My very own grow soon, help wanted!

coir is compressed. you add ph ballanced water and it expands into a soil-like consistancy. It contains no nutrients though. Most people consider it soilless grow media or hydroponic substrate. I agree with Orangeblood that you should try foxfarm or similar soil (at least for the most part) in your garden. If your going to use Coir I would recommend trying a few on the sidelines. It's more difficult than soil, but certianly has it's upsides.

Orangeblood---Your getting it for $18 a bag you must live west of denver huh? It seems that in general the shops sell it for more depending how far east you go due to the incorporation of shipping costs into the final retail pricing. HMMmmmmmmm.....

coir is compressed. you add ph ballanced water and it expands into a soil-like consistancy. It contains no nutrients though. Most people consider it soilless grow media or hydroponic substrate. I agree with Orangeblood that you should try foxfarm or similar soil (at least for the most part) in your garden. If your going to use Coir I would recommend trying a few on the sidelines. It's more difficult than soil, but certianly has it's upsides.

Orangeblood---Your getting it for $18 a bag you must live west of denver huh? It seems that in general the shops sell it for more depending how far east you go due to the incorporation of shipping costs into the final retail pricing. HMMmmmmmmm.....

My supply shop buys it several pallets at a time and sells it at suggested retail cost + 10% off to regular customers.
We're not too far east or west of Denver down here in the Lone Star State

After reading quite a few articles from different sources, there seems to be something going on with the LED's. Everyone says they're pretty dang good... they smack your output up there and you get way healthier plants. My only concern is the money. Should a first time grower like me use LED's or is it not worth my money since I might screw it up? I expect varied responses... I've seen quite a few opinions on this. ;)

Updated and Organized for when I make a journal! Also added a grow map.

I will try to update my journal daily after it gets going. Still setting up and Tweaking things here and there. Reading, learning. Just trying to get it perfect! :grinjoint:

After I get going I will be starting the SoG method.

Heres some basic info:

What Strain is it?

White Widow

White Widow is the most potent cannabis on Earth and is named for the abundance of trichomes, giving the plant a whitish tint. It is also one of the more powerful strains of marijuana (alongside AK-47 and Afghan Kush) with a very high 20%-25% THC content.
White Widow feminized cannabis seeds are (60%/40%) indica/sativa cross-strain and is best suited to indoor cannabis cultivation. Our feminizes cannabis seeds grow as high as 35-80 cm with the yield up to 450 gr per m2. It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower! The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see them at all.
White Widow feminized seeds produce plants that give you the taste of freshness laced with many fruits, because of the strength of the cannabis crystals - the only real taste goes hand in hand with the expectorant effects of the THC. You better try it for yourself. The smell is strong pungency. It first hits you, then follows a sour sweetness with the final whiff ... turning sweet. If a plant could have a strong body odour then the White Widow needs a deodorant.
Cannabis smokers adore its sweet, thick, acrid smoke that imparts a hammering stone. Extremely powerful. Experienced smokers only.

Royal Kush (Indica Afghani x Skunk #1)
Royal Kush is a strong hard wearing strain which is a cross of an indica Afghani and a potent Skunk #1. The leaves grow wide and long which enable her to absorb as much light as possible. Royal Kush cannabis seeds have a reasonably fast flowering time with a coating of eye-popping white and orange hairs. A sweet skunk smell is present with a hint of citrus orange and possibly strawberry. Royal Kush gives a strong mental high with a tendency to lean towards a physical effect that can make your body feel pleasantly heavy.

Purple Haze
Purple Haze is a cannabis hybrid with a soaring Haze high mixed with thick resin production of the finest Indicas. Not too tall. Purple Haze is beautiful, with long running buds that produce pleasing dense and a sticky coating of trichomes. Purple Haze is darker than most Sativas more deep green of Afghanis. When exposed to lower temperatures at the end of flowering, leaves and calyxes can rapidly change colour from dark green to lavender or violet and sometime blue. Purple Haze smells subtle when plants are growing, becoming rich and sharp when buds are harvested and dried. Purple Haze flowers between 50-65 days and produces a medium yield.

Critical (Critical Mass x Brazilian x South Indian)
Critical is a big and branched plant with a large bud production. It adapts to all types of substrates and forms of cultivation. A maximum of 10 days of growth is advised for indoors to avoid a too big final size. Fast and rich outdoors harvest, its cannabis seeds produces abundant branches and infinity of buds. The use of guides is essential in some cases so that the branches do not bend under its own weight at the end of flowering.

Armageddon
Armageddon is a sativa influenced strain has the body of an Indica but with the typical Sativa high effects. Armageddon produces big, heavy flowers with lots of crystals and a high THC percentage. This plant has all the ingredients a grower wishes for in a heavy duty strain. Expect an easy to grow plant with high yields of serious quality buds. Flowering time for these cannabis seeds take 8-9 weeks and its yield is very high. Harvest outdoors is in October. This will be the end of the world as you know it!

How Many Plants?
3 "Critical" to start, but I plan to buy more seeds and clone until I eventually have a constant farm of about 40 producing plants (8 of each of the 5 strains).

Indoor or Outdoor?
Indoor.

Soil or Hydro?
Soil.

If Soil... What is in your Mix?
I will be using Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Fox Farm Light Warrior in a 70:30 ratio. They will be on the Fox Farm Nutrient Regimen (for the soil system feeding schedule).

If Soil... What Size Pot?
Vegging and budding plants will be in 5 gallon (approx. 6 inch diameter) pots, clones and seedlings will be set in approx 1.5 inch diameter pots until they are ready to leave the humididome.

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
(4) 45w cfl's (per room)

Is it Air Cooled?
Only with fans.

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
Around 70-75 degrees.

Size or Square Footage of Room?
6 feet X 10 Feet

Map
1705898741922.png

PLEASE look at my map and tell me what you think of the set up!

even a 250w HPS light will blow those CFL's out of the water. They usually last quite a while. You'll get a hellofa better yield. There worth it..

even a 250w HPS light will blow those CFL's out of the water. They usually last quite a while. You'll get a hellofa better yield. There worth it..

I found a 250w for $150 and I found a 400w for $160. If you say its worth it, It most likely is. I will try to invest in one.

Thanks for the assistance. :ganjamon:

I do have a question: Are metal halide that much better than cfl's in the vegetative state?

as long as you can deal with the extra heat. More ventilation will be required VS. CFL's, and you don't have too small a space vertically. I have a 5ft vertical space, and mine does fine. I have the area completely sealed exept a 4" intake and 4" exhaust with a 140cfm inline fan inn the exhaust. good luck with your grow no matter what you decide to go with.

Yeah, before you get all happy about soil and nutes, you REALLY need to re think your lights. You will need:
~3,000-3,500 lumens/sqft for veg
~5,000+/sqft for flower

If you are really talking a 6'x10' area (60sqft), you will need minimum 2 1000w HPS for flower, if not more. Better :reading420magazine: some more.

I'm running 800w in a 4'x4' tent.:yummy:

As far as soils, those prices are crazy!

I make my own, and for 200qts (50 gallons) it comes out to a bit over $50.
3.8 cf peat moss-$12
4cf perlite-$17
Blood meal-$5
Bone meal-$5
Kelp meal-$10
Worm castings- I have my own worm bin, but they are usually a bit over $1/lb.

Do your own dirt and use the saved money for proper lighting and ventilation.:hmmmm:

DD

I found a 250w for $150 and I found a 400w for $160. If you say its worth it, It most likely is. I will try to invest in one.

Thanks for the assistance. :ganjamon:

I do have a question: Are metal halide that much better than cfl's in the vegetative state?
If you're gonna buy a hps light, then i suggest lumitek, or a good name brand. You'll think yourself later !!:welldone:

My first grow i'll prolly just use cfls and then upgrade when I start a modified SoG

as long as you can deal with the extra heat. More ventilation will be required VS. CFL's, and you don't have too small a space vertically. I have a 5ft vertical space, and mine does fine. I have the area completely sealed exept a 4" intake and 4" exhaust with a 140cfm inline fan inn the exhaust. good luck with your grow no matter what you decide to go with.

thanks for all the advice! i currently only have 2 small fans... would that be sufficient or...?
(I eventually plan to get a decent sized one for each of the grow rooms.)

Yeah, before you get all happy about soil and nutes, you REALLY need to re think your lights. You will need:
~3,000-3,500 lumens/sqft for veg
~5,000+/sqft for flower

If you are really talking a 6'x10' area (60sqft), you will need minimum 2 1000w HPS for flower, if not more. Better :reading420magazine: some more.

I'm running 800w in a 4'x4' tent.:yummy:

As far as soils, those prices are crazy!

I make my own, and for 200qts (50 gallons) it comes out to a bit over $50.
3.8 cf peat moss-$12
4cf perlite-$17
Blood meal-$5
Bone meal-$5
Kelp meal-$10
Worm castings- I have my own worm bin, but they are usually a bit over $1/lb.

Do your own dirt and use the saved money for proper lighting and ventilation.:hmmmm:

DD

Thanks for the heads up DD, I was planning on making my own originally as I already have alot of good soil mixtures from growing other plants that would work fine for cannabis but after reading around alot I got pretty scared of mal-nutrition. I guess that what the added nutes are for ha. I will prolly make my own soil. I'll use my custom soil for my first grow, but would you mind either replying with a specific "recipe" for you soil or PM'ing it to me please. Much appreciated!

If you're gonna buy a hps light, then i suggest lumitek, or a good name brand. You'll think yourself later !!:welldone:

I'll be sure to look into it, thanks!

Google LC's Soiless Mix #1and you will find it.

There are actually 2, depending if you are using straight peat (#1), or something like ProMix (#2).

Good stuff, you'll like it.

DD

Anybody know if SuperThrive is as good as I've heard claims of? I've heard it can double your bud by some people and some just say it makes you plants a lot healthier. Anybody have any info or evidence for the use of SuperThrive?

Google LC's Soiless Mix #1and you will find it.

There are actually 2, depending if you are using straight peat (#1), or something like ProMix (#2).

Good stuff, you'll like it.

DD

Thanks dude! I'll be makin me own soil :grinjoint:

yea, Superthrive helps your plants health overall and I think it helps yield, but i've been using it for soo long I don't remember NOT using it. lol I can tell you that for what it costs, and the fact that you only need 1 drop per gallon of water, a tiny bottle will last you quite a while, unless you got a big-ass reservoir. lol

Back
Top Bottom