MH/HPS Lamp Orientation

Afghani-Stan

Greetings,

If I'm on a budget and want to flower with a 400w MH and a 400w HPS, is there any particular position they should be oriented? Would it be wise to change the lamp positions daily? Thanks!

Well hard to say...

Depends on reflector design, if it is more rectangle than square then their might be a light foot print change ! this could be related to the bulb size as in wattage & the increased height you may wish to hang reflector/buld to prevent heat/burn issue's

Over total area of which you require to provide averge or optimal lighting !

I really appreciate everyone's time here. I've read that by using both a 4K MH lamp and a 2K HPS lamp during flowering it increases bud denseness, quality and quantity too. I worry that some flowers will receive the correct light spectrum while others do not. Maybe a sun circle would solve the problem.

Well depends on how much room you have to hang your lights ? & might have to hang em at angle to make sure you get a good light foot print from each bulb mh/hps over the area...

Heat is going to be an issue also & would suggest using air cooled hoods or having decent ventilation system set up !

I've seen some people use MH combined with HPS through out flowering... not truly seen any real difference tho as its bit hard to tell from a load of pic's.

Also heard of people using MH for the last 2 weeks of flowering, this appearently increase's resin production... never seen it used tho.

Their is always dual spectrum HPS also which sunmaster, grolux & i believe philips do a CMH dual spec...

I get perfectly good results with a grolux dual spec 400w bulb...

005913.JPG
0011077.JPG
005910.JPG

Back
Top Bottom