Marijuana treatment for H1N1, Diabetes, and MS - It Is True

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Two companies are doing research on the multivariate uses of cannabis sativa -- marijuana. This is serious research, done correctly, and taken seriously by the medical and research community.

Cannabis Science Inc., is studying the potential of the phytocannabanoids in marijuana being a preventative of death by asphyxiation due to inflammation of the lungs in H1N1(swine flu) and other flus. Naturally occurring in the body, endocannabanoids control the inflammation. Phytocannabanoids from marijuana can mimic and enhance that response. The human body does not recognize a difference in the two molecules because they are so structurally similar.

GW Pharmaceuticals entered into an exclusive agreement with Dr. Mike Cawthorne at the University of Buckingham, England, to study the effects of cannabanoids and phytomedicines on type two diabetes and other metabolic diseases. Dr. Cawthorne was instrumental in the development of Avandia for diabetes treatment at SmithKline Beecham.

GW has already passed phase three trials for another drug called Sativex that is used in the treatment of spasticity due to Multiple Sclerosis.

I worked with Fred Bennington at the University of Alabama in Birmingham briefly. Fred was an undergrade who worked with Woodward and Fiescher on the diene and triene rules. (If you are not a chemist it would take too long to explain. Take my word for it this is important to organic chemistry.) Bennington did not have Ph.D.but taught as one because he was that good a natural products chemist. Fred was instrumental in defining the structure of phytocannabanoids.

I doubt there will be a surge in people applying for medical marijuana in the parts of the US where it is legal on the basis of having H1N1, MS, or diabetes because you just cannot fake the symptoms.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: examiner.com
Author: Paul Hamaker - Birmingham Science News Examiner
Copyright: 2009 Clarity Digital Group LLC
Website: Marijuana treatment for H1N1, Diabetes, and MS - it is true

Back
Top Bottom