Mini Green House Grow

Re: setting sun's mini-greenhouse grow

Way to go sun
Guess I had an OMM moment, I though you had harvested one before.:smokin:

That aside, Man those look wonderful. Nice haul.:cheer::cheer:
Looks like it'll be great smoke.
Like everyone else, can't wait to see the numbers:grinjoint:

Congrats my friend:ganjamon:

nope, no OMM moment, I did harvest one earlier, see below for full details.

thank you my friend ;)

Sweet deal SS! I'm gonna say about 4 -5 ounces;)
Great trimming job, as well.

Is that all plants?

I'm a little late, but congrats on MOM, now everyone knows why I nominate you every month!;)

that's all of them. I almost forgot to include the sativa pheno that I harvested a few days earlier, but it's the cola on the left out of those three on top. I kept adjusting that main cola to the same level as the rest of the leaders and it didn't grow as large, but the secondary buds made up for it.

The buds that have a more brownish color are the sativa pheno.

thanks again for the nomination andy, your companionship and advice throughout this grow have both been much appreciated ;)

very nice SS. i would be slightly more conservative than andy thinking a solid 3 oz here, after they do their shrinkage thing.

anyways it was a long journey, hope you found it worthwhile, i know you learned a lot from this.

cant wait to see them dry buddy, smoke report, etc.

ditto on the MOM congrats as well.

I have the advantage of having grown this strain before, and I think andy may be closer, even after drying/shrinkage.

My last harvest was 7 plants at 2.6 oz. This one is 3 plants and I think it's going to be close to doubling the 2.6. The buds are really dense, like on the last harvest, and by eyeball I'd estimate I have twice as much bud on this grow from less than half the plants as the last one.

thanks brother wheelo!

Very nice trimming job! You could frame those... and in case of emergency, break glass... ;)

lol, the triming was sativa-fueled OCD baby!

thanks OBX!

Congratz on ur MOM and ur grow. Those buds look tasteful.

thanks brother!

My 1st grow[/QUOTE]

Wow! Well done bro!

About when we hear your smoke report, I'll be harvesting mine.

thanks doc, looking forward to seeing your harvest!

Ditto the Well done Bro!

STG

thanks STG, I appreciate your friendship ;)

This is a couple of pics to compare my previous harvest with this one:

IMG_1779_Medium.JPG

this was previous harvest of 7 plants (one plant missing from pic but included in final weight), and the yield was 2.6 oz.

IMG_3376_800x600_.jpg

this is my current harvest, 3 plants.

Hey bro,

Your grow skills have improved.....very nice!

Care to share your dry and cure methods?

I'm doing things differently with these buds than last time.

What I used to do was to chop, remove all the large fan leaves, and hang the buds upside down inside my cab with a 4" duct fan going as exhaust to prevent mold and speed up the drying. When the stems became dry enough to snap, I'd trim them, jar them, and open the jars once or twice a day for 15-30 minutes. After two weeks of that, they still had a lot of chlorophyll and smelled and tasted green. That method worked, but it took about a month before the buds even began to taste decent. At three months now, they taste smooth and spicy :Rasta:.

But anyways, lol, I'm not doing that anymore. Takes too long. Sometimes there's no substitute for time, but I'm not sure this is one of them as far as drying/early cure.

I noticed in the past (and in this grow) that when I harvest plants and put the leaf trim into the open lid of a cardboard copy paper box, it dries *quick*.

The cardboard works like a huge dessicant and draws the moisture out fast, and maybe too fast in the open cardboard lid for the buds to develop good flavor, so on this grow I chopped, trimmed, and put the buds inside the copy paper box with the lid on to keep it dark.

Even with the lid on, the cardboard box, with no holes for ventilation, is drying my buds much faster than hanging them in my cab with an exhaust fan, and the chlorophyll seems to be dissipating much faster too. These buds are already starting to smell good.

I'm not crowding the box, because unfortunately I don't have enough buds to do that, but if I did, I wouldn't, lol. I'm baked.

I'm opening the box up a couple times a day to check on things, and the buds just keep getting drier and smelling better every day. I could always leave the lid cracked if they were smelling funny or not drying fast enough, but that's hasn't been an issue, at least in my climate.

If I wanted to ventilate the box, I could easily add a pc fan and intake hole, but the buds seem to be drying and curing at a nice rate now, so I don't see a need to complicate things.

Not sure when I'm going to jar them to finish the cure, but probably pretty soon.

If you want to try it, I think you might need two cardboard boxes from the looks of your journal ;).

Does this mean the LED competition will begin shortly?

I can answer that for you, don't think SS would mind.
He is working hard as he can to get everything set up and ready to go.
He wants to make sure everything is set and he's making some mods.
Hope this helps. He'll start very very soon.

Back
Top Bottom