LSD First Big Grow Room

Hippo for20

I have recently started a new en devour, myself and a college have built up a grow room 2x2m room with 2x 400 hps and a 400w MH (I do have another 400 hps and 250 mh that I will install when I flower) im setting up a auto auto pots hydro system. since this is the biggest indoor op ive run I thought it a good idea to get some group help.

So while I'm setting up my mother I have popped some random ufo auto seeds on the side in a soil I have about 3 that are starting to bud (they are fast) and have 5 kalishnikova autos that are starting to flower. I must say autos really are the easiest thing to grow and some are making nice buds. In not taking the autos too serious because my main focus is my LSD that I am cloning and going to pack my room full of to make a huge crop. I just dont think that autos can be financially viable.

Some problems I have had that I would really appreciate your feedback:

In the area that I live our power grid experience irregular blackouts that last from 2 hours up to 6. Most can be predicted but my problem lies in the outliers. I have my room on 18/6 light schedule. I am cloning and only have autos which can survive in 18/6. Mostly the blackouts occur from 2pm to 4 pm but can also occur at 6 am to 8 am or even 5 PM to 12pm ( very rarely) so I have my lights on a analog timer. They switch on at 4 PM and off at 10 am. I do this so the temperature remains lowered in the day time and also because most blackouts occur at 2PM -4pm.

I had established a very nice bubba kush mother and had taken 10 cuittings from my lady that I was planning on flowering, but less than a week after I had taken the cuttings the mother and the tiny cuttings started to Bud :( that was my last Bubba kush seed and now ive lost the strain.

I'm assuming the flowering was triggered due to a series of irregular blackouts that occurred a week before I took the cuttings the blackouts occurred roughly late afternoon / early morning when the lights should have switched on and before the were supposed to switch on.

This happened last week but the LSD was right next to the bubba kush didn't start to flower (don't know if I'm just lucky or if I missed something)

These power outs are something I can't control and will continue indefinitely but any advice on how to minimize the effect of their damage would be appreciated, and I cant afford a Backup battery system cause that's just not financially viable.

As long as you always reset the analogue timer, blackouts of a few hours should not be too much of a problem, but 6 hours would divide the day and induce flowering.

If you can't afford a battery or back-up generator then your options are limited.

Can you keep your mothers/vegging plants outdoors and only flower indoors?

Or grow with a 12/12 light schedule from seed.

Hey so let me give a update:

I have gotten a battery powered led light (not grow led) the led lighting are the cheap touches you get at the China market. It cost about $6 US these can then be switched on manually when power outages occurs. These will just go on to keep the plants from going dark for the 2 hours that they go off about once or twice a week. I am gonna get some more to increase emergency lighting in the room.

It's not ideal but I am seriously considering a car battery a converter and a few cfl lights to increase emergency lighting.

Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with running a CFL off a car battery. Want to know how many watts I can run off one battery for 2 hours.

I can't take my mother outside as it is the heart of winter were I am at the moment and the days are too short and it's very cold. As for the 12 12 option I am looking to establish a mother and clones first then I can run a recurring system of cuttings into a permanent 12/12 grow room

Back
Top Bottom