Male or female ? Early sexing

MegaWel

Hi,

I have a few plants, about 6 weeks old (growing outdoor) that I *think* are starting to show their sex. At least, it is not stipules and it doesn't seem to be new growth either, but it doesn't look quite like the other preflower photos I've been seeing. Might just be my inexperience, though...

Could you help me out here ?

Plant 1

Plant1_sativa_terre.jpg

Plant 2

Plant2_indica_touffu.jpg

Plant 3

Plant4_1.jpg

Plant4_2.jpg

Plant4_3.jpg

Thanks in advance !

Not that I can see, unfortunately :(

The hair on the first photo for plant 3 is just that - a hair. I think it's my cat ;)

I've been seeing these kind of pods for about a week now. I'm growing outdoor and it's a 50/50 sativa/indica strain which shouldn't flower until a month from now, so I guess primordiae will not differentiate as quickly as if I were growing a 100% indica strain under 12/12 lighting. Am I right ?

The thing is, I planned to repot my plants this weekend but may run a bit short on fresh soil, so I'd love to know which plants to priorize...

If someone could give a second / third opinion, I'd be very grateful :)

I'm no expert, but I to am growing outside and have the same pods on 3 of mine. As I had 2 males earlier in my grow, if you haven't seen the little ball sacks by now then 9/10 I'm sure you have ladies. I knew before my started sexing that they had to be female since the males grew so fast and tall and showed signs of sex weeks before. (Only took 5 weeks for the balls to show)
Hope this info helps

I'm no expert, but I to am growing outside and have the same pods on 3 of mine. As I had 2 males earlier in my grow, if you haven't seen the little ball sacks by now then 9/10 I'm sure you have ladies. I knew before my started sexing that they had to be female since the males grew so fast and tall and showed signs of sex weeks before. (Only took 5 weeks for the balls to show)
Hope this info helps

That would be awesome if you were right. My plants have been vegging for 6-7 weeks now. They had a slow start due to the soil in their first pot being much too compact but still, I feel like, had there been any male plant, I should have seen balls by now.

Also, all my plants are pretty short and bushy, but I have been LST'ing, FIMming and pinching them intensely almost all their life.

Yup, that was my conclusion too, based on the same evidence.

I'm giving it a few more days just in case, as there is no imminent danger of it accidently pollinating my females. Then I'll chop it.

Hi,

As it turns out, the previous photo was _not_ a male preflower. It was just the start of a new shoot :)

fausse_fleur.jpg

However, I think I have a real sausage fest going on in some other plant:

terre_male.jpg

Anyone can confirm ?

MegaWel

Agh. I knew it. I'm trying to figure out what to do with him because I have two others who haven't shown their sex yet and I don't want him to pollinate in case they're females :/

From the look of it, these pollen sacks are quite close to opening. I wouldn't wait any longer. If you don't plan on breeding / collecting pollen, your best solution is to KILL IT NOW :)

You can still hang it to dry if you feel like cooking...

If you don't like seedy weed, I don't think you have much of a choice. A male plant literally produces MILLIONS of pollen grains. No matter how careful you are, some of that dirt is gonna find its way to your ladies and spoil your whole crop. Do yourself a favor, and cut it now ;-)

Back
Top Bottom