Massachusetts: Medical Marijuana Dispensary Now Open

Jacob Redmond

Western Massachusetts' first and only medical marijuana facility is now open in Northampton.

22News visited New England Treatment Access on Conz Street Monday. Patients are able to fill marijuana prescriptions there to treat conditions ranging from colitis to insomnia.

Marijuana treatment advocate Leslie Laurie told 22News that marijuana can also help reduce drug addiction. "Any state that has medical marijuana, we see a precipitous decline in the use of opiates. People are coming in and saying, 'I no longer have to take some of the pills I do'."

The Northampton medical marijuana center has been signing up patients for the past month.

New England Treatment Access will have a formal ribbon-cutting on Friday morning.

15419.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana Dispensary Now Open
Author: Sy Becker
Photo Credit: Damian Dovarganes

It's unfortunate that at NETA you have to sign a waiver agreeing that you will not grow no matter how far away from the dispensary you live. I live over an hour to the west of the dispensary, and I won't promise them that I won't grow. Our area is probably going to be left without a dispensary, and the drive is too much on a regular basis.

I also heard that the cops in the area raided several mmj patients 3 days BEFORE the dispensary opened stealing their plants and medicine. No charges were filed, so it wasn't in the paper.

Massachusetts has 2 ballot measures for legalization in 2016. One is corporate controlled bullshit, the other is totally legal. I hope we have the sense to Free the Weed!

Western Massachusetts' first and only medical marijuana facility is now open in Northampton.

22News visited New England Treatment Access on Conz Street Monday. Patients are able to fill marijuana prescriptions there to treat conditions ranging from colitis to insomnia.

Marijuana treatment advocate Leslie Laurie told 22News that marijuana can also help reduce drug addiction. "Any state that has medical marijuana, we see a precipitous decline in the use of opiates. People are coming in and saying, 'I no longer have to take some of the pills I do'."

The Northampton medical marijuana center has been signing up patients for the past month.

New England Treatment Access will have a formal ribbon-cutting on Friday morning.

15419.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana Dispensary Now Open
Author: Sy Becker
Photo Credit: Damian Dovarganes

It's unfortunate that at NETA you have to sign a waiver agreeing that you will not grow no matter how far away from the dispensary you live. I live over an hour to the west of the dispensary, and I won't promise them that I won't grow. Our area is probably going to be left without a dispensary, and the drive is too much on a regular basis.

I also heard that the cops in the area raided several mmj patients 3 days BEFORE the dispensary opened stealing their plants and medicine. No charges were filed, so it wasn't in the paper.

Massachusetts has 2 ballot measures for legalization in 2016. One is corporate controlled bullshit, the other is totally legal. I hope we have the sense to Free the Weed!

Signing a 'no grow' waiver is a despicable act!! That said, being on record as having visiting a Massachusetts mmj dispensary seems to put one at risk to be denied a hardship grow permit at such a time as the state starts to issue mmj grow permits. I suspect we won't really know about hardship growing standards until they happen.

In the state of Massachussetts, the courts have ruled there are no grounds for a search and no search warrants allowed to look for marijuana. Any raid of a Massachusetts grow operation by the state is an unlawful act. - So maybe those rumors are just rumors.

I wish it were rumor. It's not. I got this info from a fellow who is very involved in the politics and is friends with some of the people involved in another dispensary 100 miles away.

Signing a 'no grow' waiver is a despicable act!! That said, being on record as having visiting a Massachusetts mmj dispensary seems to put one at risk to be denied a hardship grow permit at such a time as the state starts to issue mmj grow permits. I suspect we won't really know about hardship growing standards until they happen.

In the state of Massachussetts, the courts have ruled there are no grounds for a search and no search warrants allowed to look for marijuana. Any raid of a Massachusetts grow operation by the state is an unlawful act. - So maybe those rumors are just rumors.

Back
Top Bottom