Mendham Police Charge Teen With Eating Marijuana Stash While Being Pulled Over

Weedpipe

420 Member
MENDHAM BOROUGH, NJ-- A 19-year-old tried but couldn't quite get rid of his entire stash when Mendham Borough police stopped his car, police said.

Ryan Kuppersmith, of Long Hill, was pulled over for an obstructed rear-view mirror as he turned from Cold Hill Road onto Route 24 at 10:58 a.m. on Thursday, according to Detective Christopher Gobbi.

Kuppersmith did not pull over immediately and was observed fidgeting in the vehicle, Gobbi said.

Patrolman Chris Hopf approached the vehicle and detected the odor of marijuana.

Hopf, while speaking with the driver, also noticed that Kuppersmith had marijuana stuck in his teeth and along his gums.

"It was determined that he had eaten the marijuana," Gobbi said.

Kuppersmith was charged with being under the influence of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of marijuana under 50 grams, possession of drug paraphernalia, hindering prosecution, obstructing administration of law, possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle, obstructed view and failure to exhibit proper documents.

He was released pending a court hearing.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: New Jersey On-Line
Contact: New Jersey Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NJ.com
Copyright: 2009 New Jersey On-Line
Website:Mendham police charge teen with eating marijuana stash while being pulled over

MENDHAM BOROUGH, NJ-- A 19-year-old tried but couldn't quite get rid of his entire stash when Mendham Borough police stopped his car, police said.

Ryan Kuppersmith, of Long Hill, was pulled over for an obstructed rear-view mirror as he turned from Cold Hill Road onto Route 24 at 10:58 a.m. on Thursday, according to Detective Christopher Gobbi.

Kuppersmith did not pull over immediately and was observed fidgeting in the vehicle, Gobbi said.

Patrolman Chris Hopf approached the vehicle and detected the odor of marijuana.

Hopf, while speaking with the driver, also noticed that Kuppersmith had marijuana stuck in his teeth and along his gums.

"It was determined that he had eaten the marijuana," Gobbi said.

Kuppersmith was charged with being under the influence of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of marijuana under 50 grams, possession of drug paraphernalia, hindering prosecution, obstructing administration of law, possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle, obstructed view and failure to exhibit proper documents.

He was released pending a court hearing.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine
Source: New Jersey On-Line
Contact: New Jersey Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NJ.com
Copyright: 2009 New Jersey On-Line
Website:Mendham police charge teen with eating marijuana stash while being pulled over

I'm sure young Kuppersmith, in hopes of improving his chances at his upcoming court hearing is currently scrambling to secure a NJ med card. As I understand it, the law wont take effect for at least a year. Dont you just hate being early for a party?

[New Jersey became the 14th state to establish protections for patients who use cannabis on the advice of their doctors. The "New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act" signed into law by Governor Jon Corzine shields qualified patients from arrest and prosecution for possession and transportation, and mandates distribution of medical cannabis by state-regulated "Alternative Treatment Centers." As the 11th most populous state in the nation, New Jersey is the third largest state to pass medical cannabis legislation, after California and Michigan]

"Kuppersmith was charged with being under the influence of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of marijuana under 50 grams, possession of drug paraphernalia, hindering prosecution, obstructing administration of law, possession of a controlled dangerous substance in a motor vehicle, obstructed view and failure to exhibit proper documents."

Congratulations Patrolman Hopf, dude. Knowing the law was going into effect, was this your way of voicing your disagreement? Take a 19 year old kid and saddle him with a record for the rest of his life when the law(s) where about to change anyway? How proud you must be. One more score for the home team eh? Patrolman Of The Month? Well, you may carry a gun but I find you to be a very, small man..:peace: MF

Damn Patrolman dude, ya sure ya got everything? With the new Med Law, the state of New Jersey is going to save a bundle alone just on ink pens issued to cops

its gonna be the old "we will drop this and this and that if you plead guilty to the rest of it ... :peace:

its gonna be the old "we will drop this and this and that if you plead guilty to the rest of it ... :peace:

My apologies Weed...The more I thought about it, the more I felt how senseless and cowardly Patrolman Kopf's judgements were and completely fail to understand his reasoning/actions, given the circumstances. Hence, the revision...:peace: MF

It's usually a case of big badge little weenie! I was too small to be a bully in school but I got a badge now so watch out !! :peace: MF :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom