My plant is too tall...help

EL MAGNIFICO

my plant is too tall. my flowering enviornment can only accommidate a 27" tall plant. But my plant is already 28" tall, and only has fan leaves. It is 46 days old. Can I chop the top and clone it? Will the bottom portion just "fill out" ?

one more thing, my last plant was taken from the vegetative state at 25" tall, and grew to 32". so for sure 27" should be my max.

Give us some more info: lighting, number of plants, grow room size, strain of plants, etc.

the vegetative area is literally a kitchen cabinet without the counter on top. 48"long x24" wide. I shelving brackets use the slelving arms to support a 250w Metal Hallide fixture, that can grow plants 6' tall, i built a "aerogarden" type of thing. I have 2 plants in that area. I do not know the strain, my guy just tells me some strawberry hybrid? one is 28" tall and the other one is 19" or 20". I would post pics, but I don't know how?

In the future with a vertical space of 27", I would do a 12/12 grow from start and top early. You can bend the hell out of your plant; its just a weed.

You can put a screen at your max height so the plant doesn't reach the light. You may need some side lighting for the bottom part of the plant.

You can cut the plant with sterile scissors or roll the stem between your fingers where you would make your cut till the inside is crushed. It will fall down and form a knuckle. This part of the plant will still be alive, but won't produce much. I believe the technique is called super cropping.

Thanks fellow growers! I just came from the grow shop and the guy tells me that I can cut the top and clone it, and the two arms left will grow their own branches, so I could get 2 big buds from the top...seems like win win. Because i want to clone it anyways, and instead of taking the little guys from the bottom. I skim a larger area from the top, kinda putting me ahead. and the guy gave me some stuff Vit B (I think) to give the plants, because it helps minimize the shock to the main stalk...

Back
Top Bottom