Medical Marijuana Goes High Class: Cannabis Featured in Fortune Magazine

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Fortune Magazine, certainly one of the most prominent high class magazines, published the article How marijuana became legal on September 15, 2009.

The story is a far cry from muggles and potheads* to this magazine article written by Roger Parloff, an admitted pot smoker of some thirty years ago (and today also).

He did his work well but I give him a B minus (I’m a retired Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology with 50 years of Cannabis research and some 4000 medical marijuana patients).

His article should be devastating to the Federal lying bureaucrats but they are hardshell liars and will shrug off the facts.

Author Parloff made some significant omissions in his article but interviewing Irv Rosenfeld, Dr. Grinspoon, Allen St. Pierre of NORML, Stephen DeAngelo of the $20 million a year Marijuana dispensary in Oakland was truly a Tour de Force.

His biggest mistake was not referring to Dr. Tod Mikuriya’s [2] book Marijuana Medical Papers 1839 – 1972. He relates ALL of Eli Lilly’s Cannabis medicine history. Jack Herer’s encyclopedic Cannabis book The Emperor Wears No Clothes and his short schrift of O’Shaugnessy, the current best Pharmacology and Therapeutic reference magazine on Cannabis/Marijuana as an excellent medicine.

He also didn’t find Granny Storm Crows outstanding reference of ALL of the medical conditions for which Cannabis/Marijuana is useful or even lifesaving.

He still puts Marinol, a very poor substitute for the real thing, as a Schedule II drug. Surprise, it is Schedule III – a glaring error.

He also minimizes the use of vaporizers while giving free advertising to the most expensive one. Good vaporizers can be bought for less than $200.

One thing in his favor; he does quote DEA Administrative Judge Francis Young's statement, “Marijuana is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man” - while castigating John C. Lawn, Administrator of the DEA, who reversed Judge Youngs decision.

I guess Mr. Lawn was a patron of the cheap liquor stores in Washington D.C.

Don’t get me wrong, this Fortune article about Legal Cannabis/Marijuana is good but it is not as good as it could be.

*'Muggles', 'Tight Like This' & 'Basin Street Blues'... 1928,
Louis Armstrong w/ Earl Hines

Salem News News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Dr. Phil Leveque
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Medical Marijuana Goes High Class: Cannabis Featured in Fortune Magazine - Salem-News.Com

Back
Top Bottom