My Area has banned high phosphorus ferts.. help

Padox

Hey everyone. Just getting to the business end of grow, just started to flower outdoors. Origionally wanted to keep my grow organic but recently decided it wasnt working for me. Where i live there is a ban on high phosphorous fetilisers. even when using chemical liquid ferts. I do have pk 13-15 fromwhen i grow hydro. question is can i use this in soil and if so how? my current flowering fert is npk 13-2.5-23 and veg fert was npk 24-1-15. do i use the pk13-14 on is own or mix in in small doses with other ferts?

If you keep using that kind of high NPK fertilizers you're gonna end up with low Brix and probably shitty tasting bud. You do not really have to raise P significantly in flowering, the trick is to provide equal source of NPK throughout the grow, but without going balls out on potassium and nitrogen later on. If you grow directly in the ground you should till soil and add all the amendments before. I mean then you can really use everything organic and it's gonna work. But if you are for constantly pushing the plants with chemical ferts, then obviously you need to analyze how much you give them. I dunno man, cause I never grew this way, but if you're looking for an organic fertilizer high in phosphorus, this is bat guano, which you have to start adding to the soil very early, so it can start being releases in the early summer.

thanks conradino! good to know phosphorous isnt everything. main reason for going chemical is even organic nutrients high in P are pretty much impossible to come by. you think using the fruit/flower nutes on a weekly basis and a touch of pk13-14 once a fortnight for a bit? Ive just heardof people saying too much nitrogen during flower will create leafy buds and the 'flower' nutes i can get my hands on are still 13-2.5-23. to me that says pk13=14 will bump the already high K reading through the roof... or maybe im thinking too deep. Plants have been getting solid feeds but not showing any signs of stress. I Buffer ph with dolomite lime but other than that i just make sure they get some good plain water between feeds

It's really hard for me to say how they're gonna react, but lower potassium levels in flowering improve micronutrient intake and up the Brix. The highest P fertilizer I ever used was bat guano (15), and the only time I tried to raise nitrogen level in potting mix I ended up with slightly fluffier budz with larger calyxes, but with worse taste.

Back
Top Bottom