J189RFC 400W Hydroton Lyriders + Outdoor

Hey Don Paul

Always very accurate info! I started feeding again because as you can see there are some deficiencies starting to show in the cal/mag side of things. I also never mentioned that I was worried I wasn't giving them enough P or K. I got some new nutes today and we shall see how the do with these new and improved nutes. I'm also going to start adding some ph down, I have a feeling that my buffering elements are running low as well. I probably won't feed them again for a bit, but I do need to water these everyday or they go limp. And it is so sad and frightening to see them out of water like that.

Also we are well past the 60 day mark at this point, and for feeding them every/every other water(watering daily) seeing so few nute burns is IMO pretty good. I do want to look into highbrix more because that is legit the PERFECT grow.

Thanks again for hangin out Don Paul!

Chronic! keep it hempy ;)

As expected the girls picked right back up and are looking as good as ever! I'm going to whip up a mix of the cal mag and flower for the lady outdoors. Just need to make sure that it doesn't spread too far. I'm keeping everything else as organic as possible!

Mean and green lookin like extreme Ryders bro damn! I hope you get close to records with these :D

I Hope so! I have to break the 94g per plant record here. I can't even count all the bud sites. Shes at least 3-4 feet right now (shes bent over a little) And so many hairs growing everywhere!

So I think I will be starting a new thread to more accurately explain whats growing on. It looks like I will be doing a perpetual auto grow with the occaisional outdoor girl in the summer. Little bit of seed creation etc etc.

With that I will mention SUCCESS! I have viable seed production. I was a little iffy at first because a lot of them didin't seem done. So much diversity in these seeds. Some are not viable and white and tiny. Others are full sized and brown, others are small and striped. But they germ!!! I've got 3/5 popped so far I hope I can get at least 1-2 fems in there. No polyploids yet(muties) which is a little sad, but ok! I've got a couple branches of extra seeds growin on, after that I'll pick 1 branch to let keep growing, produce some fem seeds. I don't want to have to go an cull males outside. It's a pain.

Well that is a lot of updates for a non update day :p so more this weekend.

Wanna shout out to WildRoseBud - You rock, love watchin your lowryders getting big! Wish I could watch your videos though.

DonPaul! Hey man, Loving these seeds, but gotta try and get them more stable. This whole 3-4 phenos is kinda bunk! Think I can (in small batches) seperate the sativa dom, the indica dom and the ruddy dom? Maybe even the polyploidness?

ChronicHempHog - Thanks for hanging out!

RainStack - Always good havin ya!

ScarFinger - Thanks again!

nice, sounds like things are going ok,

so the auto journal is your new journal now, ill come over and get subbed, dont worry about the seeds mate, ive got green seeds that still sprout, ive got tiny little brown seeds that still sprout and ive even got some black seeds that look like stones and they sprout, not sure why but their jet black and look like little stones, i had to look twice to check they wasnt stones.

as long as they sprout they should be ok, but the seeds that dont sprout just give them time, the last cross i did the ken estes gdp cross purple cheese produce regular looking seeds, all a nice brown colour just like anything you would buy, yet none would germ, so i threw them into some compost on the off chance that they would sprout, then 2 or 3 weeks later i noticed seedlings sprouting, so these seeds took 3 weeks and more to sprout, but once sprouted they grow ok and pretty stinky in veg so should be a nice strain,

Oops so I realize it is not skunkday, but updates anyways!

Not much to report, seems to be lacking some N so I added a bit of the old nutes today(heavy in N for flowering nutes) Hope that helps, shes seemed slow this week. Anyways, here are the pics for this week. I'm really happy to report that those seeds are coming up no problem! Got a bunch more in water, getting everything in full swing for the perpetual!

sep30-3.jpg
sep30-2.jpg
sep30-1.jpg

Don - No not quite, i'm going to let this one wrap up and slowly get the other one up to speed. I can't wait to try some new autos, I really want to know how your cheese works out. I'm thinking of doing the auto wonder skunk next, maybe a blue mammoth, something by short stuff seeds for sure. So many wonderful things to try!

cool, theirs to many strains to choose from, so for me i want to produce my own strains that i know produce well and strains that ill enjoy time after time, so ive nearly sorted my big yielding auto so looking for at least 2 to 3oz per auto with that and not far off that now,

the ken estes cross purple cheese auto was never intended to be a new strain but i kept getting males with the gdp so picked the best male to get pollen from then i had the purple cheese auto in flower which was really stinky so crossed them to so i should end up with an auto strain and a none auto gdp cheese, so far ive got 1 auto fem and 1 auto male which ill cross to produce gdp cheese auto seeds then i can work with the pheno types, the same with the regular gdp cheese ive got, but their all ready the stinkiest plants in veg so cant wait to see how they turn out in flower, if im not impressed and dont produce much then ill pull the plug on them and go back to one of the other strains ive crossed, i got lots of strains ive crossed in the past but not got round to growing them out or working with them,

i like autos as you can grow them under any light schedule but its hard to get a big yielding auto so i made that one of my goals and so far so good but theirs just to many to choose from, i know big bang auto is a good yielding auto and should yeild 3oz plus per plant but it all depends if big bang auto you can buy today is the same as big bang auto from 2 years ago, most strains from 5 plus years ago are nothing like the strains you can buy now, plus each breeder does their own take on it so their are many variations and pheno types,

I think I just want something slightly more predictable than this. While it's nice having 2-4 different strong phenos, this was a little crazy. I do like that I will be able to get a fairly nice harvest from these girls, but it's a pain because I wasn't expecting anything near this amount of growth.

Anyways, pictures for now, back later this week!

oct_6-4.jpg
oct_6-3.jpg
oct_6-2.jpg
oct_6-1.jpg

My one female is almost 4 feet tall and bushy as hell I hope the bud sites go nuts like yours! I am not goin for any records myself but who knows right? haha Mine will not count though they are already plastered in seeds ;)

I Hope so! I have to break the 94g per plant record here. I can't even count all the bud sites. Shes at least 3-4 feet right now (shes bent over a little) And so many hairs growing everywhere!

So I think I will be starting a new thread to more accurately explain whats growing on. It looks like I will be doing a perpetual auto grow with the occaisional outdoor girl in the summer. Little bit of seed creation etc etc.

With that I will mention SUCCESS! I have viable seed production. I was a little iffy at first because a lot of them didin't seem done. So much diversity in these seeds. Some are not viable and white and tiny. Others are full sized and brown, others are small and striped. But they germ!!! I've got 3/5 popped so far I hope I can get at least 1-2 fems in there. No polyploids yet(muties) which is a little sad, but ok! I've got a couple branches of extra seeds growin on, after that I'll pick 1 branch to let keep growing, produce some fem seeds. I don't want to have to go an cull males outside. It's a pain.

Well that is a lot of updates for a non update day :p so more this weekend.

Wanna shout out to WildRoseBud - You rock, love watchin your lowryders getting big! Wish I could watch your videos though.

DonPaul! Hey man, Loving these seeds, but gotta try and get them more stable. This whole 3-4 phenos is kinda bunk! Think I can (in small batches) seperate the sativa dom, the indica dom and the ruddy dom? Maybe even the polyploidness?

ChronicHempHog - Thanks for hanging out!

RainStack - Always good havin ya!

ScarFinger - Thanks again!

You can't see my videos bro? I can pm links to them then you got permissions :)

Nah, its the connection. It's not that good over here. Get 2 seconds worth of video, buffer for a minute.... not great. I miss the old University computer lab minus the restrictions.

Updates in a couple days! May or may not have something cut down by then!

Hey buddy, plants are looking awesome. I really liked the last round of pics as well. You really seem to capture that the natural greens. It sounds like you will get a really nice yield too. I am really intrigued by the autos, it seems like a really fun thing to grow. I wonder how a winter crop would do in a small greenhouse. I may be moving in the next few months, but hopefully I land in a good situation.

Keep up the solid work :thumb:

Hey guys, thanks for popping in. Sadly they are not developing very quickly at all :( they seem to keep growing taller, but not much in terms of bud production.... I'm not actually sure whats going on, I might try reducing the light cycle a little see if that help. The pistils are starting to brown and curl up mind you so maybe this will be the week of bud production. Starting to see some trichomes, but nothing overly exciting. I think in the future I will avoid pollination of the pre flower sites (inter-nodal pistils) and only seed in bud. Next round will hopefully be a smoother ride.

Well you know what they say, it's like riding a bike. You always forget how much it hurts to fall off! I should have been more humble coming into this. With all the time and money invested in this first round and having little to show for it other than a TON of seeds I will really appreciate a nice harvest soon. Oh well, onwards into the wonder closet!

Updates later tonight, or tomorrow :) thanks all!

Oh and Rainstack, thank you for the photo compliment :) Sometimes I feel like I may be trying to hard to get "amazing" photos, but it's really important to me to have publishing quality photos. I snap about 30-40 per week of the ladies and only ever publish about 3-5.

Maybe I should make a thread in bud pictures : How To Take Awesome Photos With Very Little Photo Equipment. Anyone interested?

Back
Top Bottom