Make Marijuana Legal For Patients

I suffer from severe epileptic seizures. Over the years doctors have prescribed me some of the strongest anti-seizure medications available, to no avail. I read that marijuana has shown promising results for epilepsy patients and tried it. Once I began smoking marijuana, my seizures completely stopped. I smoked marijuana for over a year until I started going to church. Two weeks after I stopped smoking marijuana my seizures came back with a vengeance.

I'm a devout Christian. I've expressed my opinions about medical marijuana to members, pastors and theologians from different denominations and have found that the majority of Christians I've talked to support medical marijuana.

HB642, the Michael Phillips Compassionate Care Act, will come up in committee in late March. It would protect doctors who recommend and patients who use marijuana for medical reasons. Please contact the House Judiciary Committee and your representative and urge them to pass this bill.

Fourteen other states and the District of Columbia have passed medical marijuana legislation. But, because I reside in Alabama, I am considered a criminal for trying to alleviate my suffering. Geographic location should never determine criminality. I am a patient, not a criminal.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Montgomery Advertiser
Author: Samuel Barksdale
Copyright: 2010 Montgomery Advertiser

wow if i would known this 10 years before i could help my brother who died and he was suffering epilepsy oh my god i hate the governments

That's one of the worst things about prohibition. It blocks so much research that should have been done years and years ago.

Back
Top Bottom