Mainline questions

kmando

When u mainline, do you cut the branches off that are facing down? My last grow, these downward facing branches didn't give me what I wanted. Seems like I would want just upward facing branches. Let me know what u think

Sent from my SM-G900T using 420

ee5011cbb6e9589942dd6fd72d86c109.jpg
0f1143ff91ae543c11577a4c8fcbf5b5.jpg

i'm doing my first grow using the mainline technique and after topping it the first time, i let the 2 branches grow out with 5 nodes on each side. I topped each side between node #3 and node #4, and then removed the branches of node #2 on each side (where 1 branch was pointing down and the other point up). that left me with 2 nodes on each side (nodes #1 and nodes #3) to form 4 branches on each side for a total of 8 branches total and tied them down so all 8 branches were at the same level like yours. So all branches would getting the same amount of nutrient flow so no branches would be favoured at the expense of other branches and now I have 8 nice colas all at about the same height getting the same amount of light.
P2130001.jpg
In the pic included, the green tie down is holding the branches down where node #2 was after i removed that node. the remaining nodes #1 and #3 are branching out at the same distance from ground level. The next pic is what i ended up with after careful training to ensure all branches got equal light and nutrient flow. Well worth the extra time and effort in the beginning. Can't wait to harvest some nice equally sized buds in about 3 weeks
P4220130.jpg
Hope this helps !

Normally, regardless of where your branches are pointing, your leaves/buds will instinctively point up toward the light. If your branches are below the 3rd node you can get rid of them if you want. You may want to add some side lighting and direct it on the problem branches to slowly guide them, or at least their buds, up.

Sent from my KFTT using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i'm doing my first grow using the mainline technique and after topping it the first time, i let the 2 branches grow out with 5 nodes on each side. I topped each side between node #3 and node #4, and then removed the branches of node #2 on each side (where 1 branch was pointing down and the other point up). that left me with 2 nodes on each side (nodes #1 and nodes #3) to form 4 branches on each side for a total of 8 branches total and tied them down so all 8 branches were at the same level like yours. So all branches would getting the same amount of nutrient flow so no branches would be favoured at the expense of other branches and now I have 8 nice colas all at about the same height getting the same amount of light.
P2130001.jpg
In the pic included, the green tie down is holding the branches down where node #2 was after i removed that node. the remaining nodes #1 and #3 are branching out at the same distance from ground level. The next pic is what i ended up with after careful training to ensure all branches got equal light and nutrient flow. Well worth the extra time and effort in the beginning. Can't wait to harvest some nice equally sized buds in about 3 weeks
P4220130.jpg
Hope this helps !
Exactly what I needed to know. And super sweet plant. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom