Males and pollination

Dani smoke

I had some bag seeds given, decided to crack em there now 3 week into flower 3 different strains, bubba Og, power plant and red Russian kush, one of the plants looks male to me il post the pics iv taken it away from the females in the grow tent and left it aside however, is it possibly for me to pollantate 1 female in the tent, there's 10 female I only want to cross 1 seed, I don't want the other 9 to pollantate though I was also told I could Just pollantate 1 branch and the rest of the branches will be normal buds no seeds on the plant Il be pollanating if possibly and advice welcome

Attachments

• IMG_20191019_092746.jpg
    IMG_20191019_092746.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20191019_092716.jpg
    IMG_20191019_092716.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 82
for sure looks male. you will need to isolate the male from the others and let it mature to pollen stage,, then harvest some of the pollen and with a small paint brush, carefully pollinate 'one' branch' of a female flowering

the pollen flowers will look like this,,

cheers

the pollen spreads very easily so one must take care with this process

for sure looks male. you will need to isolate the male from the others and let it mature to pollen stage,, then harvest some of the pollen and with a small paint brush, carefully pollinate 'one' branch' of a female flowering

the pollen flowers will look like this,,

cheers

the pollen spreads very easily so one must take care with this process
That's my problem I don't have another tent spare, iv already taken the male out I just wandered what the odds was

keep it in the tent till it matures more, keep a close eye on it, watching the male flowers mature,, when they get big and puffy, take it out of the tent and put it on the kitchen table for a week or so,, one can even just cut one branch of the male plant off, put it in a glass of water and let it mature to opening stage.

risky, a bit, but possible

I've had males develope just in a room with no real light, assuming they are close to popping pollen, close like a week ish

Like mentioned, get some pollen, little paint brush or Qtip, and hit a few bud sites on a branch
Next day any white hairs should look dead and orange, that means it's pregnant
Then mist EVERYTHING with a water spray bottle, or you will have pollen EVERYWHERE
MARK the branch u pollinated so you can watch it develope

Good luck

Edit

When u collect the pollen, well after
Strip down all yer close and shoes and wash up real good before u enter yer tent area....or you can spread the Pollen Plague very very easy

I've had males develope just in a room with no real light, assuming they are close to popping pollen, close like a week ish

Like mentioned, get some pollen, little paint brush or Qtip, and hit a few bud sites on a branch
Next day any white hairs should look dead and orange, that means it's pregnant
Then mist EVERYTHING with a water spray bottle, or you will have pollen EVERYWHERE
MARK the branch u pollinated so you can watch it develope

Good luck

Edit

When u collect the pollen, well after
Strip down all yer close and shoes and wash up real good before u enter yer tent area....or you can spread the Pollen Plague very very easy
So just 1 brand on my female will produce buds rest of the colas will be normal buds? I'm jst scared to ruin the full crop as I make oil as most know so need the flowers, its the 4 week of flower right now, there's only 1 or 2 balls as of yet how long do they take till they really need to be removed I'm happy to keep them in the next room for a week or so to ensure the rest or safe

If a male and female are flipped at the same time, the male will flower before the female, in nature, for survival and to pollenat the female

The seeds will need 4-5 weeks to develop, so keep that in mind also

If a male and female are flipped at the same time, the male will flower before the female, in nature, for survival and to pollenat the female

The seeds will need 4-5 weeks to develop, so keep that in mind also
They was all flipped together, I jst wanted to get a few cross seeds for experiment really but if it's risky I don't wna mess up the rest ects I can put the male back in, behind the fans per say away from any female and leave, they brush on some pollen outside the room obviously I'd wash wish water very well afyer a few hours then leave a further 12 outside and add the female back in, but if she touches other plants ect won't she pollenate them can you really jst do 1 cola safely, and what would it mean cropping the bud and leaving the seeded cola extra weeks for seeds to be correct? I'm sorry for all the questions

Back
Top Bottom