Male Pollen......Can It have an Effect on Vegging Plants/Clones?

simondetroit

I had a Hermie pollenate my whole room! Some of the plants were far enough along that I was able to save them. But I had to trash 30 plants that were in weeks 5 and 6. If you want to hear me whine more you can check out my journal. Anyways heres my actual question....I had 25 clones anf 17 vegging plants in a closet that was in the same room as the pollen outbreak. I know that while I was harvesting the plants the pollen was probably flying all over the place. I'm gonna bleach the entire room and aero systems several times but I want to know if there is anything I can do or need to do to protect the vegging plants when I switch them over to flowering tommorow? I havent sprayed my neem oil for prevenative measure yet on the vegging plants (3 1/2 weeks) because I wasnt sure if I might saturate the pollen into the leaves? Any advice on what to do while getting the room back in shape and still utilizing my current vegging plants and clones would be helpful. Actually checking out my journal would be really helpful:thumb::thanks::peace:

Very tricky situation. From a biological perspective it really only takes one spore to pass on genetic information and, in practicality, making sure there isn't a single spore on a plant or within blowing distance seems near impossible.

Seems to be a few options to me:

1. Find some sort of foliar spray that with act to break down the pollen without causing fatal harm to the plants. What sort of chemical or product can do this I have no idea.

2. Mist and spray heavily with water. I would assume with enough applications you would be able to rinse away any left over pollen. The clones will probably take better to this as they have less vegetation / surface area for the pollen to hide.

3. Grow it out and hope for the best. If the pollen spread wasn't too concentrated you may get lucky.

Genetic information is passed on through the flowers. A spore that lands on the stem or leaf won't do anything on its own. However, that's not to say it couldn't fall or be blown into a flower later in the plants life.

I wish you the best and hopefully someone with more knowledge can contribute.

Back
Top Bottom