My very own grow soon, help wanted!

Borune

Hey 420, I've been in with quite a few people on their grows so I know the basics. Now I am going to start my own grow (finally!) and could use any advice you guys are willing to offer.

Any changes/suggestions you guys would have for me would be appreciated. I'm a lil' nervous. :goof:

Heres some basic info:

What Strain is it?

Critical (Critical Mass x Brazilian x South Indian)
Critical is a big and branched plant with a large bud production. It adapts to all types of substrates and forms of cultivation. A maximum of 10 days of growth is advised for indoors to avoid a too big final size. Fast and rich outdoors harvest, its cannabis seeds produces abundant branches and infinity of buds. The use of guides is essential in some cases so that the branches do not bend under its own weight at the end of flowering.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Hybrid, unknown. (Primarily indica.)

How Many Plants?
1 to start, but I plan to clone and eventually have a constant farm of about 20 plants.

Indoor or Outdoor?
Inside a plastic shed. (Indoor?)

Soil or Hydro?
Soil... for now...

If Soil... What is in your Mix?
Regular grow soil with an added food pellets (contains: 16% sulfer, 1.5% iron) and garden fertilizer (contains: 8% nitrogen, 10% available phosphate, 8% soluble potash).

If Soil... What Size Pot?
In a 6 inch diameter pot, clones will be set in approx 1.5 inch diameter pots until they are ready to leave the humididome.

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
3 - 40w cfl's

Is it Air Cooled?
Only with a fan.

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
Should (hopefully) stay around 70-75 degrees.

Size or Square Footage of Room?
11 feet X 11 Feet

My only suggestions would be to take your time. Scan over the many cfl/soil grow journals and try to adapt proven techniques and products that you can apply to your own grow.
A good soil & nute product line up for beginners is Fox Farm. It's inexpensive and covers all the bases. Even if you only use the base line up and follow the instructions on the bottles you will have success.:welcome: & :goodluck::ganjamon:

My only suggestions would be to take your time. Scan over the many cfl/soil grow journals and try to adapt proven techniques and products that you can apply to your own grow.
A good soil & nute product line up for beginners is Fox Farm. It's inexpensive and covers all the bases. Even if you only use the base line up and follow the instructions on the bottles you will have success.:welcome: & :goodluck::ganjamon:

thanks for the suggestion!
I've found Fox Farm Soil Nutrient Trio (Quarts) for $35.00 and Fox Farm Soluble Tri Pack (1 lb each) for $64.00. Are these good deals or should I keep looking?

thanks for the suggestion!
I've found Fox Farm Soil Nutrient Trio (Quarts) for $35.00 and Fox Farm Soluble Tri Pack (1 lb each) for $64.00. Are these good deals or should I keep looking?

I would just go with the Soil Nutrient Trio of Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. You'll use large quantities of Big Bloom so if you can get a discount by buying the gallon size it will be a +.
I've tried the soluble trio of Beastie Blooms, Open Sesme, etc and they nuked my plants they were so potent. I did not like them at all and have not used them since.:yummy:

I would just go with the Soil Nutrient Trio of Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. You'll use large quantities of Big Bloom so if you can get a discount by buying the gallon size it will be a +.
I've tried the soluble trio of Beastie Blooms, Open Sesme, etc and they nuked my plants they were so potent. I did not like them at all and have not used them since.:yummy:

Woohoo! That cuts the cost down too. Thanks again.
I have another question for you, am I screwed If I don't use anything reflective like mylar?

Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with me! :thumb:

26 $$ per 40 qt. bag, in Vermont. Is that what you're calling inexpensive ?? I buy it bacause i'm afraid of making my own, but i think 26 $$ for a bag of dirt, is awful !! I'm thinking of trying canadian peet and perlite next !!

Hey orangeblood..my hydro guy suggested i use Boost by Canna instead of the Soluble Trio from FF...Oh Man talk about the FLOWERS Exploding with growth...:yahoo:Huge difference and I LIKE IT.:yahoo:

Just wanted to pass that on..:peace: and 420love:yummy:

26 $$ per 40 qt. bag, in Vermont. Is that what you're calling inexpensive ?? I buy it bacause i'm afraid of making my own, but i think 26 $$ for a bag of dirt, is awful !! I'm thinking of trying canadian peet and perlite next !!

Try Coco Coir & chunky perlite. Thats what I prefer. soilless/hydro. I go 75%coir/25% Perlite.

yea, it's good stuff, but try shipping a whole pallet of that stuff from northern cali all the way to Vermont. Sheesh. 2500lb pallet. Even here in Colorado they are $22 a bag. a coco brick is like $3. Hmmmm...let me think. lol

I love the FFOF and cocoa....yes its a lil pricy but it works for me. I do mostly hydro and dont have the time to be mixing a bunch soil.

I love the FFOF and cocoa....yes its a lil pricy but it works for me. I do mostly hydro and dont have the time to be mixing a bunch soil.
The FFOF is good stuff, but i add a 8 qt. bag of perlite to each 40 qt. bag of FFOF. What do you use soil for, your moms ?? I only grow 4 plants , like three time per yr., so two 40 qt. bags, probably last a yr. !! I'm a big time operator !!
:reading420magazine:

I'm only paying $18 per 40q bag of Ocean Forest. Maybe your supply house is being greedy with their mark up?
Sure you can pay less for lower quality but I would rather buy a hi quality premixed soil rather than try a custom blend and have to use products like cal mag and other additives to make up for where the soil is lacking.
Besides this is a beginning grow that needs to be as easy as possible so the grower gets his legs beneath him. I would think that spending a couple extra dollars for insurance of having a quality soil would outweigh the extra steps and know how of mixing a soil and dealing with nute deficiencies down the road.:peace::yummy:

Back
Top Bottom