J189RFC 400W Hydroton Lyriders + Outdoor

if you go the the first lot of pics on this page and look at the 5th pic down, it looks to me like the seed pods have got seeds in them.

if you look at the 5th pic from the top and look at the leaf thats in the middle of the pic but at the bottom of the pic, well if you follow that up to where it disapears into the plant then it looks to me like a seed pod slightly spilt open with a green seed inside it, also the top of the bud in that 5th pic down also looks like it has seed pods with seeds inside it,
i could be wrong but it looks like a green seed to me, you can check this by touching the calyx or seed pod, if their hard then their is seeds inside, if their is no seeds inside then they will just squash, so either try giving them a gently squash where i said the seeds are or use something to give them a poke with, if their hard then their will be seeds inside and if this is the case then you either got a male releasing pollen or a hermie,

if they are seeds id say the seeds look like their not far from been ready, so around 3 weeks old, so double check their not seeds, its the 5th pic down from the top of page 4, look at the leaf in the bottom of the pic but right in the middle, if you follow that blade of the leaf up to the plant then you can see a seed pod with what looks like a seed inside it, when the seeds get bigger the pot splits open and you see the green seed, then a week or 2 later it turns brown and either falls out or stays in until the buds have dried,

but id double check in case you got a hermie or a male somewhere, you dont want the whole room turning to seed, plus if them are seeds then it is possible that their will be a lot more seeds on and in that plant,

Hey Don! Congrats again on winning Member of the month! Yup, I need to sprinkle the ladies again with some of that triployd male. For some weird reason the ladies are just starting to get hairy. I was never expecting them to get this big. Yup lots of seeds, I'm not sure if I want to try using the tiny gals seeds, but I am convinced she was this quick and this small because of stress and pot size.

I have this funny theory about autos and rootboundness. I think that the LR#1's are more forced into flowering by rootbouness, but oh well. I am posting a question in the genetic forum today I want to hear some discussion on triployd genes and sex dependance.

I want to get lots of seeds and a fair bit of bud out of this. The seeds are about 1 week away from full maturity. The ones that I've pulled so far went white right quick. This last one that fell of is an almost brown.

Once I pull these girls down i will start a proper journal, with proper spelling, and an adequate description of what is actually growing on!

thanks, im so chuffed to of won

i have my own theory on autos and hopefully ill get it sorted out once ive got the seeds im producing, i just pollenated a kc45 female with pollen from a kc45 auto male so will be getting lots of kc45 auto seeds, ive got an auto bubble and auto northern lights im also turning to seed so i can run with my theory and see if it pans out into anything.

so im also in the middle of producing lots of seeds, ive got a few people growing some of my seeds at the minute, some good friends so i can see how they grow in different growing conditions, hopefully in the end ill produce my own gdp cheese auto and none auto, and a big yielding auto but got a few crosses to go before i get their but im at the first stage, ive got a gdp cheese growing so i just need to pick pheno types and see how it produces, if it produces well after just the first cross then i wont mess about with it but it all depends on results and how it smokes,

i keep planting new strains though and it slows me down as i get side tracked all the time with all these new strains i keep coming across,

Hi J, I just read through your journal. Very good read, and your plants look great. Plus reps for your triploid! I have one in my grow too! Well one branch anyway!
942013_008.jpg

One thing I did not see mentioned - if you have downturned tips or yellowing on tips this can be nute burn or overferting. It may be too much N, but I am not sure. This is usually accompanied by a very dark green too. I experienced this myself, but it seemed to have worked out when I altered my feeding regiment slightly.

Heya Don, I'm pretty excited about some of the new strains coming out. And as much as I would love to play with some really REALLY nice strong resiny hashy calm but get stuff done, but sadly the only time I can try is in the summer when I can get outdoors. Even then, I don't really like it. I've got (hopefully) a half dozen + seeds coming off the girl outside right now. some of the triploid LR genes. Only problem is that shes a bagseed. :( . What am I gonna call the kids? Bag Ryders? Ride alongs? Oh well, some fun stuff to throw into the grab bag!

Rainstack, thanks for swinging by. Loving the triploid. I'm thinking she could use some N and some Magnesium. Not too sure though. We should get a forum started for just crazy amazing muties and genetic rareties! I don't know about you but I think I'm a little obsessed.

Merry Mid Week!

i wouldnt worry about the bag seed, was the bud it came from a nice smoke, if it was then chances are its a very nice strain, someone chose to grow it so clearly it must of been a strain someone bought and grew, but even if it was not a nice smoke then this dont mean you will get the same results, you might find the grower had problems and ended up with a hermie plant, so you may end up with very nice results,

thats the best part i find about bag seed, can you produce better then the bud it came from,

It's not even that Don and to be fair, I don't remember. I happened upon these seeds agian just recently. 1 out 6 popped. So ya they were pretty old and viability was way down. But it turned out female so :D

Skeet, updates are sat usually so keep an eye out. I'm expecting like 1- 1 1/2 oz per. So many branches! Thanks for joining us :D

I like the muties too! I heard from a close friend that a mutation is just as likely to be helpful to the plant as it is to be harmful. I think that the reason that the Duck'sfoot I am growing did not become more popular is because the yields were very low. It would be the perfect plant to grow outside otherwise, it doesn't even look like cannabis to an untrained eye (until it flowers ha ha). What is it exactly that makes you think it has the deficiency exactly? Do you think the leaves should be waxier or more upright at this level of maturity?

It has so much promise back in the day. Everyone was clamoring for ducksfoot or for lowryder to try n their balcony, in their yard, etc etc. But it was perfectly timed, the take down of the old OG forums seemed to match a decline in cannabis conversations. Everyone was scared. No one could get ducksfoot or LR anymore and from what I know , a lot of people flat out stopped growing. Causing a huge spiked in gangs and shitty weed. But sometime a couple years back people started talking again (about the same time actually as the first round of occupy and with all the political unrest I think it made it easy for us greenies to sneak under the radar and really get our feet stuck in the ground. We are making head way, but is it at the expense of what we should really be fighting for? Is this part of the bigger picture fight? Are we being allowed to win just so we can get shutdown again, or is it worse, are we being allowed to win, just so that the rest of the world can lose?

I could talk politics for ever and well we are here to talk pot! haha. It might just be the strain, but it looks a little lighter, more yellow hue, than I usually like em, plus again the purple. Like I said, the mag salt is super water soluble and nearly impossible to burn a plant with and a pinch goes a long way. I also know that if a plant isn't optimal it probably wont produce as much. I have also found that plants have a HUGE threshold of how much nutrients they can handle meaning that the low end (def) and the high end (burn) are super far apart and are very small compared to the threshold for doing well. like so _(def)-----------------------------------Norm---------------------------(burn)_

In nature they have so many factors that they have to combat and they still survive, so I live on the edge of burn all the time, instead of riding the edge of def.... Am I making any sense or should I go smoke another bowl first? I should really start making some graphs and some info packages. So many plans, so little buds... what is a boy to do....

UPDATES COMING UP SOON!!!! SO EXCITED!

No really, you guys are gonna flip your fking shit what you see these gd bud monsters. I swear if these gals dont pull a qp... Ummmm I'll smoke it all before the next batch hhahahaha. Anyways happy THCursday all!

nope, sounds like perfect sense to me, its why growers use ec and ppm meters, they want to push the plants as much as they can, in soil its not as easy as we cant measure as much so we have to go by how the plants look, give them more and back off when they show sings of it causing harm, with hydro you can keep the ppms at the max for the whole grow knowing the plants are getting what they want, its also why hydro and dwc grow a lot quicker, which i found out for myself with the small 2ltr dwc's i grow,

but ive also been told we give these plants way to much nutrients, products designed for these plants are ok for these plants, but if you buy fruit and veg nutes you will burn them very easy, so you need to use a lot less amount compared with regular edible fruit and veg

Well folks, it's that time of the week. Skunday! Time for an update! I swear these girls are out performing even my wildest ideas about this strain. Drinking a gal each a day, taking in all the nutes, seeds that are 3 weeks in and sooooo close to being done. All in all this has been and I'm hoping will be a great grow.

This week the tiny gal is getting picked :( and only 2-3 weeks for the others... I hope...
sep_8th-6.jpg
sep_8th-5.jpg
sep_8th-4.jpg
sep_8th-3.jpg
sep_8th-1.jpg

It has so much promise back in the day. Everyone was clamoring for ducksfoot or for lowryder to try n their balcony, in their yard, etc etc. But it was perfectly timed, the take down of the old OG forums seemed to match a decline in cannabis conversations. Everyone was scared. No one could get ducksfoot or LR anymore and from what I know , a lot of people flat out stopped growing. Causing a huge spiked in gangs and shitty weed. But sometime a couple years back people started talking again (about the same time actually as the first round of occupy and with all the political unrest I think it made it easy for us greenies to sneak under the radar and really get our feet stuck in the ground. We are making head way, but is it at the expense of what we should really be fighting for? Is this part of the bigger picture fight? Are we being allowed to win just so we can get shutdown again, or is it worse, are we being allowed to win, just so that the rest of the world can lose?

I could talk politics for ever and well we are here to talk pot! haha. It might just be the strain, but it looks a little lighter, more yellow hue, than I usually like em, plus again the purple. Like I said, the mag salt is super water soluble and nearly impossible to burn a plant with and a pinch goes a long way. I also know that if a plant isn't optimal it probably wont produce as much. I have also found that plants have a HUGE threshold of how much nutrients they can handle meaning that the low end (def) and the high end (burn) are super far apart and are very small compared to the threshold for doing well. like so _(def)-----------------------------------Norm---------------------------(burn)_

In nature they have so many factors that they have to combat and they still survive, so I live on the edge of burn all the time, instead of riding the edge of def.... Am I making any sense or should I go smoke another bowl first? I should really start making some graphs and some info packages. So many plans, so little buds... what is a boy to do....

UPDATES COMING UP SOON!!!! SO EXCITED!

No really, you guys are gonna flip your fking shit what you see these gd bud monsters. I swear if these gals dont pull a qp... Ummmm I'll smoke it all before the next batch hhahahaha. Anyways happy THCursday all!

HI J, and a happy Skunkday to you buddy! Thank you so so much for your thoughtful response. So cool to find out all that history! I had no idea. I did some more reading about the duck and found there are sevearal phenos, and I found out they had a bunch in hawaii, so this supports the theory that my plants are blue HawaiinXDucksfoot. I also found that they are heavy yielders and slow growers. I did also read that they are not particularly potent (which I happen to like). I agree with your theory about nutrients, we certainly do want to approach that razors edge to get the best results. The part I am skeptical of is that there is a big disparity between def and excess. I am sure that this can vary greatly from strain to strain of course. I have not found this to be the case in my experience of gardening, but alas I am a novice :) I have noticed that although my plants all came from the same batch of seeds, some are more sensitive to nutrients than others. A few days ago I added a few things to their feed. All the plants less one took it very well. The one plant had its leaves curl down in the classic claw look within 12 hours. I am sure the plant will be fine, but we shall see.

When I look at the last three pics you posted, although color and growth look very lush and green. I have to be honest with you and say that to me they look like they are either overwatered and/or have too much N. My plants looked very very similar earlier in my grow and this is the only reason I think this. That claw look is what makes it look so similar. There is actually a recent response in my journal by DocBud, one of the staff writers here. He is among those that enlightened me. I hope this is helpful to you. Please feel free to post your pictures in my journal if you like if you want any second opinions.

:thumb:

i have to agree some what, @j189 the 2 top pics suggest the temps may be a tad to high for that strain as the edges of the leaves are just starting to cup up so either its not getting the fan blowing on it enough or its just getting slightly to high temps for that strain,
the bottom 3 pics again i have to kind of agree with, it looks kind of like you have a tiny amount of clawing going on, its nothing major but might be worth backing off the nutrients a few ml just to see how the plant recovers, your not to far past where you need to be by the looks of it but it does look like high N dose or as rainstack has mentioned it could be over watered.

so keep an eye on how heavy the pots are, these plants need oxygen as much as they need water at the roots, to much water causes the roots to rot and die and then it cant support the plant so it gives you what look like wilted leaves, it ends up looking similar to an under watered plant as both give pretty similar results, but under watered plants perk right up within an hour or 2 of watering, the edges of the leaves also slightly look like temps may be a tad to high, not a lot to high just a small bit to high as you dont have much cupping going on on that plant,

so id check the temps and adjust if needed and try backing off on the nutrients a few ml each time you feed or cheak how heavy the pot is and see if its drying out enough between waterings, over watering is very easy to do as its hard to judge how moist the soil is lower down,

Hey guys, ya your totally right about the temperatures. I was going to mention it in the post but forgot haha! I've run out of room and tonight right after the light goes off I'm going to let it cool down for 5-10 minutes and give them some more space. Like I said, I never expected them to get this tall. Always learning something from these ladies aren't we?

I also grabbed a seed from one of the branches and sure enough shes brown and steaky! So I put her in some paper towel :D More updates next week!

In the past 2 years I had like 8 different grow rooms I had to trouble shoot my azz off to climatize all them rooms and never did I ever manage to perfect it. I got a floor fan and I have a triple filter dual hepa/charcoal/Ionizer up high to help me push the hot air out at the moment the only way I can keep temps in my safe zones is to burp the room every couple hours. It really is a pain in the azz like I said but it keeps the girls alive... To think all I need is a stupid 5,000 btu airconditioner with a heat exchange ><.... Now back to looking for a used one on Kijiji lol....... <3 and best of luck! Girls look fantastic , hope mini tated yum yum eh!

:D Thanks for the encouragement WRB! When I was first getting started i remember doing some fantastical things to "make it work" I had a dresser that I had converter that the door would have to stay open a crack all day. 1'x4'x6' So small for huge bulbs! Now though I've got it maxed out I'm hung onto the hanger beam in there and moved the ballast around. Next step is to clean it out completely and probably build 2 little boxex. For now I'm not sure so I wait ;)

Keeping a close eye on that tiny gal for now, she looks pretty 100% milky, I don't want much amber at all from her. I might post an extra round of photos when I cut her down,

:D Thanks for the encouragement WRB! When I was first getting started i remember doing some fantastical things to "make it work" I had a dresser that I had converter that the door would have to stay open a crack all day. 1'x4'x6' So small for huge bulbs! Now though I've got it maxed out I'm hung onto the hanger beam in there and moved the ballast around. Next step is to clean it out completely and probably build 2 little boxex. For now I'm not sure so I wait ;)

Keeping a close eye on that tiny gal for now, she looks pretty 100% milky, I don't want much amber at all from her. I might post an extra round of photos when I cut her down,
Haha I like smokinem green with clear trics >< works awesome for head buzz n when I am low on sagrits ;) Next time I finish a sensi plant I will let it go the whole 9 yards though , but not for breeders , clear tric pls since they gonna be a lil less potent I mean. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom