Lowryder Grow

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

thanks for the tip settingsun, I'm getting ready to order some more seeds to start after my soil and hydro grows i've got going on right now, and i'm switching to all hydro for the 4th grow. I'm going to pretty much build another hydro bucket but using a 35gal tupperware tub to hold maybe 3-5 net baskets, (i'm not sure if the lid will be able to support the weight of the plants) some minor tweaking with my design should help tho. LRs seem like they would be pretty fun to grow with Deep Water Culture
grow on brother!:ganjamon:

I'm going to pretty much build another hydro bucket but using a 35gal tupperware tub to hold maybe 3-5 net baskets, (i'm not sure if the lid will be able to support the weight of the plants) some minor tweaking with my design should help tho. LRs seem like they would be pretty fun to grow with Deep Water Culture
grow on brother!:ganjamon:

One possible solution for strengthening the lid might be to use a couple or three plastic columns going from the bottom of the tub up to the bottom of the lid.

regards,

SS

One possible solution for strengthening the lid might be to use a couple or three plastic columns going from the bottom of the tub up to the bottom of the lid.

regards,

SS

This might be a better solution:

drill a couple of holes at each end of the tub, just under the outer edge of the lid, and then run some plastic rods lengthwise through the holes so that the rods would support the lid when it sags.

You would have to place the holes in the ends so that they would allow the plastic rods to run between the netpots.

regards,

SS

..Sketching up my design today, will definitely implement the horizontal rod idea, thanks again setting!

got a Q for you. could you top an LR? i might get a seed sent just to try it n i know what yr thinkin "short life span" but hay you dont know until you try. have you chopped them down yet coz i wanna know if they smoke nice

got a Q for you. could you top an LR? i might get a seed sent just to try it n i know what yr thinkin "short life span" but hay you dont know until you try. have you chopped them down yet coz i wanna know if they smoke nice

I haven't topped or trained any of the LR's I've grown, so I don't have any personal experience.

I have read that they don't like it and don't react to it well.

I'm curious about why you're thinking of topping one. Is it a space issue or just trying to make it bushier?

regards,

SS

week 12 update:

GROUP SHOT
HPIM1529.JPG

DEW
HPIM1526.JPG

HPIM15221.JPG

Dew has more amber hairs and cloudy trichs than the other plants. She has a few amber trichs here and there. I've noticed that her metabolism has slowed down. I only need to water her every other day now. I'm guessing that's another indication that she has given it her all and is near harvest time.

Here's some trich pics from today:

PIC041.jpg

PIC0061.jpg

PIC050.jpg

PIC057.jpg

Thanks resinator, hazeseeker, and pericodaking!

Here's a pic of what I'm using for the trich pics:

HPIM1535.JPG

I got it at Toy's R Us for about $60 or so if I remember correctly.

I think it's worth the money since it makes me more confident that I'm harvesting at the right time.

these are some pics of Dew that I just took today, and based on these pics, she's ready and I' m gonna chop her tonight.

PIC016.jpg

PIC017.jpg

thanks again for your comments and encouragement bros!

regards,

SS

just an update and some pics I took today:

GROUP SHOT
IMG_14373.JPG

IMG_14392.JPG

I chopped Dew yesterday and will trim the buds tighter before I jar them in a week or so. I'm using my cab as a drying box. I turn the 4" duct booster fan on for a couple of minutes 3-4 times a day to help prevent mold.

IMG_14452.JPG

The other plants look like they need a few more days and I'm thinking of doing the 48 hours of darkness before I harvest them. I'll weigh Dew when the buds are dry and at least cured a bit and report back.

setting, what does putting them in 48 hrs of darkness before harvest do for the girls?
Dew is looking might yummy might I add, how long do you plan to cure?

setting, what does putting them in 48 hrs of darkness before harvest do for the girls?
Dew is looking might yummy might I add, how long do you plan to cure?

The theory is that it makes the buds a bit larger because the calyxes swell during the long dark period.

Probably doesn't do a damn thing:).

I plan on curing at least one full week after the stems snap before I weigh anything, and I'll just continue to store and cure the buds in jars as I smoke them.

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom