MB2 and decarbing

Guy Cavallero

Okay here I go on my next batch of cannabis oil. My question is this ..... Should I be decarbing my bud before I introduce it to my mb2 machine or not? I have heard both opinions online. Some say because the machine Heats your bud as it breaks it down it is not necessary, others say that the de-carb must be done in the oven.

Everything I've read says, "Yes." As does common sense (IMHO) - the MB2's temperature isn't high enough for rapid decarboxylation, nor is the time prolonged enough to completely ensure it at its working temperature range.

But that's not based on personal experience, as I have not had the opportunity to use my MB2, yet. I'm still in the "information gathering" stage, lol (so feel free to post your tips, uses, recipes, et cetera).

Thanks TS.. ..

I was on the manufacturer's website, of course they're going to sell a silicone de-carb box LOL...... Being said, you can use a glass Pyrex dish and put your bud in there at 250 degrees for 2 hours. They say that will be right in the sweet spot for correct decarboxylation.

I was more so wondering if anybody else had additional information..... As to whether or not the decarbing in the oven was necessary or if the decarb in the machine as it Blends was enough.....

I'm gonna stick with decarbing beforehand too. Why waste the product....man does it ever stink though lol. Thanks for the response.....

Now I know lol. My mother in law was upstairs in her room watching TV and the kids didn't get home until late that night. That being said, the kids are teenagers and they knew exactly what the smell was when they walked in the house LMAO. It's all good, I don't have to hide it too too much having a permit to grow, but the neighbors....... Not so sure they need to know about it yet LOL. Thanks for the tips buddy!

Back
Top Bottom