my hydroponic setup

grape-ape420

for my hydroponic set up im using a 2ft wide, 3ft long, 7inch tall planter tray putting probably 4 plants in. using rockwool and clay rocks. 12 gallon resevoir, waterpump, fill and drain set up. using advance nutrients if i can figure out the amounts to mix. im building a grow box 3.5ft length, 2.5ft wide and 6.5ft tall. as far as the reflectiing goes im using ultra white semi-gloss paint. annnnd ill be using a 400w hps. and for ventilation a 180 cfm exhaust fan and a 12" circulating wall mount fan... and thats all for now, looking for any suggestions on anything else id need or anything at all???

yeah a grow box, or like a grow cabinet basically. and the carbon filter.. isnt that basically just for the smell outside the box? cuz thats what i thought, if so thats not problem. is it alright to grow without?

hmm well any suggestions on what kind of filter? quiet one if possible?

Hit up Ebay my friend they have all you need and at better prices than most hydro shops!

well i have an 180cfm squirrel cage exhaust fan, would it work if i got a carbon filter and just hooked that up to the squirrel cage fan?

I just reminded myself to do my first hydro on a concrete floor to cool the res. I was thinking I would just let the tubes circle on the floor till it cooled to the right temp, then up to feed. all you would have to do to raise or lower the temp would be more or less feet of tube on the floor :)

^^ Thats a damn good idea Boss...

Grape Ape, sounds like you have a plan. You came tot he right place to get some help!!! (Great strain you chose as a name btw)

hmm i never thought about that.. do you want the water in the resevoir to be not hot not cold but in the middle?

You don't want your reservoir temps over 70 or under 60 degrees fahrenheit. Any hotter and algea can grow and cause root rot and plug up things and any colder and the plants stop growing and become stunted.

Read the links at the bottom of Joes posts to see what the screens are for.

yeah im going to have to read it like 5 more times to really get it down, i dont wana mess anything up but i think im gonna give it a try. now i just need to find that screen

question joe, since im using a 3.5ftx2.5ft space and im using a screen how many plants is a good idea to fit in there? i was gonna do 4 would that work?

Back
Top Bottom