My root just dropped!

SnaFu, I agree and what amazes me is, I brewed the ZHO and the aquadhield in the rez first, and there was a white film which told me that some bennies were reacting, no root rot or slime nothing. The roots weren't pearly white but they had defeated those bad bacteria causing that root slime, I know this because when the temp rises to 74, there was no sign of it at all. I know now that I have to brew separate. Its a need in order to fix my pH problem.

N3mp0- for me its more about the educational view, I could be in flowering with a nice plant and still not feel as successful if i feel im not being patient enough with my trial an error didn't take place, if that makes any sense. My roots aren't that crispy white still, but I see the thin hairs start to unfold from the roots which tells me good news, but I know once these bennies are properly brewed, I know I'll have everything I need to become a successful DWC grower.

photo576.JPG

She's gotten much bushier but new growth is deformed due to pH, bennies will be begun to brew tnite, but otherwise root health is ok. LST'd because taping leaves to the bucket sides did its job.

hey is this a autoflower? lol i dont think mine will get this big o.o thats awesome bro. how many G's do you think itll grow???

Hey man, not this girl requires a photoperiod, The Doctor from Greenhouse seeds, fem, so I'm just letting her go, time is on my side and I'm just seeing how dwc works since this is my first attempt!

Back again, and with some question for my bennies. I seem to still have a rising pH. As I checked today after it being a few days after getting it to 6.1, I did bump up the ppm from 250 to 700, I could tell it was an aggressive change, but she took it with some leaf curl and very minor burn.

Now this morning I check my pH and its rising at around 7.5 and I'm not understand what's going on. The bennies obviously work, the heat flux that ran up to 76f degrees yesterday didn't cause any harm, shock, or rot at all. New healthy roots shooting down to the bottom as well, and the girl is looking healthy...
What should or do I need to do?
This morning I,
I drained out 2\3 of high pH water with 700 ppm
Replaced with 2 gallons of Poland spring Distilled water which is pH of 5,2
And left it like that, the water level is higher, nearly touching the bottom Of the net pot as of right now. The ppm from the beginng went down to 350 but the pH only dropped a few.

Now over the the course of time, since the last posting, I've also changed my air pump and Stone, doubling if not tripling the amount of oxygen given, because I know for a fact before, wasn't enough.
With that said, pH continuing to rise...
Are bennies not brewed proper? Because a proper brew stays at 5.8
Is it in fact pythium from way back when?
is it something else I'm not thinking of?
Or should I leave her alone?- idk how but this morning she's much greener taking in cal mag I guess from nutes? But how again with that? Rise from the 6.1 to high 7 pH? Just trying get it all in at once.
Thanks guys.

Just from reading SnaFu's post with his confidence of the bennies, it has to be that, unless its time for new bennies! That might be it,
How can you tell in your res that you're bennies are dying off? Could pH flux going up be that after say 2 weeks of using the same brewed bennies?

To clear some things up, my system is 4 plants in 150 L of recirculating water. I'll add a half litre of tea every 3 days, and i have no ph flux. In a smaller bubbler system it's possible as different nutes get used the ph would drift more than in a system with more water. Or perhaps the tea itself is changing your ph, depending on how much you add. I am now PHing my water before making the tea, so it's at 5.8 when it's done brewing and i add to the res.

With that said, i also keep a mother plant in a 5g bucket with 1 airstone. This system is MUCH more finicky! After a water change i'll wait for the chlorine to bubble away before adding tea. Around 12 hours. At this point i always have to re-ph to 5.8. It'll be back at 7. Then add tea. 12 hours later it's up around 6.5. One more ph down to 5.8, add more tea, and it'll stay at 5.8-6.0 until i change the water next week.

In this system i change the water every week as i've seen problems at the 13 day mark.

Couple things to consider:
dirty airstones are not good for making tea. Start with bad bacteria and feed them, end with really bad bacterial tea!

airstones cleaned with bleach, will kill all the microbes for days. I use new airstones pretty often. Been trying to find a better way of cleaning em!

Back
Top Bottom