My Representative's Response To My Support Of HR 2943

Thought i would share a response that i recieved from my congressman regarding my support for HR 2943.

The bill still shows to be in committee even after almost a year. It’s time that our elected officials start taking action on this issue!

“Thank you for contacting me regarding the legalization of marijuana. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

The United States is fighting a costly war against drugs, in terms of dollars and lives that are irrevocably changed by this modern day scourge. It is my opinion that any legalization of substances such as marijuana will undermine the ongoing efforts by the drug enforcement community to curb this epidemic that has consumed so many Americans. Marijuana is a controlled substance and legalizing or relaxing criminal penalties will only open the doors for further illegal activities.

I will continue to support efforts on the part of the federal government to interdict drug shipments into the United States, pursue individuals that violate U.S. drug laws, provide adequate treatment to individuals addicted to drugs, and support public education campaigns that warn against the perils of illegal drug use. The federal, state, and local governments must work together on all these fronts to slow the flow of drugs into the U.S. and to lower the demand in this country for illegal substances.

Again, thank you for taking time to contact me. I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. Please feel free to visit my website or contact me with any future concerns.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX.
Member of Congress”

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Alternet
Author: aquaticclay
Copyright: 2010 Alternet

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom