MedPot for Grandad

Thepurplem0nkey

Ok, so my grandfather finaly got out of the hospital, and was moved into a nursing home/ rehabilitation home, since the hospital only keeps people on rehab for 2 weeks :( Anyway, he should only be at this new place for a month, if he eats and gets strong. Problem is, even though the cancer is out, he's never hungry, and he doesnt like the taste of anything.
Now, before he went into the hospital, my grandfather had tried medpot in the form of a cookie. And it worked. So I am going to talk to his doctor soon and plead my case to have him write my doctor a recomendation, and hopefully that will make my grandfather want to eat and drink again.
-PM

Thanks. Im going to be compiling all of my scientific evidcence that I have, as well as medical journals describing the benefits of med pot to people with eating disorders. If he still says "no", then I will simply ask a local physician who is sympathetic and un-afraid to recommend it. If ANYONE qualifies for med pot, its my post cancer op 85 year old grandfather who cant eat and cant taste and therefore cant gain weight!
-PM

Yea man, that would be a sad day in California if your Grandfather was denied...

I hope your grand-dad can get the recommendation, i beleive totally in the powers of herb treatment! If he cant get the reccomendation, i would like to suggest to you Megestrol Acetate. I recently took care of a patient who had Lung Cancer and didnt take to the chemo very well. He was really weak, was not eating becuause he had no appitie and he could not taste things. He called this medicine, which he took in the oral suspension form, wonder syrup. He was finally hungry for it and could taste his food. This medicine has a labled use for treatment of advanced carcinoma of the breast, but has an unlabled use of appetite stimulant. It also has little adverse affects, headache being the only one pertinent to your grand-dad!
I hope he gets the pot, we need more doctors, and nurses out there that will advocate for the pt that needs this medicine!
peace :peace:

Back
Top Bottom