J189RFC 400W Hydroton Lyriders + Outdoor

Hey guys, thanks for popping in. Sadly they are not developing very quickly at all :( they seem to keep growing taller, but not much in terms of bud production.... I'm not actually sure whats going on, I might try reducing the light cycle a little see if that help. The pistils are starting to brown and curl up mind you so maybe this will be the week of bud production. Starting to see some trichomes, but nothing overly exciting. I think in the future I will avoid pollination of the pre flower sites (inter-nodal pistils) and only seed in bud. Next round will hopefully be a smoother ride.

Well you know what they say, it's like riding a bike. You always forget how much it hurts to fall off! I should have been more humble coming into this. With all the time and money invested in this first round and having little to show for it other than a TON of seeds I will really appreciate a nice harvest soon. Oh well, onwards into the wonder closet!

Updates later tonight, or tomorrow :) thanks all!
I can tell this strain waits for the last minute to balloon so just wait it out for a couple weeks to see what they do. I can also tell your buds are just starting to swell and by structure they should sorta grow in to each other before they mature. You look very close to that , one morning after a week or so you will check on them and find they doubled in size lol.... We are both fighting the same issue atm , we stare at the buds more often now that we got something to look at and it makes times seem to go slower lmfao we both got it bad! Perfectly normal for us canna farmers ;) that is why a lot of us end up growing a large amount of plants down the road , so if we dip our hand in the cookie tray while they still hot there are plenty to cool off still lmao where do I come up with this bs? Fingers just start flying n typing random thoughts :oops::blunt: I wonder why?

I had to check your journal out after the reps you threw my way. After catching up on all nine pages, I must say there is a lot of information being tossed around here between you and Don and Wild! +reps for broadening topics I further wanted to explore myself ;)

I am subbed for the rest of this, and to answer your initial question RFC, that is a picture of Bob in the background; it's the top graphic on my grinder :bong:

Oh and Rainstack, thank you for the photo compliment :) Sometimes I feel like I may be trying to hard to get "amazing" photos, but it's really important to me to have publishing quality photos. I snap about 30-40 per week of the ladies and only ever publish about 3-5.

Maybe I should make a thread in bud pictures : How To Take Awesome Photos With Very Little Photo Equipment. Anyone interested?

I would definitely want to check out a photo help thread. I could use some help for sure :) :thanks:
I don't know why but it seems like my flowers grow in spurts, so don't be discouraged if they seem to slow down. I remember watching an old Jorge Cervantes yewtube vid and he was talking about a sesimilla crop being caused by a lack of fertilization. It seemed he was saying that the flowers will grow more if they go unfertilized. I am just going off of my memory of his video several months ago, so don't hold me to it ;)

if you look in my signature below their is a plant accident and emergency room, that does have plenty of pics and plants that have some kind if problem or another, its not a post i created but added it to my sig as its got plenty of info on defficiencies so might be of some use to someone at some point

From what I can put together it's lockout. It's time to start looking at an RO system. For the meantime I'm finding a way to get some bottled water in quantities. For the moment I will have to flush heavily tomorrow. Here are some pics! Already working on a how to pictorial! I'll start posting when Its developed enough. Thanks for the reps and the link!

oct_13-6.jpg
oct_13-4.jpg
oct_13-3.jpg
oct_13-2.jpg
oct_13-5.jpg
oct_13-1.jpg

That is a good example of lockout... They look like they are close to finishing though , maybe after a flush or dry the medium to almost bone dry before you flush might help?

Yup, since feeding is almost every 24h I'll wait till lights off, smoke a fat bowl and then drown the bitch. Whats really really weird is that this girl has her own pot, and drainage. She shows the heaviest signs of lock out. The other two are both in the same bucket if you all remember, with no drainage, and they show almost no signs of lockout. But I do agree WRB, they are starting to look slightly more swollen :) finally hahahahaha!

Yup, since feeding is almost every 24h I'll wait till lights off, smoke a fat bowl and then drown the bitch. Whats really really weird is that this girl has her own pot, and drainage. She shows the heaviest signs of lock out. The other two are both in the same bucket if you all remember, with no drainage, and they show almost no signs of lockout. But I do agree WRB, they are starting to look slightly more swollen :) finally hahahahaha!

No drainage and they are fairing better than the draining pot eh? That is very interesting and good to know! Sounds like yers are gonna start busting a move soon this pleases me J happy for you! How old are your girls anyways? Been meaning to ask... My room was a oven this morning so I moved the girls to my room.

I got tons of pics to garnish my journal with , just stuff to look at.. They had a bit of lock out themselves past day or so ago but dried out perfectly and will be watered tonight. I have to admit I got a ton of bud on them and the buds are becoming smokable now it truly is a 60+ day strain isn't it? Day 60 Today. I think depending on how well we trigger their metabolism during flower transition effects the output of the buds. Almost all the seed pods are bursting open , some of the seeds look much larger than the seeds I purchased. My shortest plant has a 6+ inch bud for a cola almost inches around. I could harvest them pretty much anytime I wanna give it a couple weeks though , lets test my patience ;) As I mention before , I love green immature bud something about it kills pain and reduces my inflammations for that primo stuff , great to keep around for those rough days where I seize up.... I will do my best to wait it out though I wanna ensure these seeds that are mature enough.... If anyone see the pics where seeds are evident please lemme know if you think they are ready enough , this strain has goofy looking seeds as I mentioned near the beginning of the journal in fact I think I said they looked "Bunky" but they sure worked great!

flushing can cause more problems to be honest, what happens is if the plant is over watered then this is what causes the lockout, the roots stop taking in the nutrients as they are suffering due to been over watered, so flushing can make the problem much worse and it will only get better once the medium has totally dried out,

so its a tough call to make, do you flush and risk making it worse or do you let it totally dry out and see if the problem gets better, even when you let the medium dry out it can be another 2 weeks before the roots have recovered and are able to take in the nutrients again, so its a difficult decision to make as one will make it worse, which one is hard to know, if you think the plants been over watered and the soil not drying out properly before you water again then it could just be that the roots at the bottom of the pot are not taking in the nutrients, or if you have not been giving to much water or if the soil has been drying out properly then flushing maybe the best option.

when i had the problem flushing did not solve the problem, i flushed and it kept getting worse, i was close to harvest and when the medium dried out the plant started to recover but was to close to harvest so i lost about 3oz of bud because it just never recovered enough before it finally gave up on life, so for me i would of been better letting the pot totally dry out and foliar feed until the plant had recovered.

ill keep my fingers crossed you pick the right option and the plant recovers, foliar feeding is a good option but ive not tried it so cant comment on the doses you would need to give, i know my sns bloom ehancer says use 1/4 strength to foliar feed, so regular feed is 28ml per gallon and foliar feed is 7ml per gallon,

speak with miwa as he foliar feeds his plants when he has problems and he might give you some good advice on whats best to do, i just know i made mine a lot worse by flushing as the problem was caused by the soil not drying out properly between waterings due to the shape of the pot i was using, the bottom 1/4 of the soil was staying wet and the top would dry, so id water and this caused the roots to die and that gave me the lockout, so no matter how much i fed it it wouldnt recover then flushing just killed the plant.

have you checked the plant problem guides and see what they suggest, theirs one below in my singnature with pics that may help,

WoW! The flush helped so much! Just since yesterday I've noticed surprising amount of growth! Talking about growth I totally missed one of your questions WRB - from the ground to the top if they weren't bent over- 5 feet.... These girls are just way to big I have no more room left for the light! Cool tube is coming up though, I hate burning plants ;)

Old! How old are the girls, not how tall... Wow some one over here has been smoking the killer kush! They are just about 90days from seed at this point. The seed bank says 80 days for this strain, and the tiny gal shoulda been harvested probably a week later... Oh well. We will see....... 120 day wonders!

Old! How old are the girls, not how tall... Wow some one over here has been smoking the killer kush! They are just about 90days from seed at this point. The seed bank says 80 days for this strain, and the tiny gal shoulda been harvested probably a week later... Oh well. We will see....... 120 day wonders!

I worked with a few autos some ruderalis some other strains that had some ruderalis mix and some timed auto non ruderalis. They all seem to be roughly 80-120 days.

Early Wonder Skunk a ruderalis cross was about 100 days , Highland Skunk non ruderalis cross was about 100 days and both strains were grown side by side. The Early wonder skunk produced less than Highland did but they both were strong and showed sex same times. This one is the fastest so far , just over 60 days at 20 days it started changing hormones it was neat , one almost 5 feet tall all have decent amount of buds and they are mature enough to smoke now for pain relief and anti-inflammation. The largest bud is about 8 inches long on the smallest plant. The others are popcorn buds. They will continue to slowly swell , the tall one fox tails a bit after the seeds started to expand in the heads not much just a little. Some hairs are turning light brown and the buds smell of lemon grass kinda but very faint. I can tell the buds could get pretty big if I hold off I guess I will see! I stopped being too picky about burns at this point sort of letting them go and gonna stressem out a bit soon to see if it ripens them faster ;)

Could you take a picture of your plants from a distance , I would love to see full body shots of them :) Did you get the seeds from VSB , the Great White North LowRyder?

Hey buddy worried bout ya , you still growin?

Oh this crazy week is just beginning! Haha and it hasn't even been that long, just a couple days! Just getting an upload ready for ya guys and gals.

Not much to report. The big one is still not recovering, but she isn't looking that bad yet, going to let her finish with as much grace as possible ;)

Here is a big photo of all of em for ya WRB. On my way over to your thread right now!
oct_20-4.jpg
oct_20-3.jpg
oct_20-2.jpg
oct_20-1.jpg

Top one measures at 55inches. 47from the stalk.

Back
Top Bottom