Maha shivaratri festival feb -23

tintala

Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
MAHA SHIVARATRI FESTIVAL falls on FEB 23rd this year. literally "THE NIGHT OF SHIVA"
This Day is dedicated to LORD SHIVA-,it is said that shiva performed "TANDAVA".Observers fast for a day. Observing this day absloves the worshipper of sins. the only day of the year when CANNABIS is legal and no one is threatend by the law. this has been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. No one is exempt from partaking in cannabis in Nepal this time of year. This day prime ministers, kings, servants, worhshippers, housholds , anyone across NEPAL may take cannabis, by smoking it, either in HASH form, bhang lassi, or ganja. Sadhus from around INdia and NEPAL come to KATHMANDU to the revered PASHUPATHINATH temple, a world heritage site, where thousands conglomerate to partake in shivas offerings. It is said shiva smoked cannabis to obtain a 1000 year meditation. The word ganja comes from sanskrit. and is the mighty river that runs thru varanasi India, some call it the GANGES. with the source high in the Himalaya. Sadhu make the trek for weeks by foot to Kathmandu , Nepal to celebrate this holy day. I have been fortunate enought to be a part of 2 shivaratri festivals.
OM NAMAH SHIVAYA

qfunk: nope I am not from India, I am pure american, caucasian. However, I have lived in India, study INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC and have a house in Nepal with a Nepali wife and family where we split our time between usa and Nepal.

Indian Classical Music?? Then you must love Fusion Music eh?...

YEP! In fact I have a humble studio in my house where i record "FUSION" electronic, but am more and more into bollywood style fusion, it's really the best music i have ever heard! AR RAHMAN just won 2 oscars for his music on SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!

Back
Top Bottom