Help? Please

Jubz

Hey I'm new to growing, got a stealth box and I want to grow some lowryder.
I know how to do everything apart f rom watring the plant.
How do I water it? What do I use? When to water it?

Please help?
I've read that huge thread about everything but still don't understand how to water the plant.
Please help

Order this: Blue Planet Nutrients Grow/Bloom 2-part Application. Blue Planet knows their stuff and this two part keeps it simple.

Use either R.O. (reverse osmosis) water, or use your tap water, but let it sit out for at least 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate. Drinking water from Wal Mart is RO and is 78-98 cents a gallon depending on what part of the month it is.

Water with nutrients every other watering. Don't over water. Let the soil dry out some, I like to lift my pots to feel weight. When it's light, I water.

That's all my opinion but should get you by.

What type of soil are you using?

Overwatering can be just as bad, if not worse, than underwatering. The most common mistake a new grower can make is keeping the plants in a soggy medium. Marijuana needs oxygen to get to the roots to maintain a healthy nutriant uptake. Overwatering also invites Pythium fungas ( root rot) that will devistate your crop. I know because I made that mistake when I first started growing.
If you are on city water you need to let your water stand at least 24 hrs to let the clorine disapate (sp?) or use water from a different source ( rainwater maybe).
If you can, check the ph of your water, and adjust as needed with ph up or down.
An RO filter can be needed to clear the water of undesirable chemicals and solids that will effect your grow.

If you lift your pots and check the weight, they should be feel light befor you water. This is something that becomes second nature to a grower. Or use a moisture meter to check the soil/medium for water content.

Young plants in a good soil should not need to be fed, as they get the nutriants from the soil. Feeding should not be needed until they start to use up what is already there in the soil. Over feeding is just as bad, if not worse, than underfeeding. As you get more experience you will be able to 'read' your plants and be able to judge when they need fed by their appearance.

Keep reading the various grower forums to see what other people are doing and how they handle the various problems and solutions to the many faucets of growing our favorite herb.

Back
Top Bottom