My First Grow Box

JerseyCityHaz

whats good my people, with the economy the way it is, i decide to try to cut some of my own costs and MJ $$ each month was a little high, so got the idea of producing my own.

Helped by the inspiration of Statlogic's and his Grow Box contruction thread, I began my venture. Box going to be 2'x4'x6' box and ordered a HID Hut 400W HPS/MH Digital Ballast, a HID Hut Large Air Cooled Reflector. Is this Light any good? closet is just about together and ready to plant this weekend.\

Few questions:
I purchased this Stone Wool or is is Rock Wool cube cause they were on sale lol but not sure if I should use. Can anyone help? Do I still germinate with this cude or do I just drop into this cube. Basically not too sure how to use this and if I should. I picked up some Hydroton clay pebbles as my grow medium.

For my exhaust/Intake - I was planning on totally isolating the light from the grow space via a shelf with a hole cut into it for the light to shine thru as my light has a glass covering the light and the reflector that its housed in, so was going to run flex ducting from the grow space up thru the light space and attach an in-line fan blowing thru the light and out of the other end again with flex ductin leading out of the box. Does that sound like it would work? will this inline fan actually suck air from the grow space as I push air toward it with a fan that I plan on seting up on the inside the box and another fan blowing in from the bottom of the box "Passive Intake" i believe they call it. Does that sound like it will work in concept?

Air purification I havent resolved yet, was going to see how bad it got LOL. recommendations?

Well let me go, SORRY for the long thread, I just want to get it right

Back
Top Bottom