My plants look sick! Help needed!

Caper92

Hi everyone. I am on my first grow. I spend two weeks at a time away from my plants because of work. So I have my roommate water them while I am gone. But when I returned this morning my plants looked sick. I am growing 3 plants and 2 out of the 3 don't look good. The leaves are yellowing and drooping considerably. And when I walked into the room it didn't smell right. I believe the 2 sick looking plants are OG kush And the other is white widow. I want to say it is root rot but I don't know for sure. I am using an organic soil with earth juice bloom and grow. And a 180w led grow light. I might have improper drainage as I am not using perilite or anything of the sort. Just soil. I turned my lights back to a 12/12 schedule on January 2nd. So my plants are in the budding stage. Now I have heard of the fan leaves turning yellow in the later stages of budding. Could this be a possibility? They look generally unhealthy though. I need to know what you guys think and what my next moce should be. Thanks
20150225_124226.jpg
20150225_123534.jpg
20150225_124310.jpg
20150225_124447.jpg

pH? Soil nutrient solution when feeding should be 6.5 pH.

I'm not a soil grower, but I would flush them, and give them fresh nutrient solution.

What nutrients have you been feeding? It looks like N deficiency, or maybe pH lockout. Are you supplement Cal/Mag? Fill this out if you can

How many plants? What Kind?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your pH like, both medium and nutes?
What's the NPK of all your nutes?
How often are you feeding with nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule ...

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3121.jpeg

What nutrients have you been feeding? It looks like N deficiency, or maybe pH lockout. Are you supplement Cal/Mag? Fill this out if you can

How many plants? What Kind?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your pH like, both medium and nutes?
What's the NPK of all your nutes?
How often are you feeding with nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule ...

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3121.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. My seeds were planted Nov 2 and I switched my lighting to 12/12 on jan 2nd. I have 3 plants in a closet about 2x5.5x8. At 50% humidity and 64 degrees usually. My plants are OG kush and White Widow. But I dont know which is which. I am growing indoors in 5 gal buckets. And I am using an orgamic pro-grow soil. I use a 180w LED about 20-24 inches from the tops of the plants. Now my watering/feeding schedule is pretty basic. I have just been feeding them about once a week with Earth Juice Bloom(0-3-1) and Grow(2-1-1) At medium strength. And I don't know what the ph of my soil or nute mixture Is. I pre mix my nutes and water the night before feeding to try and level out the PH. I tried flushing the plants tonight so I will see what tomorrow brings.

I'd guess from the looks, they have been over watered. The soil should not have a strong odor.

If you had a nutrient problem, the leaf color problems would be more consistent across the plants.

Trim off the sick leaves and make sure there's air circ under the pots too.

You should wait to water until the pots have lost most of their weight.

Did you drill holes in the bottom of those buckets before planting?
Not enough drainage = stagnant soil = root issues

Re-pot them in buckets with lots of drain holes, add some fresh soil and go easy on the watering. They may recover.

My wife suggested that you might have already drilled holes in the bottom but they are now probably stopped up with roots. Stick a pencil or a drill bit up the holes and make sure they are draining properly. MJ does not like having wet feet so lots of drain holes is better than just a few.

Thanks for the help guys. My buckets do have drain holes. But I looked at them today and seen some roots coming through them. So I am going to replant in fresh soil and make some more drain holes like you guys suggest.

you should always use your grow feed up until after the stretch at least 3 weeks after flipping , they look hungry for Nitrogen they use a lot when they stretch and making budding sites , id feed them grow then go back to bloom , the leaves will not turn green again but it will stop it spreading , ive seen me give my plant grow nutes half way through flower , just one feed

good luck

Looks like over-watering that also flushed nutes.....increase airflow/temp just a little...this will promote transpiration and evaporation---drying your soil out a little...then water with mild nute solution at 1:blushsmile:1 NPK....transplant at this stage is not something I would advise. Those buds look to be just a few weeks from finishing. Those leaves will not survive, cut them off. It won't help anything but it looks nicer and brings the panic factor down a little. good luck! ;-)

Trig

Back
Top Bottom