Lowryder Grow

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

Dew is dry enough to weigh, but more importantly, dry enough to smoke.

dew_weight.JPG

She weighed in at 9 grams.

The rest of the plants are still putting on weight. I'm gonna go fire up a bowl.

SS

Considering that Dew grew in a 1/2 gallon soda bottle and under 250 watts, I think her yield is reasonable.

You could pack ten 2-liter bottles in a very small space and the yield would be around 3 oz, which ain't bad for personal stash.

SS

SICKKKKKKKKKK, really loved this grow. Roadrunner automatic is a strand im looking closely at now thanx to this lowrider grow. good luck with your harvest bro, looks like u got some nice dense nugz :)

Oh baby you KNOW what I like!

PG

We aim to please at Setting Sun Farms:grinjoint:

SICKKKKKKKKKK, really loved this grow. Roadrunner automatic is a strand im looking closely at now thanx to this lowrider grow. good luck with your harvest bro, looks like u got some nice dense nugz :)

Thanks bro!

Resinator also mentioned Roadrunner. I'm gonna have to read up on that strain a little more. I'm having a hard time deciding whether my next indoor tent grow will be LR2 or Top 44.

Such a sweet dilemma;)

regards,

SS

Oh my god ! Those pics are amazing...especially the close ups (made my mouth water). Damn fine work...reps to you !

Oh my god ! Those pics are amazing...especially the close ups (made my mouth water). Damn fine work...reps to you !

Thanks for visiting and for your kind words bro.

the harvest is close!

regards,

SS

DUDE ....WTF ....that looks amazing !!!!
+reps for sure!

They have gotten really frosty and sticky this last week and the colors are a trip.

thanks Haze!

regards,

SS

Those strands that look like spider web have been there for months too, but I will check carefully today when I harvest them.

If I got mites, I read that they will slowly climb their way up the plant after the plants are hung upside down to dry, and can be removed fairly easily at that point after they form a blob at the top (bottom) of the stem.

Will report back later today.

regards,

SS

OK, good news, no mites.

That spider web was from a real spider, LOL.

I had a mild fungus gnat infestation and a spider took up shop in that bud.

Maybe spiders would be a good way to control fungus gnats?

More good news, I'm taking a break from trimming:grinjoint:

Now, I am going to try to be as objective as possible on the 48 hours of darkness thing. I had been using a couple of node spaces on a couple of plants to judge the rate of bud growth.

I have a pretty good idea of the rate of bud growth from watching those few node holes between buds over a few weeks.

The rate of growth and swelling was significantly higher after those two days of darkness than it would have been if I had just kept the light cycle going for two more days.

In fact, one of the spaces between nodes that was about 3/8", had completely closed up.

So, based on my one data point, I may do it again in the future. I have no idea if it would work for anyone else.

I'll post some pics of my trimmed buds later tonight. Trimming buds seems to be my favorite part of growing:grinjoint:

SS

Mama told me there's good bugs, and bad bugs. Bug eating bugs are the good ones. Except paper wasps, which are definately evil.
I thought the long night before the final cut was to work with the flush to burn up the chlorophyl, yet keep the cannabinoids and terpenes. Without photosynthesis these good goos are not manufactured. Tastes great and is less filling. You're not fooling with hormones anymore, so take a peek, you're not going to confuse your girls. They are dying unambiguously, for your pleasure.

I took a good long peek before I chopped them.

I wish I had taken some pics of those inter-node spaces for a few days and then after. I will do that on my next grow if I do the long night again.

I had read that it was done because it causes the calyxes to swell and get stickier, but less chlorophyll also makes sense. I really didn't research it very much before trying it, but I didn't think it could hurt, and I had a little stash to hold me over, so what the hell.

If nobody chimes in with why introducing spiders would be a really bad idea to control fungus gnats, I may try that also.

It seems I always get some fungus gnats. It's never been bad enough to where I had to do much about it, but I kinda like spiders anyway cause they eat bugs I don't like.

regards,

SS

A great rush of breeze, a shirrocco from Santa Anna is good for the little flighty bastards. Gives them that urge to merge with the fan blades and be gone. Your pet spider should be the self tethering kind, spacewalk approved. If the buffet is too sumptious for your arachnidian cohort, try giving them more air than they care for. Poisons got bad karma.

Back
Top Bottom