Moving Plants In A DWC

StarDuster

What up fellas and of course gals :grinjoint: I would like to make more room in my DWC because the plants are to close together. Move a few of them around. . Must you pull out the entire plant with the roots ? Or can I just chop at the base and leave the roots? I would think not. The problem is the roots are all twisted with the other plants and they really seem like they are all growing together ? I pulled pretty hard and backed off because I did not want to screw anything up 4 weeks into Veg. I don't want to stress out the other ones by yanking on roots ? Any advice would be very much appreciated. :thanks::peace:

I've cut down a few mothers in a system full of mothers in the past and left the stem and roots in the system without having any problems. Normally I would recommend removing all roots from removed plants because of the possibility of the roots breaking down and basically rotting in your resevoir. But, like I said, I have not experienced any problems leaving it well enough alone.

stix, as always, :thanks: That makes feel more at ease. I guess moving plants around to create more room then would be out of the question unless I can get all of the roots because that would kill the plant correct ?

Also, I trimmed the 2 big leaves from the 1st 2nd and a few from the third nodes to create more room for all the new growth underneath. Did I screw up ? I hope not. I know that the leaves act as solar energy for the plant but I heard it was ok to do during early stages of Veg but not while flowering until very late when the leaves are yellow so the buds can get more resin. The plants are around 6 inches tall. I await your wisdom Stix and anyone else as well. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom