Marijuana Breathalyzer Test Could Be Coming Soon

Could be both a good thing or a bad thing, IMO. I myself know perfectly well that I can drive just fine when I've partaken because I have been doing so for over 30 years now and have never had a problem driving after smoking, but that's just me and the manor of which I smoke which is just a little at a time, but that's like a little bit (a hit or two) every hour or more throughout the day. Personally, I don't like getting so ripped that I can't function properly so I just maintain a steady manageable buzz which makes it where I'm able to do simple daily tasks like driving. Not everyone does it like I do though and I've known people who think they need to smoke an entire eighth or more a day and stay so ripped that they are barely able to function, let alone drive safely. So that kind of makes this a catch 22 situation because it's still going to be hard to tell the level of impairment someone actually has.

I do however think that a Cannabis breathalyzer could possibly have a positive effect on whether or not states decide to legalize though, because I think this has always been one of the arguments made by law enforcement that they never had a way to tell for certain if someone is impaired on Cannabis and driving or not, unless they actually smelled it or searched and found it, but if you smoked it outside of the car and weren't traveling with it, they really had no proof and there was nothing they could really do, unlike with alcohol where you can tell for certain with a breathalyzer either way, drunk or sober.

I'm also hoping that companies will go to this method instead of doing urinalysis as well, because if it's just for testing real time impairment opposed to what you have been doing as far back as a month or so ago, then maybe they will not be so worried about what people do in their spare time in the privacy of their own homes anymore. It's none of anybodies business what we do at night to relax and take the stress off of our day and maybe now we will be able to breath a little easier by keeping our jobs.

Now what's really needed is on the fly hard drug detection devices that can determine if someone is strung out on h*roin, m*th, c*caine or pain killers while driving and/or working, maybe even one device that can tell if your impaired on ANY substance in a real time scenario?

As it stands now for me though, I'm going to remain on the fence if I'm supporting this or not until I see how and what they plan on using this for...the jury is still out for now.
This is another witch hunt. I don't drive a lot anymore, but when I did, smoking pot improved my driving skills .

Back
Top Bottom