Man, I didn't even make it to Indiana

Mad Cow Steakho

Fucking shit. Long story.

Day before I leave I'm heading up the mountain, blazed as hell and I pass a cop about a block from my place. Mind you, I had gotten a DUI 3 months ago, but my lawyer had just told me that my license hadn't been suspended. I see those lovely fucking blue lights. And I'm literally 2 houses away from my place.

So the routine shit starts, the cop tries to trip me up into telling a lie and then switches his routine later, telling me that he's "just doing his job" and playing buddy so he can try to sucker me into thinking he's a great guy who only wants the best for me. Right.

As soon as backup arrives, they approach me with handcuffs. So I get put in the back, with the cuffs already digging in and drawing blood from my right wrist.

2 full hours later, I'm still in the backseat and the cop is smoking a cigarette while searching my car. And lucky me, they come back with a handful of Zoloft and say "What are these?"

Even though they were legally mine and I had a prescription for them in my back seat, they wouldn't get it. They would rather have another $1200 tacked onto my bond. So I told them that they're anti-depressants and he goes "Nuh-uh. These are muscle relaxers, and you're fucked." Figuring I had been pretty good up until this point I said "Hey high school dropout, flip them over on the other side and see if you can pronounce Zoloft". He responded by weakly smacking me on the side of the head. Guess I hit a sensitive spot.

Long story short, I was cool with the other officers and they booked me in in like half an hour, which was great, so I slept the whole time while a guy in solitary was tripping so bad he started drinking from the toilet. I was only in there for about 15 hours.

Which actually isn't all that bad. Only its going to be damn near impossible to pay $1500 in various fees and to get that money without a way to get to a job. But I'm working on some affadavits in the meantime.
But this does mean pretty much house arrest while I'm broke and no smoke for god knows how long. That's the hardest part.

Wow!
That is harsh!
You were busted for zoloft?
I guess the guy had never seen the commercials. *shrugs*

winterpeggyeh said:
Wow!
That is harsh!
You were busted for zoloft?
I guess the guy had never seen the commercials. *shrugs*

Yeah, exactly. Even when I was durnk as hell after I got the DUI the cop asked me what the pills were and I asked him if he's seen the commercial with the dancing rock and he's like "Oh yeah, Zoloft".

It's a small community though, these cops were just itching for something to do.

Small town cops are the worst.
After the first time, you know they are just watching till u screw up again.
I grew up in a small town.

It is the whole mentality of small towns that really aggrivates me.

Yeah, that cop got his month's quota all in one night.

Plus they can be broken so much easier probably because they realize that they aren't actually helping to fight crime.

I live in Indiana :/
yea dude that sucks....and yea why DID they pull you over?

Dude.. they can't charge you if it's perscribed. I'd talk to your doctor. You might actually be able to get them on harassment if you could get your doctor to say on your behalf that them being judgemental on you for having medication on you (when there was no other drug found) made your depression worse. There is no way the charges would stick if they were in fact ONLY for having the Zoloft on you.

I would fight on this one... Carrying extra medication on you is a good thing. That way if you stay out for a couple of days unexpectedly you don't have to worry about withdrawls from the meds. Some meds, the withdrawls can kill you (my sister was on KPs and didn't realize they were physically addicting, ran out and forgot to fill her perscription and then had seizures from it). I used to be on Paxil and used to flip out the day after not having taken my pill.

Weeble said:
Dude.. they can't charge you if it's perscribed. I'd talk to your doctor. You might actually be able to get them on harassment if you could get your doctor to say on your behalf that them being judgemental on you for having medication on you (when there was no other drug found) made your depression worse. There is no way the charges would stick if they were in fact ONLY for having the Zoloft on you.

Damn Weeble, I love the way you think.

Only problem is they're over a year old, which will show up on the prescription records once I get them from the pharmacy. I need to throw that idea to my attorney, because so far he's been a total bust. But even though I know I can shake the charge, its still costing money and court fees.

LunarSmoke said:
Hey what part of Indiana? I live in the north-western part.
I live in Vincennes, right across the bridge from Illinois...southern part....

I dunno dude....bud does wonders for my creativity, I can pop off with some of the craziest shit when I'm blazed. Then again, it probably has something to do with the hash and trip as well.

Yea I have noticed that, ever since I started smoking, I notice things no one else does, I am alot more calm, not nervous at all around the ladies and I am alot more creative.

Back
Top Bottom