Misting!can It Do Yur Plants Harm/

tat2gee

my reason for asking is because i tend to miist my girl any chance i get but ive been wonderingif it does her any good or harm?

So to answer the question: I routinely mist my plants with no side effects whatsoever. They seem to like it. Just dont overwater your plants and you will be fine. One note of caution though, I would stop misting once they start flowering as that could cause mold problems. Oh and one other thing, misting will raise the humidity level temporarily so make sure your ventilation is working. I'm not an expert by any means but I have done a few grows and it works for me. Hope that helps.

In continuation of my previous post, I forgot to add that misting alone will not give enough water to the roots so you need to be adding water to the soil also. Just be carefull not to overwater. That was one of my biggest mistakes when I first started.

Or you could just use the search option in the main toolbar up top. A quick answer though is yes it can but generally does not. You are generally advised to mist at night or right befor the lights go out. The reasoning is if there are beads of water on the leaves they can magnify the light and actually burn your plant some times. I personally have never had this problem but it can happen. Mist when the lights go out or during the dark cycle.

without adequate ventilation the water droplets can magnify the light and burn the plants. A oscilating fan can help dry the drop before the light can do any damage. Another option is to wait a minute or two then gently shake off the excess droplets of water. I do this with my outdoor plants after it rains. Misting can help by cleaning the stomata which aids in uptake of nutrients, and co2.

Back
Top Bottom