Mold on my buds and new CBD seeds!

cannabifreak

Hi guys!
For some time now I have not come here to the forum.
When I started planting cannabis, I was looking for a medicinal plant that would provide me with well-being and relaxation.
The first experiment I did last year went well and I was able to learn the basics of how to plant cannabis.

Over the years I have acquired a very low tolerance to THC and so I decided to opt for CBD richer Cannabis.
Last year I opted for cannabis Chocolate Skunk Feminized CBD .. in the market it was at a low price and as I had no experience
I decided to try. The Chocolate Skunk CBD has a ratio of 1:1 THC CBD and i thought it would be a good plant for me.

When I tried to smoke this plant I was a bit disappointed because I noticed that it still had a high amount of THC and that
I still felt quite the feeling of being High with the sense of paranoia (sometimes). However I found that the amount of CBD in the plant provided some balance.

Anyway, because i was disappointed, i stopped smoking and did not properly made the correct maintenance to the buds (curing process) and they ended up staying a long time inside the jars and ended up having some Mold.
There is some buds that do not have mold but many of them have not been so lucky.
1st Question:
Do you think I should put all the buds in the trash or is it ok to keep the buds that do not have mold ???????

This year I will try to plant another plant. I will try Dinamed CBD Plus Feminized and Dinamed CBD Feminized which contain a high value of CBD (15 to 20%) and a very low THC value (0.5 to 1%).
2nd Question:
Do you have any thoughts on those plants ?? Any opinion??

This time if i still have low tolerance to those plants, I think I will give up planting more cannabis.
It is just not for me!! lol :) :rolleyes:

best regards

cannabifreak

Sorry to hear about your mold problem. The mold spores are carried in the air so I would think that the whole jar that you found the mold in would be tainted. Maybe removing the visible mold and making an oil out of the rest may be an option. Oils may help with your intake for relaxation as well. The amount can be micro dosed up to the limit where you start to feel a little out of sorts. I'm sure a few more, on here, will chime in and help out a little more.

Thats a good idea. I have seen some youtube videos and its not that difficult to extract the oil.
I will definitely try!! Nothing to loose!
thanks bluenoserjoe

Mold definitely sucks..
You should toss the buds with visible mold on them,and then wash the remaining buds with hydrogen peroxide(3% drugstore stuff) to kill any spores and mold that you didn't see.

Wash and dry the jars out,and be sure all the peroxide has dried off the buds before putting them back into the jars.

Also you may want to get some Boveda humidipaks to put in the jars-58's for long term storage
and 62's for the jar that you're smoking out of.

They'll keep the moisture level below what mold requires to grow.
The peroxide may wash out some of the flavor,but it won't affect the potency.

Hi carcass. Thanks for the response.

I was thinking making an oil with all of the buds.
Do i really have to remove the ones with the mold to do the extraction?? Cant i make it with all of the buds? The mold is just some dots in some few buds.. its not like a white web all over it!!
The pictures above show an example!!

Is it bad to do an extraction with buds that have mold ?
What can happen to a person if it drinks that oil ?

Thanks.
Regards
cannabifreak

I didn't know you'd decided on extraction for sure-my advice was mostly for smoking.

I don't really know if using the moldy buds for extraction would be ok or not-

I'd use them if it were me in that situation,but I'd wash them with peroxide first,to kill any potentially harmful uglies -figuring if I don't want to smoke it,I wouldn't want to eat or vape it,either.

Thanks carcass for the response. I am hopping that with oil its less THC potent. What do you think ?
I make infused oil also and if you make a large enough batch you can figure out what dosage you like best. But you'll have to keep upping the dose a little at a time until you find out your threshold

Back
Top Bottom