Member Input Please - Lotus CFL bulb looks like a Great product?

looks good to me, great price on it. i used to use the 8U's, but found that honestly... a bunch of 23 watt cfls equaling the same wattage performed better, and 1/4 of the cost.

however, this design i can see would work much better due to the light from all angles of the bulb dont get trapped in the center, therefore not wasting a lot of light.

it would be a lot easier to keep it cool too, as the air would flow through very well for the same reasons.

with that price tag, its still more expensive than buying 23-26 watters and building your own fixture (in the long run anyways. But you might spend a little more making the actual frame etc, but the cost of replacing all the 23-26 watt ones is cheaper than buying a new lotus bulb) but, if you're not into building your own, give it a try. i could see it working quite well IMO.

If you end up buying it, do a grow journal! I'd love to see how it goes. If I wasn't goon to switch to CMH from CFL I'd probably try one out.

Hey there gona start my first grow in a week or so,i seen them bulbs 2day was thinking of picking up 2 and getting 5 23 watters i think that would be enough

tks kelev ill have a lux meter in the post by the end of the week,cant wait to start my first grow i might make a grow journal.im really new to all this so ill need all the help i can get because talking to my friends about lumen and kelvin has become a joke.

Why its the best CFL bulb? Is it a good marketing Job?
Dude any CFL at the right W and the right K will do the trick
and its better to get 3 or more coz they put out more LUX than a 23*3 bulb + you can set up the bulbs in the right location
I would really reccomend getting a LUX meter from 15$ from Ebay its a life saver when dealing with CFLs try and set the bulb to get around 50,000lux for each bud
Good lux man

im not agreeing that they are the best cfl bulb, but i can see them performing better than the 8U's. personally i'd like to give them a try, just to see how they go, but im going back to HID on my next grow. so, i wont have any use for them.

SO FAR, i'v found that the simple little 26 watters from walmart outperform the 8U's watt for watt in my experience. less waste light, but with these, the "squirrel cage" design looks like it would outperform the 8U's. so who knows, they might be better than the 26 watt bulbs from walmart(watt for watt), and they might not. can only be sure if you test em out :)

cheers

if you want to see what can be done with walmart CFL's ill be harvesting within about a week. just have to flush, which starts tomorrow. swing by my journal :)

Back
Top Bottom