LST (limited stress training) GiGaBaNE's method

GigaGrew

Heya folks
Still fairly new here, but i do like to be a contributer ;)

I have read up on LST and am going to attempt it on my first grow.

Going to try and put my own spin on it though.

The plan is to use clingfilm (celophane?) and a corkscrew tension system to allow early placment of your pressure points and to be able to increase the tension over time by gentle increments. also im hoping the fact that celo is transparent, we minimise light loss by a very small amount.

Re: LST (limited stress training) GiGaBaNE's method.

Tools for the job (i missed the hook)
GEDC0030.JPG

cut strips of clinfilm to the desired length (be generous, you can always trim the ends but you need plent spare to tie the last knot)
GEDC00052.JPG

a hook, anything that will pull the clingfilm through the cut in the pot will do.
GEDC00071.JPG

Choose carefully where you make your cuts, we are looking at balancing all opposing forces.
GEDC00061.JPG

this film is doubled over for strength. be very gentle not to crush anything vital when choosing your anchor sites.
GEDC00092.JPG

GEDC00081.JPG

The outside of the pot, this 'screw' makes all the stress go away.
GEDC00101.JPG

The bottom anchor, only tightened till it ever so gently changes the angle of the plant.
GEDC00111.JPG

2nd anchor in place, tightened as far as i dare on day 1, i used my finger on the plant to push in the same direction, testing i still had a little room left to bend over, trying to attain a safe 75% stress on the stem, dont want to risk a snap.
GEDC00121.JPG

A closer look at the bend, no damage attained.
GEDC00131.JPG

This screw on the 2nd strap you would tighten up every few days to cause more bend as the plant submits to your will.
GEDC00141.JPG

growguide12.jpg

LUDA'S L.S.T.

CHRIS.
:goodluck:

wow,,,, kinky,,,, tying a plant up, and a female at that,,, shame on you... but i like it!!!

my set-up doesn't really allow for that so i top to get the most that i can,,, maybe i'll do one in dirt just to see.... great pics guys,,,, thanks!

wow,,,, kinky,,,, tying a plant up, and a female at that,,, shame on you... but i like it!!!

my set-up doesn't really allow for that so i top to get the most that i can,,, maybe i'll do one in dirt just to see.... great pics guys,,,, thanks!

I love a bit of plant bondage.

CHRIS.
:yummy:

Is that food grade wire? supprising how many toxins are in plastic casings for wires. Do your wires get hot from lights? i heard that it can sometimes brand the plants.

Thin washing line wire. It does no damage to the stem with any kind of heat as its just plastic coated.

CHRIS.
:smokin:

hey,,,,i made some weights out of blocks of wood,,,for keeping tops bend down and to bend branches down,,, i used the christmas ornament hooks you get from the dollar store , i'm pretty sure they are NOT food grade, and i had no ill effects, if you think about it,, only a very small amount comes into contact with the plant... just saying.....

was thinking along the lines of Bisphenol A and other such compunds that may effect your dna structure, would suck to have mutant babies for want of a safe tie back, lol

I dont understand how this affects the D.N.A of the plant as the genetics of the seed cant be changed.

LUDA.

there is some real nasty crap in most modern plastics. its a tragedy on the scale of asbestos, but the truth is emerging slowly. many companies are in the proccess of either changing their recipes or fighting tooth and nail to save every buck and use it till law forces otherwise.

LUDA.

Interesting GigaBaNE. Is there a reason that you didn't fill the pot with dirt and use binder clips on pot edge instead of cutting a slot in the side?

With a clip you can just loosen, pull the tie (whatever the choice of your material), and release.

Just wonderin :Rasta:

Great idea.

CHRIS.
:goodjob:

no real reason other than its using as minimal a component list as possible (its the kind of thing most people can whip up instantly from stuff in their house)

my soil retains more water than it should so plent new air holes couldnt go amis, lol

Later on ill be putting holes in much lower down the pot for some tight horizontal turns of the plant.

and finally because i didnt think of using clips, it really was i went in the kitchen and just grabbed whatever i thought would work.

EDIT: oh yeah and soil, they are only in that soil now untill i can purchase some coco, im changing my grow method soon.

When I first read about it, I thought they were talking about the D-Day landcraft :tokin:

lmao,,,, lets vape another bowl....... makes sense to me!

no real reason other than its using as minimal a component list as possible (its the kind of thing most people can whip up instantly from stuff in their house)

my soil retains more water than it should so plent new air holes couldnt go amis, lol

Later on ill be putting holes in much lower down the pot for some tight horizontal turns of the plant.

and finally because i didnt think of using clips, it really was i went in the kitchen and just grabbed whatever i thought would work.

EDIT: oh yeah and soil, they are only in that soil now untill i can purchase some coco, im changing my grow method soon.

Ahhh McGuyverin, I understand that :thumb:

Coco's nice once you get the hang of it. I never did, so I mix it with dirt :Rasta:

So, where'd you get the food grade pots? :)

Back
Top Bottom