Money With Marijuana Odor Leads To Drug Bust

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Sheriff's drug detectives raided a Spokane Valley home Monday and discovered a marijuana growing operation and nearly two pounds of harvested buds.

What led them to the home was the bank deposit earlier in the day of $2,300 in cash that reeked of cannabis.

Sgt. Chris Kehl said the bank called the sheriff's office and told them of the odiferous deposit. Detective Shawn Hause drove there and identified the aroma as that of freshly grown dope.

Hause and Deputy Jeff Shover identified the depositor as 18-year-old Daniel C. Obannon. They drove to his home at 4704 S. Highway Court, knocked on the door and were greeted by his brother, Shawn R. Obannon, 21.

Daniel wasn't home, and Shawn refused the investigators entry into the residence from which there was wafting the odor of fresh marijuana. A search warrant was written, granted and executed about 4:30 p.m.

Inside, detectives found about 20 starter marijuana plants growing beneath the stairwell in the basement. They found a quart jar full of harvested buds and packaging materials in Daniel's room.

In another bedroom that Shawn shares with his 20-year-old wife, detectives found 1 ½ lb. of harvested buds and more packaging materials. They also found a plastic bag containing 50 tablets of the pain medication hydrocodone.

A half-ounce bag of buds was on the kitchen counter as well. Brother Daniel never returned to the home.

Kehl said Shawn Obannon was arrested for Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Deliver and booked into the Spokane County Jail.

Daniel Obannon was not located and is now wanted for Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver. He faces a second felony for the possession of the hydrocodone.

The wife and the suspects' mother were not arrested and were left at the home with the family's five dogs.

The $2,300 in dope dollars was seized from the bank as evidence.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: MSNBC.COM
Copyright: 2009 Microsoft
Website: Money with marijuana odor leads to police to drug bust - KHQ-TV- msnbc.com

This happened where i live. I don't understand why this keeps happening. This is about the third time i have heard of something going down like this. It's really a dumb way to get in trouble.

they make good products for removing odor, but I had always heard never keep money and weed together! How can we ever get our message across when so much dumb stuff happens?
we just keep on keepin' on. the reason for posting this was to educate those who don't know any better.

Back
Top Bottom