Making The SH Mistic Cloner

Got my ultra sonic fogger today with my light and already have the tub. Can't wait to make one and post. Ingenuity at it's best. Thanks.

Got my ultra sonic fogger today with my light and already have the tub. Can't wait to make one and post. Ingenuity at it's best. Thanks.

Awesome man, glad to hear it. Yeah. Its an awesome machine, you won't be dissapointed.
:ganjamon:

will this work? same thing right?

Amazon: Smart Solar Magic Mist Single membrane fogger & transformer (no light)

1667508913538.png

free shipping

Hey wifecaretaker, that fogger should work. The 10 gallon tub will work too. The very first post in this thread, all 3 green colored fonts are links to the parts,the fogger, rubbermaid tub, neoprene collers, all with free shipping or included for the price JonnyT has listed. Click on the green fonts takes you right to the parts JonnyT used.

Well for starters, I've cloned many ways over the years. I've used cutting to sand, cutting to soil, cutting to rockwool, and cloning aeroponically. And I have to say making an aeroponic cloner is certainly the easiest if your planning on a DWC system. Cloning into rockwool and putting that in the Deep Water Culture system is also one of my favorites and I will be doing a tutorial on that later in the month. But for now, I'll show you the basics on making an aeroponic/fogging cloner for under 50$

Here is a Parts List/ Order List for everything you need aside from a 2 inch hole cutter attachment on a drill, which you can pick up at any hardware store. You can't use a spade bit because it will just tear up the plastic to bad and you'll be going through the neoprene like crazy.

Stealth Hydro Mistic Cloner Exact Replica - 45$ shipping included

The Fogger unit - 25$

Rubbermaid Tub - 5$ + 2.28 shipping

18 Neoprene Inserts - 9$

Hey wifecaretaker, that fogger should work. The 10 gallon tub will work too. The very first post in this thread, all 3 green colored fonts are links to the parts,the fogger, rubbermaid tub, neoprene collers, all with free shipping or included for the price JonnyT has listed. Click on the green fonts takes you right to the parts JonnyT used.

thanks frosty, i think ill go with the one johnny recommended. the tub is out of stock. going to check out other sites. found the inserts at hydro store.

Hey wifecaretaker, there is a rubbermaid roughneck tub 14 gallon out at lowes if that's around ya, that is close in size to the sh tub, they only vary really by length and not height. Last time I bought one it was $8.

Hey wifecaretaker, there is a rubbermaid roughneck tub 14 gallon out at lowes if that's around ya, that is close in size to the sh tub, they only vary really by length and not height. Last time I bought one it was $8.

Actually I something smaller might work better, simply because you'll get a more dense mist in the container. I use I believe a 4 gallon, maybe six.

:roorrip:

Actually I something smaller might work better, simply because you'll get a more dense mist in the container. I use I believe a 4 gallon, maybe six.

:roorrip:

The container could be pretty small couldn't it? That would just limit the number of clones you could start, but most of don't need 18 or 20 at a time anyway. The res. really only needs to be big enough to fit the fogger and room for stems to hang into, correct?

The container could be pretty small couldn't it? That would just limit the number of clones you could start, but most of don't need 18 or 20 at a time anyway. The res. really only needs to be big enough to fit the fogger and room for stems to hang into, correct?

Correct. Exactly, you could just make one for however many your setup warrants. The smaller the container the quicker they root.

hey all. those 4 cuttings that i had have all died. no worries. it's a test. i've put 6 more in, using better technique to ensure no air in the stem. they have been in for 2 days and no droop at all. still waiting to see roots, but i'm sure they'll come. pics when i get roots.

I just thought of something to throw in here - they sell a float for $5 along with the fogger, so if you have a big tub, you can just fill it up with water to reduce the air volume to 5 gallons or so. I'm using a 10 gallon tub with a couple extra gallons to keep the fog thicker.

Great post, great info! Great idea.

It's a great cloner!

I'm on my first set of clones ever, and looks like the second set of three I took are starting to develop roots. The first three might be too weak as I had hurt the mother with a PH mistake not long before I clipped them.

It's much simpler than the spray cloner I tried to make - no worries about leaks.

Thanks again Jonny!

It's a great cloner!

I'm on my first set of clones ever, and looks like the second set of three I took are starting to develop roots. The first three might be too weak as I had hurt the mother with a PH mistake.

It's much simpler than the spray cloner I tried to make - no worries about leaks.

Thanks again Jonny!

Great idea before on the float thing. It was mentioned before, but apparently I didn't put together what was being said to me. That's a great Idea, container size doesn't matter as long as you decrease the volume inside the res.
The only thing I might mention which i forgot to mention previously is I like to partially exchange the water in the res every 4-5 days, so keep in mind the larger the reservoir the more water your going to have to lug around for the same results.

Glad its working out for you man! It takes a couple shots to get the hang of it, but once you do. There's nothing stopping you.

Back
Top Bottom