Lowryder Grow

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

Awsome trichome pics man,

bravoo :D i have my lowryder and i turn the lights 12/12 like u suggest me. so now i noticed that the flowering has started and i am looking forwards to see something like you have here.... regards :peace: srry for my english :D

Your English is just fine and a whole lot better than I could do with your native language.

Glad your babies are flowering!:goodjob:

regards,

SS

week 11 from germination update or..............

good things come to those who wait:yummy:

group shot:
HPIM1509.JPG

trippy:
HPIM14851.JPG

trippy has grown into a delicate and beautiful plant with slender sativa-looking leaves that are dark green and glossy.
HPIM14861.JPG

the Four Musketeers:
HPIM1455.JPG

these four have grown in a decent potting soil (Supersoil) but not a great potting soil. I tried to replace as much of the original potting soil with the good Sunland soil, but with four plants in the pot, the amount of soil I could replace without damaging roots was limited. They are doing OK, however, and still stretching. They would have done better in their own pots and with better soil.

Dew:
HPIM1472.JPG

Dew is like a high-maintenance girlfriend. Needs lots of attention and is hard to satisfy. She needs water every day, gets yellow real quick if you don't feed her enough, but gets burned real easy if you feed her too much. If all my plants were in 1/2 gallon of dirt, it wouldn't be so bad, because they would all generally have the same water and nute requirements, but growing in different sized pots is a pain in the ass. Lesson learned. I might grow in 2 and 3 gallon pots in the same grow in the future, but not 3 gallon and 1/2 gallon.

HPIM14921.JPG

I think she's gonna give me back some of that love:ganjamon:

T.C.
HPIM1470.JPG

T.C. is up to 24.5" now. Her buds are swelling beyond my expectations. She is a beautiful, healthy, vigorous plant and I pollinated a couple of her lower bud sites with some six-month old refrigerated pollen from my first lowryder grow. The pollen was from a very large male (for a lowryder). If the pollination is successful, those seeds should grow even bigger lowryders, LOL.

HPIM14651.JPG

HPIM14621.JPG

HPIM14661.JPG

I'm glad I didn't get impatient and chop them too early. The buds are just taking off now. Looks like one more week at least with some trich checks along the way.

Looking good setting sun, Ladies look great.

Niiiiice, I might have to get some LR's for my next grow!, think they'll do great in hydro?
BTW, I just read through this journal, VERY nice read indeed my friend. Reps for u!

Niiiiice, I might have to get some LR's for my next grow!, think they'll do great in hydro?
BTW, I just read through this journal, VERY nice read indeed my friend. Reps for u!

I've had a blast growing lowryders. Even though they didn't auto-flower twice now, they've been a lot of fun to grow and I've learned a lot from them. I have plenty of lowryder seeds and I'm going to continue to grow them.

In fact, I'm starting an outdoor grow today of six of my lowryder seeds in an outdoor mini greenhouse.

I've seen some really nice hydro-grown LR's. What I would avoid is germinating the seeds in small cubes or plugs and then placing the plugs in the net pots afterwards.

People wonder why LR's seem to get off to a slower start than some other strains and then take off after a couple of weeks. That happens because LR seedlings put a *lot* of energy into their root system in week 1 as opposed to growing above ground. The ruderalis genes have their priorities straight. If you don't find water right away, it doesn't matter how many leaves you have, you die.

These plants seem to do best, and achieve their full potential, if you sow the seed directly into where the plant will live it's whole life. They do not like having their roots restricted, messed with, transplanted, etc.

Starting the seedlings in a tray with cubes is not going to work as well as putting the cubes in the netpots from the get-go.

I think their nutrient requirements might be a bit lower than most other strains too, so might need some adjustment there also.

Hydro is down the road a bit for me, but I have really enjoyed reading through your grows.

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom