Making more seeds

Shukin

420 Member
I’ve managed to isolate five male plants of different species. I’ve also have their female partners. Is it possible to pollinate one branch on a plant. I want some seeds but I don’t necessarily want a whole plant full of seeds. Has anyone successfully pollinated one branch?

I’ve managed to isolate five male plants of different species. I’ve also have their female partners. Is it possible to pollinate one branch on a plant. I want some seeds but I don’t necessarily want a whole plant full of seeds. Has anyone successfully pollinated one branch?
Hey Shukin, I have made seeds a few times, and I always only selectively pollinating a branch or 3, as doing that I get plenty, usually a few hundred seeds.

For what it is worth, here's a post I made on my last selective pollination attempt. Further along on page 58 is a pic of the result.

Thank you Stunger. I feel a lot more confident now that someone else has some proof that this works. Cheers

Yes it is possible to pollinate one branch use paper bag with the males find a brsnch on the male fat swollin sacs put brown paper bag over that branch tie it on there let the sacs open in that bag collect the pollen remove the bag pour the pollen into a envelope put in the freezer .mix the pollen with food color when ur ready to pollinate ur lady u can paint it on ur choice of branch on ur lady's ur set ✌🤙👊happy pollanating

You can, but you may get some "extra" seeds, all it takes is for a little pollen to get loose and you'll have a few stray seeds, but nothing heavily seeded except the buds you apply the pollen directly on. Back in the day (Humboldt in the 70's), I used to always grow one good quality male plants that I purposely kept small, as soon as a few pollen sacks opened I would stand in the doorway to the greenhouse tap the male plants twice, let the wind blow in and then close the door and destroy the male, alway got enough seeds for next time. I tried to do it very early when most of the ripe/receptive calyxes were in the nodes, so not a lot of seeds in the actual buds.

Thanks again I really appreciate the input. How many weeks should I wait before I try Pollinating? I believe in 18 days ago. They are showing signs of buds. Is this good enough?

Back
Top Bottom