MarsII 700 Watt LED - how close is too close?

mussh

hello,

im currently in a white rhino grow. my plant is stretching quite a bit more than I expected. my light has never been further than 10 inches from the plant. right now the main cola is about 5 inches from the light. I put the back of my hand at the same height and feel no discomfort.

my question,
how close can I let it get before it starts to harm the plant?

I am getting no leaf curl or any signs of heat stress.

but what about bleaching? its a white strain....but....... =|

so if anyone with a similar light has run into a similar situation, I would be curious to know your technique / strategy.

actual footage

top_-_Copy1.jpg

thanks guys

p.s. if I posted this in the wrong place, it is because im ignorant.

Hey bro! If you don't have any more space to go up just position the LED verticaly so it can hit a side of the plant and just turn the plant from time to time.

Hey bro! If you don't have any more space to go up just position the LED verticaly so it can hit a side of the plant and just turn the plant from time to time.

thanks for the response!

I do have vertical room. every time I raise the light, the plant rushes up to close the gap. it went from 13 inches to 28 inches in 14 days.
I guess my real concern is damage to the main cola and how close it can get before it bleaches.

Hey mussh! I had some similar issues in my last LED grow, and some tops were getting within 6" of the 300W light (185W actual draw). I only noticed bleaching 1 time, so I moved it a few inches further away. I'd say keep moving the light closer to the tops at the rate of about an inch per day, until you notice bleaching on the buds/leaves, then move it up 2-3 inches until the stretch stops. Since you're this far into flowering, you probably won't need to worry too much more about stretching. It's definitely different growing with LEDs!

I'd say keep moving the light closer to the tops at the rate of about an inch per day, until you notice bleaching on the buds/leaves, then move it up 2-3 inches until the stretch stops.
hiya jojo!

I like this idea. guess im not going to move the light. I will let the plant get closer. maybe it will stop stretching when I stop raising it.

It is not so much damaging the plant as you want it to get the full spectrum of the LEDs. If you get to close, you lose that balance. I would try for 12" at the closest. :peace:

excellent point.

If you just have 1 plant and 1 led you should take the Lady's ideea. You'll get a good light spread on lower buds also and no more popcorn. Not that much anyways.

I never had leaf bleach but I did have the tips of buds turn totally white. If they aren't looking albino on the tips then you are fine. What about a little lst tie down?

well its a white strain....haha so it looks bleached already.
I keep raising my lights and it keeps stretching in return. no biggie it seems to be putting energy into flowers also.
this is my test run on the rhino. I didn't want to start lsting and going nuts until I knew it was a female. I have two mothers in veg and they are both being lsted. but I think my best bet will be to run a eight plant mini sog. I started two clones in flower at 5 inches and after 11 days they are 17 inches tall. these are the strongest genetics I have had a chance to play with. once I dial it in, it will be a huge yielder.

actual footage of the rhino clones being lsted into mothers.

34_-_Copy1.jpg

the little guy in the middle? oh that's just the doctor, dr. grinspoon.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom