mine a double... make mine a 4 footer! :) :rofl:

I wonder how these are going to look after filling out :drool:

:thumb:

>>>Not as much as you would think. It's a small HPS in a large room with lots of circulation. Plus its right under the ceramic(the closest one) and not much heat pushes that way. Investing in a cool tube soon though cause burns have been a problem before.

Oh I see, so are you just pushing the exhaust air out with an intake, or do you have a temp control system you use for your room?
I can swear by those cooltubes (though I have always used one) as I have my plants about a foot and closing to my light and still no signs of stress :thumb:

Scar - These are crazy huge right! I don't think we can call these lowryders anymore! Lets hope they fill out nicely!

AfricanGrower - The air is being circulated from the very bottom all the way to the top and out. There is also a large circular far blowing all day. :) Should be getting mine next month I hope :)

CronicHH - yoyo Happy sativaday to you ! Aren't they just dreamy though!

Seriously how is this even possible under 16/8 photo-period?! How?!

spot on RainStacks.

let me explain, since is started growing ive grown many autos strains, now everyone said grow them under 24-0 to get the biggest plant from autos, so i did and get tiny little plants that yielded very poor, some as long as 7g per plant, now i grew the same plants under 18-6 and yields where much bigger and plants much bigger at harvest,

then i thought what would happen if i grow them under 12-12 from seed to harvest, so i did, again with the same strains that performed very poor under 24-0 and 20-4, my plants went from been under 1ft at harvest under 24-0 to nearly 4ft under 12-12 from seed, my yields went from 7g dry to well over 2oz per plant, now maybe it could be down to pheno types or strains, but i grew the same strains under different light schedules and all strains performed much better when i used 18-6 or below,

ive just harvested a kc45 auto that was over 3ft high, this didnt even reach 1ft under 24-0 or 20-4 and ive grown about 30 of these now as ive produced my own seeds, so this suggests that autos benefit from a dark period.

the same goes with other strains, ive got an auto northern lights growing at the minute that i started under 17-7 and when i flipped my photo plants to 12-12 the auto also went under 12-12, again this plant is huge for an auto and much bigger than any auto ive grown under 24-0 and 20-4.

ive not tried every auto strain out their to see if this works with every auto on the market but from the autos ive grown ive always got poor results under 24-0 and 20-4 but then with the same strain got amazing results using 18-6 or below,

my findings are that the plants dont start flowering as quick, under 24-0 ive had autos start flowering at week 2 from seed, under 12-12 they dont start flowering till gone week 4, also under 17-7 or below ive found that the growth time is extended by 2 to 3 weeks depending on strain, ok so this extends the grow time but id rather have an extra 2 weeks of growth and get over 2oz per auto than finish it quick and end up with just 7g dry per auto.

so they take longer to start flowering, they take longer to reach harvest by anything from 2 to 3 weeks, but the plants end up 3 times the size compared with grown under 24-0.

so at the minute im working on my own autos strains and will run light tests with them, then i can confirm my findings or maybe it will prove im wrong. so far id rather grow autos under 18-6 or even 12-12 from seeed to harvest,

now im thinking this, autos possibly flower due to age in light hours and not age in days, if it was age in days then they would never start flowering or reach harvest under 24-0 as their not getting a dark period so wont know when they are 1 or 2 days old, so this suggests that the flower due to age in light hours and not age in days.

so under 24-0 their maturing quicker and reaching harvest quicker, the kc45 autos ive grown started flowering around week 2 to 3 of growth under 24-0, under 12-12 from seed it was 4 to 5 weeks before any signs of sex or start of flower. so im wondering if they do flower and reach harvest due to age in light hours because under 12-12 they grow longer, they get bigger before starting to flower and are much bigger at harvest.

so i will be running some light schedule tests, ive got around 500 seeds now and working on another auto strain, then i can run tests and compare results along the way, but from my own experience i wont be using 24-0 again, results are poor and they start flowering to early, so the schedules ill be testing are 20-4, 18-6, 16-8 and 12-12, then i can compare plant size and dry weight, but for now id have to say that from the autos ive grown that 18-6 seems to be about the best schedule to use, i would say 12-12 but i dont want everyone using 12-12 and saying i was wrong, but for me 12-12 from seed to harvest has so far produced the biggest yield with all autos ive grown, but until i can fully prove this id say anything around 18-6 is best for autos, if i do find out its 12-12 then ill go with that, but for now id just say autos benefit more from a dark period and results will be much better compared to 24-0 and 20-4

Well at this point DonP I'm tempted to throw them into 22/2 for the next couple weeks till they finish... this is starting to get upsetting.... More time = more chances of things getting worse....

Also photos and harvest!

Turns out the outside lady was a lowryder.... I'm kinda sad I was hoping she was a long lost seed of wonder.... nope :(

50g wet + shake + lots of bugs..... really sad I couldn't get them treated fully but it started getting cold and it was either kill the whole plant trying to get rid of the bugs or let it go and hope for as little damage as possible. On the up side she will make lovely butter/oil or something!

The others are looking good and plump. I want them to hurry up... I swear I'm not impatient but we are nearing 100days....

oct_30-2.jpg
oct_30-1.jpg
oct_30-3.jpg
oct_30-4.jpg
oct_30-5.jpg

years ago I had a bad episode with insects in the summer. I had thrips, spider mites and fruit flies. there are many trees outdoors that harbour these insects and they can come into your home on your clothing. I killed the fruit flies and thrips but was unable to eradicate the spider mites. now I keep a supply of Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad, Monterey All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray, and the Sierra Natural Sciences prizes I won for Member Of The Month June 2013. If you notice any signs of insects leaf damage examine the underside of the leaves and soil for insects. If you discover any signs of insect damage spray with insecticide every 3 days for 2 weeks to kill all of the adults and eggs as they hatch.

https://ozbo.com Monterey Garden Insect Spray

https://ozbo.com/All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray

Sierra Natural Science contributed all of the following items

So just for shits and giggle my last batch of water I used 100% the dosage recommended by nute manufacturer and low and behold some of the lower foliage is looking greener and brighter. I will give another strong shot at the end of the week and see if that helps. Maybe it isn't calcium lockout afterall. Maybe it's just these friggen lowryders being constant jerks >.<;

Got up to making a batch of butter today. I used my trim mostly because I haven't made any edibles in ages. I bake and cook all the time but I get sketched out using "good"/"nice" product...

Oh well tonight I make some tasty treats! Already I like my canna cream. Silky and tasty! Throws off the taste of coffee but GREAT in herbal teas!

I get the same way when trying to make edibles. (key word here is try :rofl:) I have never found a recipe that really has that punch to knock me off my ass. It's either I have a really high tolerance to edibles or my THC extraction skills are utterly lacking! Whatever the case, buddies all get plenty high when they end up sampling the rest of my batches.

I need one of those Butter machines, or some kind of Bubble Hash machine. Something that has the automated capability of producing top-quality product each and every time. It will definitely keep some of my grey hairs from falling out!

Also photos and harvest!

Turns out the outside lady was a lowryder.... I'm kinda sad I was hoping she was a long lost seed of wonder.... nope :(

50g wet + shake + lots of bugs..... really sad I couldn't get them treated fully but it started getting cold and it was either kill the whole plant trying to get rid of the bugs or let it go and hope for as little damage as possible. On the up side she will make lovely butter/oil or something!

The others are looking good and plump. I want them to hurry up... I swear I'm not impatient but we are nearing 100days....

They look almost ready to me! Some natural stress occurring , indications it is maturing. When I closely inspected my trics on mine with magnifier they were either cloudy or clear and very fine , the bud that made full cure (Keep in mind I cut them early) taste like a sweet skunk minus the skunk and had a wonderful lingering after taste , a fresh taste. The buzz is back headed less frontal. I could only imagine how amazing your fully ripened buds will taste! Mine were plastered in seeds but the potency was ok

I like how yours grew , spears of victory! I wonder if mine woulda grown spears if I kept them closer together or maybe we had different pheno? I like how yours do bud all the way up the stick too that is sexy!

Back
Top Bottom