Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under new laws?

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

did you say it cost you 350.00 just for the script from MMS?

wow, talk about Capitalism at its best, I just can't afford the amount they want for a script if that is the amount they want.
Having Crohns sucks, it makes it difficult to work most of the time.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

did you say it cost you 350.00 just for the script from MMS?

wow, talk about Capitalism at its best, I just can't afford the amount they want for a script if that is the amount they want.
Having Crohns sucks, it makes it difficult to work most of the time.
Thats correct. 350 bones.

Theres more and more clinics opening up every few months with varying costs. Oasis medical marijuana based in calgary, charges $250.

Your best bet, is to go to BC and find a doctor there. At the VERY most, you'll have to shell out $150.

Keep in mind, you still cannot grow legally until the supreme court makes a decision. But I live in ontario, where many cops have liberal views on cannabis, so I really couldn't care less if i was breaking the law for cultivating.

I live in Ontario but up north, my family Dr told me in no certain terms "I'm not going to be the first Dr. in town to start signing scripts for MM" The cops up here are anal and not forgiving at all.

I can't help thinking, these Dr. that are most likely charging the system as well as the patient for every script. My Family Dr, told me he would send any info needed to whomever I choose.

I live in Ontario but up north, my family Dr told me in no certain terms "I'm not going to be the first Dr. in town to start signing scripts for MM" The cops up here are anal and not forgiving at all.

I can't help thinking, these Dr. that are most likely charging the system as well as the patient for every script. My Family Dr, told me he would send any info needed to whomever I choose.

Sorry to hear about the dick cops where you live and your doctors silly ideologies.

The doctors through these services, don't charge the system USUALLY,i think only 2 clinics in ontario bill OHIP, but yes the patients. The issue here mainly is, doctors don't want to prescribe medical marijuana, particularly for 2 reasons.

1. Many medical colleges are against doctors prescribing marijuana for various illogical reasons. An example of this is the alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons. Doctors take this advice, instead of doing their own research.

2. Health Canada's extremely negative opinions on marijuana. Their idea is, theres no evidence to back up marijuana has medical uses. And that they should be doing everything to crack down it, regardless of how inhumane their tactics are. Because of this, doctors are more nervous to prescribe medical cannabis, fearing negative backlash in the medical community, and possibly being penalized by corrupt health canada officials.

However, doctors who are willing to risk everything realize this, so in their minds, they might as well make money off it, so in case if they do lose their doctor title, they'll have made a wad of cash to cover their jobless asses. If you think about it in a business mindset, this is actually very smart, but for patients it's shitty.

For thoes of us that think the 350.00 might be slightly out of reach, I did some research and found these people.
Canadian Cannabis Clinic
They answered my initial email very quickly and will work with my family doctor, which means I do not need to make a road-trip to get the script.
One of the best features can be found on this page Patient Information
"There are no fees to be a patient at Canadian Cannabis Clinics"

I will let you know how this pans out.

Hello Everyone. This is my first part ever. I've been reading and referring to this thread for guidance in my own mmj process over the last couple of weeks. I've learned allot and gotten allot of help from your experiences, so thank you.

I thought I'd share a couple of links which I think are relevant, about controversy heating up over kickbacks from LP's to doctors and also the crazy fees we've been charged for 'education' and referrals:

Licensed medical marijuana growers say clinics pushing for referral fees - The Globe and Mail

Greg Engel: We need a code of ethics for medical cannabis

Especially interesting is in the second article where he quotes-the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario's policy that physicians "must not charge patients or licensed producers of dried marijuana for completing the medical document, or for any activities associated with completing the medical document, including, but not limited to: assessing the patient; reviewing his/her chart; educating or informing the patient about the risks or benefits of dried marijuana; or confirming the validity of a prescription."-

good info there ottawa1987, I refused to use MMS due to their (imo) huge fees. I hope something is done about this at the federal or provincial level.
My family doctor sent my referral off last week Thursday to CCC, so I hope to hear back from the Dr in southern Ontario maybe by the end of this week. (July 10th). I will update this thread when I get more info.

good info there ottawa1987, I refused to use MMS due to their (imo) huge fees. I hope something is done about this at the federal or provincial level.

be careful what you wish for. The government has screwed things up already as is.......

I have a video appointment with BodyStream late next week. I sent them as much medical info as I had, so I'm hoping I'll get approved.

They've not asked for any money yet, just my health card, so we'll see what happens with that.

Anyone that's done the video appointment, how long did it take and what was it like?
Starr

How much is BodyStream charging these days?

I dunno. Their website says no fee, but it specifies for "completing your medical document", so I dunno if there will be some other fee, like a membership fee, like some are doing or just what.

All I know is I sent in my medical documents and their form (with a copy of my health card), as well as the form for the LP I chose and they booked the video appointment with no mention of fees yet.

Medical Marijuana - frequently asked questions |
Is there a fee?
No. There are no fees associated with completing your medical document.

I'm totally new to medical marijuana, well marijuana in general, so I don't know anything about the process other than what I've read on their website and on this forum.

Starr

The Skype appt will be about 7 minutes. They will ask you about your cannabis use, how much u use, how u use it, how often etc. If you have a legit condition youll get it no problem.

Thanks pulp for the pricing. I'll post back once I find out what they are going to charge me.

Jordan, thanks for letting me know about length. I was afraid it would be really long or something. I've never used cannabis, not recreationally, not even tried it as a teen. So I don't even know if it will work for me, never mind how much, how often etc.

I had a brain injury over 3 years ago and have had a constant headache since, its never gone away. My rehab doc has run out of options to try to reduce the pain, so I've hit the desperate point. I also have ongoing problems with fatigue and I don't sleep well due to the head pain.

So I'm hoping it will help my head pain, even a bit and help me sleep better so that maybe my fatigue will be reduced a bit. Not hoping for miracles, just any relief, because 3.5 years is a LONG time to suffer.

Starr

All I know so far is they've changed my appointment 3 times, but each time sooner, so I'm not complaining.
Tomorrow they should be sending the instructions for the video call, they no longer use Skype, apparently. They use something more secure.
Nervous about it all.
Starr

Your appt might be a bit longer if you ask them a lot of questions. But if you don't it will be short and sweet. I used Cannabis for 15 years before I received my script so I was familer with the terms he threw around. Good luck and don't be nervous. The worst Cannabis will do is put you to sleep. Let us know how it goes!

I had my video appointment, it went well. (I was more nervous about the appointment than the cannabis use). The doc was running behind so the appointment was about 45 mins late, but no big deal. He seemed like a good guy and was helpful. As was predicted, the actual appointment only took 10 mins.
He approved me for just one gram a day, since we don't know if it'll work and I've never used before and he'll reassess in 3 months.
Still ZERO charge to me, it seems like he is only billing through the health card now.
Now I just wait for Tweed to get all my paperwork and contact me.
Thanks for your hand holding support!
Starr

Glad to hear it went well. Hopefully Cannabis can provide you some relief. You should look into joining a dispensary or compassion club aswell. They sell other forms of cannabis and provide good insight into what could work for you. It's also better quality and usually cheaper then LP's.

Hey guys I'm looking to get some medical marijuana for my father, but the doctors around here are not educated on the subject. Are you really saying I can get a prescription with just a Skype call? I would like to use it for my ADHD and depression as well, yet my general practitioner says it isn't possible. Can someone help me?

Back
Top Bottom