Lowryder Grow

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

Thanks bro!

Here's a little something I found on White Russian. You may have already read it.

"White Russian is a favourite strain of growers around the world so it made perfect sense to give it the auto flowering treatment. One of the last of our original strains created with the original Lowryder to be released, Auto White Russian is an auto flowering cross of a Serious Seeds White Russian female with an original Lowryder. Like the Serious mother, the Auto White Russian will frost up most during the last few weeks of its life and 48 hours of darkness just prior to harvest will maximise this. One of our easiest strains to grow, she likes to be started from seed, directly into 5litre containers and will not punish you for a certain degree of neglect but don't allow the growing medium to dry out too much. Reliably flowering from 14 days old she regularly grows up to 14" tall, sometimes slightly more with a good central cola and medium branching supporting good frosty nuggets. The smoke can be slightly rough around the edges but that is a common observation with all of the white strains, the potency makes up for this and would be described as a balanced, all-day smoke."

Genetics: White Russian x Lowryder
Variety: Mostly sativa/Indica/Ruderalis
Type: Hybrid
Harvest Date: 10 weeks from seed
Height: 10 - 16 inches
THC Content: Med
Characteristics: Potent, frosty auto-flowering strain.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What's not to like? ;)

Easy to grow is good, because there are some AF strains out now that aren't.

Note also that they recommend starting from seed directly into the container they will finish in, and they recommend 5 liter pots. I think 5 liter/2gallon pots are really the smallest you can go and still expect AF plants to approach their potential.

With hydro, I wouldn't sprout them in cubes separately from the net pots.

regards,

SS

Sounds like a plan to me brother. I read where the THC content of WR is around 21% +. Like you said...what's not to like ?
I'm looking on our sponser sites for seeds that match what I want today.

Thanks for your input...stay cool. :thanks:

Peace, harmony, and big buds to you...:peace:

All right, this grow is a wrap.

I checked the buds last night and the stems snapped nicely. Buds need to cure longer but are dry enough to weigh.

Dew
IMG_1635_Medium.JPG

The Four Musketeers
I didn't record their weights individually because all four weighed essentially the same.
IMG_1823_Medium.JPG

Trippy
IMG_1826_Medium.JPG

T.C.
IMG_1830_Medium.JPG

Total weight: 2.6 oz

IMG_1852_Medium.JPG

IMG_1864_Medium.JPG

IMG_1891_Medium.JPG

Remember the two lower buds I pollinated on T.C. with my six-month old pollen?

IMG_1915_Medium.JPG

T.C. LIVES!!! (to be continued)
IMG_1932_Medium.JPG

A big :thanks: to all my friends here at 420Magazine!

IMG_1734_Medium.JPG

and how beautiful it is, the sun that sets on this your second grow, oww! tryna get my Gator on!, in all seriousness, i'mvery happy for you brother, growing and smoking you own medicine, and some damn fine herb at that, congratulations on your harvest! +rep if i can:Rasta:

Yes!! X2 I love how maroon those hairs are getting. Thats the first time i've seen the result of pollinating two popcorn buds that way. That's a great alternative to cloning to keep a favorite strain alive while still getting mostly seed free buds.

all I gotta say is.... DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK!

Thanks man!

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

Thankyou, Setting Sun

It's been a gas, Propa Gator:smokin:

and how beautiful it is, the sun that sets on this your second grow, oww! tryna get my Gator on!, in all seriousness, i'mvery happy for you brother, growing and smoking you own medicine, and some damn fine herb at that, congratulations on your harvest! +rep if i can:Rasta:

I tried to get my Gator on for about five minutes and then realized that Gator is pretty much a one-off;) Thanks for your kind words and encouragement through this grow Pericodaking!

those buds look really nice, and i love the bountiful amount of hairs:)

Thanks bro!

Yes!! X2 I love how maroon those hairs are getting. Thats the first time i've seen the result of pollinating two popcorn buds that way. That's a great alternative to cloning to keep a favorite strain alive while still getting mostly seed free buds.

This is the first time I've done it. One thing to keep in mind is to pollinate the lower buds early in flowering so that your decision as to when to harvest is driven by the buds and not the maturity of the seeds.

Also, even after reading at least twice about turning off the fans before going near the plants with pollen, here I go up to my tent, fat, dumb, and happy with my little vial and q-tip. I remembered at the last second. Next time, the vial stays in the refrigerator and I take just the q-tip.

Thanks for your friendship, help and encouragement CharlieMopps!

Super job! Great harvest and seeds to boot well done ...will be looking for next!
:nicethread:

Thanks brother!

Hope to get my next grow on sometime this coming week;)

Setting Sun, read your thread from beginning to end bro. Have an Autoflower grow in progress also. AK47 x Hindu Kush and Auto Blueberry. Also growing some feminised Medical 1024, Strawberrie Blue, and a Moby Dick. Appreciate your journal bro, lots of useful info we can apply to our own grow. Thanks and + reps if I can. Enjoy your well deserved harvest bro.

Setting Sun, read your thread from beginning to end bro. Have an Autoflower grow in progress also. AK47 x Hindu Kush and Auto Blueberry. Also growing some feminised Medical 1024, Strawberrie Blue, and a Moby Dick. Appreciate your journal bro, lots of useful info we can apply to our own grow. Thanks and + reps if I can. Enjoy your well deserved harvest bro.

Thank you, GMT!

It does take some work and dedication to document one of these grows online, but what makes it worthwhile is reading comments like yours.

I lurked here for a pretty good while absorbing info provided freely by other growers, and it's great to be able to give even a little bit back to this community.

Your strains sound delicious:grinjoint:

I've figured out how I'm going to satisfy both our medical needs and my curiosity and need to experiment in my next grow.

I'm going to do a conventional soil grow (applying what I've learned on this grow) in my grow tent (strain not yet decided) and to satisfy my mad scientist jones, something a bit more experimental in my cab with another strain.

The cab is going to be a passive hydro grow using self-watering window boxes and LED's.

If I rearrange my grow room, I have room for another grow tent and I won't have the height limitations of my cab, so that's really going to increase my options.

thanks again for your kind comments!

regards,

SS

You do some damn nice work brother. Damn nice. Thank you for sharing this grow with all of us. I have learned a lot from you and hope to watch you work some more.

Once again...thank you SS :thanks:

Peace brother...stay green !:peace:

I lurked here for a pretty good while absorbing info provided freely by other growers, and it's great to be able to give even a little bit back to this community.

How sweet! ;-)

Decent little grow you have going on looking good... So what strain you have going there loks to be some indica mix.

Thanks Robert!

I harvested those plants on 7/20/09.

They are from seeds I made from my first lowryder grow, although neither that grow nor this one auto-flowered.

Still smokin' and enjoyin' them:grinjoint:

regards,

ss

setting sun yw and what ever mix you created decent looking plants... so what light cycle did you have your plants on and hoping they would auto flower for you, because if your light cycle is set to high they won't flower as they should they will stay in veg state if you set your lights at 12/12 they should flower in a week to ten days don't go below 12/12 though.

At the beginning of this journal, all is revealed regarding these particular seeds.

regards,

ss

Absolutely beautiful, congratulations. :hippy:

You do some damn nice work brother. Damn nice. Thank you for sharing this grow with all of us. I have learned a lot from you and hope to watch you work some more.

Once again...thank you SS :thanks:

Peace brother...stay green !:peace:

How sweet! ;-)

Absolutely beautiful, congratulations. :hippy:

SS,

Have really enjoyed this journal so much!!

It's been my pleasure sharing it with you, and hope to share more;)

Back
Top Bottom