My Seedlings

Maryganja

Hi, I'm new to the site and new to growing.

I have just recently purchased some blackberry seeds. I have germinated 6/6 of them which is great and it only took two days :) Now that the roots are about an inch long, I have transferred them into a pot. I was just wondering what should I do next? should I move them outside until I see them sprout out of the ground? I don't have any lamps in my house eaither so I'm not sure what I can do if I need to put them under a lamp.

Please respond asap. I'm in great need of some help.

Thanks very much.

are you planing on growing them outside or in?
if inside then your gonna need to get some lights.

Im planning to grow outdoors. I live in Canada, Vancouver. I have just finished germinating my seeds so they have not sprouted its two first leafs yet. Could you tell me if you think im doing good so far? or will my plant die out before it gets to see the sun?

Outside in Vancouver... Starting in late June? A little late in the the season, eh? I normally start my outdoor seedlings inside under florescents to hardy them up before moving them outside. I did this 2 months ago actually.

i agree with dirty.. if you start them now you will get a little bit, just like if you were starting in 12/12.
....or try inside if you can.

well the site that i bought my seeds from said that they flower in mid august. approx. 7 weeks, so i thought that it would be good to start now. If the information on the site was false, how much would I yield when the time to harvest comes?

I was also wondering if there was any possible way to keep my seeds as they are and still be able to use them in the nearby future. Like if there was anyway to store my seeds even though I've already germinated them.

well the site that i bought my seeds from said that they flower in mid august. approx. 7 weeks, so i thought that it would be good to start now. If the information on the site was false, how much would I yield when the time to harvest comes?

I was also wondering if there was any possible way to keep my seeds as they are and still be able to use them in the nearby future. Like if there was anyway to store my seeds even though I've already germinated them.

It may not be that ther website was false.. it might have been an innocent misinterpretation.. flower time is not overall plant growing time =P when they say 7/8 weeks they don't factor the vegetative time as well. No website does. But usually if space permitsd u veg 1,2,3 and up to 6 months or even more if you'd like. But u compute your time accordingly so in your case you'd still be harvesting in mid august

Id say jus get some lights and grow it indoors.. if its dooable =)

so you'r telling me that I could've planted it any month i wanted too? or is there a certain month that I should start at? I always thought that I could only plant it on a certain month or else the plant would die. fuck.. what a waste..

so how much do you think i'd be yielding per plant once it's done flowering?
and blackberry is supposedly to reach 7ft tall but since im starting late, how tall do you think my plant would be? I was wondering because I wanted to know if hiding my plant outdoors would be a problem.

And I don't think I'd be able to do it indoors. I can't do it at my place thats for sure, and I have no idea where I would be able to do it elsewhere.

there is a certain time, about 2 months ago...now is ok, now the light is starting to change to flowering cycle. it hard to say how much you will get it really depends.. they won't get as big now that you are starting later.. hiding them would be a little easier.

there is a certain time, about 2 months ago...now is ok, now the light is starting to change to flowering cycle. it hard to say how much you will get it really depends.. they won't get as big now that you are starting later.. hiding them would be a little easier.

Ummm.. he's on the right track.. but there is no certain time..
You can very well plant ur plant this late if u wanted to.. it more so affects yield than potency given that you take care of your plants..

Your plant will probably get no bigger than 3 feet, but I've heard of flower only cycles growing to 4 feet+. Unlikely seeing as this is ur first grow tho so don't worry about the height so much.. but just keep in mind for later on that if u want a 7 foot plant, its going to have to veg for a bit...

I would look into scrog-ing if I were you.. that should maximize your yield and I've never heard anyone say it couldn't be done outsidr..

just another question

do you think that if i didnt give it nutes and all that that it would still be able to grow and flower? or are nutes a must. Like can I just be able to grow my plants by just simply watering it everytime the soil gets dry?

I wouldn't even take that approach.. especially outside, it will need nutes.. dude if you get a little tight on cash.. u could even get some cheap plant food and fert. $20 could get u plant food for both cycles and some blood meal and bone meal... it may noy be the best nutes u can attain for your plants.. but still better than nothin and would def get you some smokeable bud

Sir or Miss, general principles of growing any plant apply to MJ. There's good dirt, and there's not so good dirt. That kind of thing leads to digging stuff into the dirt to make it good. Lotsa guides to horticultural husbandry.

Put them in a pot with potting soil, and set them in a sunny spot indoors or out. Look back on them real regular at first. Easy does it. They sprouted, there's no going back, welcome to the party!

what kind of fertilizer should i get because i dont live nearby any gardening shops. I'm not to shabby about taking the bus around town and bringing the equipment home. There's a corner store beside my house and i think they sell nutes but i'm not sure what kinds i should get.

maryganja looks like your a newbie in to this and you sound awfully desperate? looks like you should of done your homework before germinating those seeds but dont sweat it...you germinated your seeds thats the most important step, next its the soil. The soil that i use is miracle grow it works quite well. Has enough food to help the plants grow throu the veg. stage. I highly recommend you growing your lil weed plants indoors for the next 2 weeks, for lighting i use CFL's they are cheap too and do a good job. Light schedule of 18 hours light, 6 darkness . After the 2 weeks pass, the plants are strong enough to handle the climate outside. Put them in a place where they get the most direct light for long periods of time, more is better. If the strain is known to grow tall and you cant grow them in your garden because of the law then i guess you can try growing them plants "guerrilla style" on a hill side, far from population. Wish ya luck!

Back
Top Bottom